Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

Pearson on the edge? Definitely if the owners are fans.

Let's start with the positives.

There is nothing wrong with the players we have.

Almost all of them, including Dyer and Waghorn, keep improving.

The new players we bring in are of value - by and large worth more than we paid for them.

These 'positives' could be Pearson, could be Shakespeare.

BUT, Pearson is either just stubborn or totally inept tactically. The majority of supporters know we are not strong enough in midfield playing 4-4-2 with Dyer, Knockaert, King and Drinkwarter.

I spoke to Raj the newsagent today. "too weak in the midfield", he said to me. My mate texted me before kick off on Saturday, "the ****'* got selection wrong again". I knew what he meant, I knew we would not beat Millwall. We talk about it every week. Every Leicester fan seems to know we either need a central midfield player with some strength and bite and downright physicality or we need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation. We all know it, deep down we all know and understand this concept, regardless of which players we like or dislike, we know it is true. We are all fans, supporters. If the owners are fans and supporters and have any idea about football at all, they will know Pearson is getting it badly wrong.

If Pearson is tactically inept, we need to get rid sooner rather than later, and that is a fact!

If he is just stubborn, like O'Neil or Wenger then someone needs to have a gentle word in his ear to put him right. Whatever happens, top two is beyond us with Pearson's favourite midfield set-up and even top six looks doubtful.

And before anyone suggests it, Wellens back in and we'd be nearer relegation than promotion.

This is why you, Raj and your other mate arent football managers.

I'm sick and tired of you negative twonks coming on here and spouting shit! So we lost to Millwall, some people don't seem to understand, they were unbeaten in 14 (YES 14) games before they lost to Ipswich!

January is coming up, we'll strengthen the midfield and possibly upfront as well!

We're still in the play offs and not far off the top 2 and please don't forget, WE'RE ONLY IN DECEMBER!

NOW **** OFF!

It's a forum aren't people allowed to have different views to others, surely that's the point of a forum.

We'll strengthen in midfield will we?? As you obviously can see into the future give me Saturdays lottery numbers please.

"Our fans have become the most arrogant in this league bar absolutely none. Literally worse than Forest. Ever since King Power arrived expectations have shot up, of course they were bound to and so did mine, but once we did shit in 2011/12 my expectations went back downhill, it seems the majority of our fans just haven't.

Maybe if we did get up our support would improve because we wouldn't turn up everywhere thinking we're gonna wipe the floor with everyone, but knowing ours based on the last two seasons, I wouldn't be stunned."

That my friend spot on!!!!

Pearson's biggest problem for me isn't lack of strength in midfield, it's the fact he plays our most creative player out wide on his weaker foot.

We don't have forwards who get on the end of crosses like Holt/Lambert so it's a waste of time putting crosses in the majority of the time, if we're going to keep it well on the floor attacking then at least put Knockaert just behind the striker(s), he's the best we have at picking a through ball and he's completely wasted on the right.

It's a forum aren't people allowed to have different views to others, surely that's the point of a forum.

Yes, GLC has a different opinion to you, why aren't you happy with him voicing it?

The same way Pearson did it with us a few years ago would be my guess.

I dont agree as that was on the back of a very successful promotion season in League 1.

This is out of nowhere, in fact it's on the back of the poor start to the season where his job was under question.

We'll strengthen in midfield will we?? As you obviously can see into the future give me Saturdays lottery numbers please.

Yeah we will, I think Pearson knows we're a bit weak in midfield!

I have not read most the comments as it would be absoluetly pointless considering the topic at hand.

people or the OP are complaining about the midfield yet it has been working very well all season, its only over the last few games that the team has had problems. I'm sure Pearson will realise this and maybe make a few changes away from home.

but pearson on the edge? load of bollox.

I dont agree as that was on the back of a very successful promotion season in League 1.

This is out of nowhere, in fact it's on the back of the poor start to the season where his job was under question.

Oh so that guarantees you a by to the play-offs does it?

You are obviously easier to please than me. In the past I wanted 'shot' of Jimmy Bloomfield because two years of seventh in the top league was not good enough with players like Shilton, Weller, Glover, Worthington etc. You've obviously only ever supported a Leicester team that's no better than average!

lol Is this supposed to be some sort of defence for being an ungrateful, arrogant fool?

I was more on about when GLC said "I'm sick of twonks like you posting s**t"

All because he doesn't agree with what he's saying doesn't mean he can't come on here and post what he thinks.

He's not been banned has he?

People have got to realise that just because you have te right to an opinion, it doesn't mean you are protected from abuse when you talk absolute shit.

He was.

The point I was making is that we had momentum.

Whereas Jacket has conjured up that run from no where.

Momentum is all in the mind. It is not a physical advantage. That is no sort of an argument.

All because he doesn't agree with what he's saying doesn't mean he can't come on here and post what he thinks.

GLC never said he can't come on here and post shit, he just said that he's sick of it. I'm sick of it as well, but I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to post it.

He can post what he likes, but at the end of the day, Why all the negativity? We're in the play offs! we're not even half way through the season!

People have got to realise that just because you have te right to an opinion, it doesn't mean you are protected from abuse when you talk absolute shit.

Momentum is all in the mind. It is not a physical advantage. That is no sort of an argument.

I am not sure why you are trying to dig me out?

Someone put that we shouldn't have expected much as Millwall are on a run.

I was pointing out that jacket had created that run with **** all money and negative momentum.

No, I'm still here :D

He was.

Your original point which I responded to was that Jackett has had that success without a great squad or great finances. Was I wrong to say Pearson has done the same?

Even more impressivley Pearson did it with a squad that was in League One a season ago, where as this season Kenny has done it with a side who finished mid-table in the Championship last year, finishing the season on form.

If you really want to know how he's done it, it's down to the fact, IMO, that he is not only a good manager but he's been given 5 YEARS to do it. That's what gets you success, not chopping and changing every five minutes. They didn't sack him when they were around the relegation zone at the start of last season. You're right we could learn a thing or two from them. At least from the people who run the football club.

Your original point which I responded to was that Jackett has had that success without a great squad or great finances. Was I wrong to say Pearson has done the same?

Even more impressivley Pearson did it with a squad that was in League One a season ago, where as this season Kenny has done it with a side who finished mid-table in the Championship last year, finishing the season on form.

If you really want to know how he's done it, it's down to the fact, IMO, that he is not only a good manager but he's been given 5 YEARS to do it. That's what gets you success, not chopping and changing every five minutes. They didn't sack him when they were around the relegation zone at the start of last season. You're right we could learn a thing or two from them. At least from the people who run the football club.

We spent money on the back of that promotion season also, dont forget that.

Listen, I like and respect Pearson, I was just saying that what Jacket has done at Millwall is something very clever.

We spent money on the back of that promotion season also, dont forget that.

Listen, I like and respect Pearson, I was just saying that what Jacket has done at Millwall is something very clever.

Not an awful lot of money.

I agree Jacket has done a good job, I'm just not sure he's done any better than Pearson in his first spell. I got the impression from your first post that you thought we were doing something wrong. Apologies if that isn't the case.

I am not sure why you are trying to dig me out?

Someone put that we shouldn't have expected much as Millwall are on a run.

I was pointing out that jacket had created that run with **** all money and negative momentum.

You tried to point out that what Pearson did was less impressive because he had momentum from league one.

Regardless, we didn't have momentum when he came back last season.

Jackett is doing a good job, but they're still below us remember.

He was.

In the same way that Pearson did earlier this season after a poor start when his job was under threat you mean? At least Pearson did it with a team playing good football not Dave Bassett/John Beck throwback ugly shite like Jackett. It's working for Millwall at the moment but I really don't think they're that good

You tried to point out that what Pearson did was less impressive because he had momentum from league one.

Regardless, we didn't have momentum when he came back last season.

Jackett is doing a good job, but they're still below us remember.

We've still got none now to be fair?

Or am I wrong?

We go on a little run then it goes tits up.

And momentum and runs is what this league is all about, any team that can pick up points consistently ends up at the sharp end come the spring.

Millwall fans cant get all high and mighty as they were mostly calling for Jacket to be sacked after their poor run at the start of the season, now they are licking his balls again.

I think with us the reason why we cant maintain a run for a longer period is due to our inability / unwillingness to adapt ourselves to certain games and opposition styles of play.

We need to change it up and be more robust and ugly when it comes to games like Millwall away, we are not just going to play every side off the park week in week out and some teams will strong arm you and not give you the time or space.

In the same way that Pearson did earlier this season after a poor start when his job was under threat you mean? At least Pearson did it with a team playing good football not Dave Bassett/John Beck throwback ugly shite like Jackett. It's working for Millwall at the moment but I really don't think they're that good

Which just shows you dont need to be that good to get out of this league, just find a formula that works for you and use it whilst be able to adapt at times when the opposition counter act your strengths.

Archived