Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

Pearson on the edge? Definitely if the owners are fans.

OK, you've all convinced me. Pearson is a genius who knows exactly what he is doing and we should all be very happy to support his team, and grateful that we achieved one point against Barnsley and Millwall. Silly me.

Good man, I'm sure now that you accept that in this league there will be blips and anyone can beat anyone ie Cardiff v Posh on Ssaturday! Things have improved dramatically since NP has been clearing out and bringing in his players. It would be deluded to say we're the finished article and I'm sure NP has identified targets for January....time will tell. I will say categorically I feel it is ludicrous bordering on moronic to be calling for his head at this point. The club definitively needs stability and patience not the perils of the managerial merry-go-round which would set us back another 2 years IMO.

Once again a few Leicester fans panicking when it's not needed, we do need a tough centre midfielder but that's what January is for. What can Pearson do before then, nothing,only shuffle what he's got. We're 5th place which at this stage I would of taken back in august.

We've still got none now to be fair?

Or am I wrong?

We go on a little run then it goes tits up.

And momentum and runs is what this league is all about, any team that can pick up points consistently ends up at the sharp end come the spring.

Millwall fans cant get all high and mighty as they were mostly calling for Jacket to be sacked after their poor run at the start of the season, now they are licking his balls again.

I think with us the reason why we cant maintain a run for a longer period is due to our inability / unwillingness to adapt ourselves to certain games and opposition styles of play.

We need to change it up and be more robust and ugly when it comes to games like Millwall away, we are not just going to play every side off the park week in week out and some teams will strong arm you and not give you the time or space.

We're in a bad run of form, certainly compared to our 7 match unbeaten run. Pearson does make mistakes and he needs to make sure we compete better in matches like the last one. But we're capable of better than this so I'm not too worried.

My issue with your posts was you seemed to be belittling Pearson's record by saying we had momentum, as if winning league one hands us a Championship play-off place on a plate.

I'll be very surprised if Millwall finish above us. We're still doing ok, we need a couple of signings in January and we need to find some form quickly, but I'm not overly concerned, I have faith in Pearson fro what he's done with us up to this point. Now is not the time to panic or start laying into Pearson.

I think that the most telling point in there is that jackett has had 5 years to get this side performing, np has had 12 months, the first 8 months of that was spent trying to undo the mess left by Sven.

If Pearson had never left and this was his 5th season and we were in this position I would understand more people's concerns, but we are still very much a work in progress, Pearson didn't have the money Sven did, and has produced a much better team and a much more consistent team, but to expect perfection on such a short timescale is ridiculous.

Pearson didn't do enough last season to get us competing, we weren't fluent enough with our style and although we scored goals we weren't convincing.

He's gone some way to changing how we play and we are more prolific up front and meaner at the back. But he knows we can't afford to fall too far behind the top two.

Let's start with the positives.

There is nothing wrong with the players we have.

Almost all of them, including Dyer and Waghorn, keep improving.

The new players we bring in are of value - by and large worth more than we paid for them.

These 'positives' could be Pearson, could be Shakespeare.

BUT, Pearson is either just stubborn or totally inept tactically. The majority of supporters know we are not strong enough in midfield playing 4-4-2 with Dyer, Knockaert, King and Drinkwarter.

I spoke to Raj the newsagent today. "too weak in the midfield", he said to me. My mate texted me before kick off on Saturday, "the ****'* got selection wrong again". I knew what he meant, I knew we would not beat Millwall. We talk about it every week. Every Leicester fan seems to know we either need a central midfield player with some strength and bite and downright physicality or we need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation. We all know it, deep down we all know and understand this concept, regardless of which players we like or dislike, we know it is true. We are all fans, supporters. If the owners are fans and supporters and have any idea about football at all, they will know Pearson is getting it badly wrong.

If Pearson is tactically inept, we need to get rid sooner rather than later, and that is a fact!

If he is just stubborn, like O'Neil or Wenger then someone needs to have a gentle word in his ear to put him right. Whatever happens, top two is beyond us with Pearson's favourite midfield set-up and even top six looks doubtful.

And before anyone suggests it, Wellens back in and we'd be nearer relegation than promotion.

The whole argument died with mention of Wellens.

Dreadful tone to this thread, you would hardly think we all supported the same team..... :nono:

My personal view is that NFP is producing a pretty decent side from the wreckage (mainly financial) of the Ericson era. That he is doing this whilst reducing our expenditure is is all the more remarkable.

This makes him a good manager but he is not yet a great one, in his time with us (both periods) he has brought stability, great team work ethic, and our best results in recent times. Off the field he has brought in advances such as sports medicine and a good scouting network.

That said, I feel he can be a bit conservative and reluctant to change the way we play, his continued use of a very traditional 4-4-2 makes us vulnerable in central midfield and some teams have managed to take advantage of that

In addition, his use of our more creative players (going back as far as Gradel) is uninspiring and as a consequence we lack a cutting edge and the ability to change a game that is going against us.

NFP appears to be building a very good team/squad but this is clearly still a work in process and in modern football few managers are given that time...... :dunno:

On a personal note I am somewhat concerned that, having gone on a fine run earlier in the season, we have failed to move forward and adapt as our form has faltered a little. I think we need to change the way we set up and 'freshen' things up a little, I know it goes against NFP's natural conservatism but I think we need to be more attacking, not less...... :thumbup:

It's a forum aren't people allowed to have different views to others, surely that's the point of a forum.

We'll strengthen in midfield will we?? As you obviously can see into the future give me Saturdays lottery numbers please.

Not on this forum they`re not!

Anyone with a different view, especially if they are not wearing blue tinted glasses, are quite obviously not City fans, and should go and support the scum at Forest, or Cov, even if they may have spent the last 40 years following the city!

At least Cloughie was willing to have a discussion, before deciding that he was right.

On here, they don`t do discussions, they are right, end of!

Anyone with a different view, especially if they are not wearing blue tinted glasses, are quite obviously not City fans, and should go and support the scum at Forest, or Cov, even if they may have spent the last 40 years following the city!

At least Cloughie was willing to have a discussion, before deciding that he was right.

Well If you don't like it :P

Oi keep me out of this :P:D

The new players we bring in are of value - by and large worth more than we paid for them.

BUT, Pearson is either just stubborn or totally inept tactically. The majority of supporters know we are not strong enough in midfield playing 4-4-2 with Dyer, Knockaert, King and Drinkwarter.

I spoke to Raj the newsagent today. "too weak in the midfield", he said to me. My mate texted me before kick off on Saturday, "the ****'* got selection wrong again". I knew what he meant, I knew we would not beat Millwall. We talk about it every week. Every Leicester fan seems to know we either need a central midfield player with some strength and bite and downright physicality or we need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation. We all know it, deep down we all know and understand this concept, regardless of which players we like or dislike, we know it is true. We are all fans, supporters. If the owners are fans and supporters and have any idea about football at all, they will know Pearson is getting it badly wrong.

If Pearson is tactically inept, we need to get rid sooner rather than later, and that is a fact!

If he is just stubborn, like O'Neil or Wenger then someone needs to have a gentle word in his ear to put him right. Whatever happens, top two is beyond us with Pearson's favourite midfield set-up and even top six looks doubtful.

And before anyone suggests it, Wellens back in and we'd be nearer relegation than promotion.

Some managers think football should be played in a certain way and Pearson is one of them what ever the result it will be 4-4-2 next week and the week after.

Perhaps the management thought a team that has got us 5 points off automatic was worth giving another try, considering they hadn't really put in too many performances like the Barnsley game previously. I suppose that's probably an alien concept to some though. Especially considering the team is 7 places better off that this time last year.

Clearly we've made no progress, get rid.

Then again Mr Babylon sir, maybe the fact we have now picked up only 12 points from our last 10 games, (hardly play off form) might suggest that things are going ever so slightly pear shaped at the moment.

Still at least we`re 7 places better off than we were this time last year, so no need to worry.

shocked-cat-o.gif

It really has been shite in performances recently no consistency that is the thing that grates me the most if we play shit lets play shit all the time, if we play well lets play well all the time lol , no middle ground.

In all seriousness though we need to win our next two games.

That's not the point though is it? Some people lack the ability to put things into perspective. You'd think that we'd be bottom of the league and Pearson had decided to put Conrad Logan up front, the way people criticise him! It's because people go overboard, that the people backing Pearson slam into these people's negativity and its a perfectly understandable response.

He's doing a good job but like many others there are things that I might do a little differently but he's the manager and getting the majority of decisions right.

If put foward their ideas with sensible reasons behind it and the vast majority will listen and debate. No knee-jerk reactions and that goes for both sides of the coin.

Its not really a place of sensible debate anymore; it just turns into a slagging match and invariably goes off topic.

Pearson on the edge! What a load of old cobblers!

He's turned this team around!!! He's finally gotten rid (I hope) of Jermaine fookin Beckford and signed some good young players.

However, I too listened to the moan-in this evening and found myself nodding at one of the journo's comments ..... That this team of young players needs a couple or three older heads in to bring them up further. I think he said a centre back, a midfielder and a striker, all of whom have experience of the division?

HALLELUJAH! I've been saying this since pre-season.

Great work so far Nige, but finish the job with an older head or two, cos we ain't far off.

Arthursteppen Wolfe.. Go back under your rock son.

Od1YU.gif

I have to say that Pearson is very stereotyped when it comes to formation, which is a massive weakness, and could be our downfall this season.

There is certainly no need to panic, YET! The match at Millwall was probably lost because of the formation. Drinkwater, I thought had a very poor game throughout, and cohesion was lax in midfield generally.

I hope I am wrong, but promotion in my view is unlikely, Valuable points are being lost, for want of more flexability in line up formation

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and that but come on seriously? Pearson's the manager with the highest win % we have ever had (check the FT stats page if you don't believe me) and we're 5th. Not like autos is a rubber-stamped definite for us because it isn't, but as a fan i'm happy with the progress we're making and when we lose against stubborn teams such as Millwall and Leeds yes, the mistakes are putting players who lack strength against big strong defenders but what else can Pearson do? Knockeart and Dyer aren't weak but they're not up to playing well against stubborn players. We only have Marshall else available to play on the wing and he's no Big Wes either. So stop talking like we're in the bottom 3 and playing terrible every game because we're not, Pearson is 100% my man for the job.

Which just shows you dont need to be that good to get out of this league, just find a formula that works for you and use it whilst be able to adapt at times when the opposition counter act your strengths.

Exactly, Jackett had a style in mind, as ugly as it is, got players in to fit that style and they play to their strengths, and to be fair, it's working at the moment. They may well start to falter when someone buys Chris Wood though. We need to get back to playing to our strengths and impose our game on the opposition. Too many times recently we've allowed the opposition to impose their game on us and dominate us

Archived