Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

Pearson on the edge? Definitely if the owners are fans.

Let's start with the positives.

There is nothing wrong with the players we have.

Almost all of them, including Dyer and Waghorn, keep improving.

The new players we bring in are of value - by and large worth more than we paid for them.

These 'positives' could be Pearson, could be Shakespeare.

BUT, Pearson is either just stubborn or totally inept tactically. The majority of supporters know we are not strong enough in midfield playing 4-4-2 with Dyer, Knockaert, King and Drinkwarter.

I spoke to Raj the newsagent today. "too weak in the midfield", he said to me. My mate texted me before kick off on Saturday, "the ****'* got selection wrong again". I knew what he meant, I knew we would not beat Millwall. We talk about it every week. Every Leicester fan seems to know we either need a central midfield player with some strength and bite and downright physicality or we need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation. We all know it, deep down we all know and understand this concept, regardless of which players we like or dislike, we know it is true. We are all fans, supporters. If the owners are fans and supporters and have any idea about football at all, they will know Pearson is getting it badly wrong.

If Pearson is tactically inept, we need to get rid sooner rather than later, and that is a fact!

If he is just stubborn, like O'Neil or Wenger then someone needs to have a gentle word in his ear to put him right. Whatever happens, top two is beyond us with Pearson's favourite midfield set-up and even top six looks doubtful.

And before anyone suggests it, Wellens back in and we'd be nearer relegation than promotion.

The new players we bring in are of value - by and large worth more than we paid for them.

BUT, Pearson is either just stubborn or totally inept tactically. The majority of supporters know we are not strong enough in midfield playing 4-4-2 with Dyer, Knockaert, King and Drinkwarter.

I spoke to Raj the newsagent today. "too weak in the midfield", he said to me. My mate texted me before kick off on Saturday, "the ****'* got selection wrong again". I knew what he meant, I knew we would not beat Millwall. We talk about it every week. Every Leicester fan seems to know we either need a central midfield player with some strength and bite and downright physicality or we need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation. We all know it, deep down we all know and understand this concept, regardless of which players we like or dislike, we know it is true. We are all fans, supporters. If the owners are fans and supporters and have any idea about football at all, they will know Pearson is getting it badly wrong.

If Pearson is tactically inept, we need to get rid sooner rather than later, and that is a fact!

If he is just stubborn, like O'Neil or Wenger then someone needs to have a gentle word in his ear to put him right. Whatever happens, top two is beyond us with Pearson's favourite midfield set-up and even top six looks doubtful.

And before anyone suggests it, Wellens back in and we'd be nearer relegation than promotion.

Don't be silly.

Although, I do see the points that you're making. Hopefully Pearson will change it up in future although, by sending out an unchanged team he is promoting a good working ethos. E.g: Play well, and keep your place. He sent the players out, most of them knowing their roles - and if they don't think they can carry out the roll Pearson has set them, then it is their responsibility to let Pearson know that they aren't up for it.

might get some stick for this, but i agree about the weak midfield, we desperately needed a danns-esque player to kick them about a bit

shittu vs knockaert, seriously?

i don't think he's tactically inept, it's just against these tough teams we haven't got a brute of a midfielder that can put a stamp on the game by being a bit physical, maybe something for january?

Pearson's getting it badly wrong? Are we in the bottom 3 or something?

You are obviously easier to please than me. In the past I wanted 'shot' of Jimmy Bloomfield because two years of seventh in the top league was not good enough with players like Shilton, Weller, Glover, Worthington etc. You've obviously only ever supported a Leicester team that's no better than average!

You are obviously easier to please than me. In the past I wanted 'shot' of Jimmy Bloomfield because two years of seventh in the top league was not good enough with players like Shilton, Weller, Glover, Worthington etc. You've obviously only ever supported a Leicester team that's no better than average!

Did you want O'Neill gone as well? You sound like one of those fans who's only ever happy when they're moaning!

Most inept post I've ever read on here... which is really saying something.

Don't even want to dignify it with a response, but I'm bored.

Pearson? The man who got us to our highest position in a decade... left the day after AFI was formed & started serious takeover proceedings of the club... we go on an 18m binge which brought nothing but mid-table mediocrity and set us back 2 years, realising their mistakes they rectify it by brining him back, not able to stamp authority on the mid-table misfits, turns it around in the close season.

So much so that not only do we look real contenders for the playoffs but are in touch with the top 2 - this is despite us being mediocre AT BEST for a decade whilst teams like Cardiff, M'boro, Reading & others were or are always in the top few and haven't had to make the leaps we had to in this close season.

We need to impose our game on other teams, when we do no one can live with us - they rarely get a chance and we rip them apart at the other end through the pace of Schlupp+Dyer down the left, or the one touch guile from King, Knocky & De Laet down the right made possible by the hardwork of Drinkwater, Nuge, Vardy & Waggy.

People seem to want us to throw what is good away, sign a clogger & play hoofball up to Futacs? Did QPR do that when they went up, did Reading, Swansea? No!

They stuck to what they did best.

We need to find a way to make sure our A game is more effective against spoiling teams like Leeds & Millwall.

It's January soon, the window is open, and we're in a great position to kick-on & tighten up our weaker spots.

the naysayers need to **** off. yes **** off.

Get on board with what will be our best season in a decade as Pearson has accrued enormously better players than his last time here giving us our best ever chance since Micky Adams took a Premiership side up in 2nd.

Well, he can't pick a player we haven't got yet. You don't know that Pearson doesn't know we need a DM and you don't know that he hasn't been trying to get one. I think he did get it wrong on Saturday. I would have gone 5 in midfield and Futacs up front but who's to say that would have worked any better? Would any formation or selection have worked when the players shirked it?

NP has got make sure that the gap between the top 2 doesn't become unmanageable we are 5 points off atm, we need to get a winning run together just to appease the owners demands I guess. Realistically I can see some crappy-average results untill we get the right players in January to push us on.

Love the idea that we should be watching players in an unchanged team that played badly, because they have a good work ethic. Now I know why football fans go to matches, to see players with a good work ethic. Shit, I've been going for 45 years hoping to see good football, and my team winning. Times have changed!

Did you want O'Neill gone as well? You sound like one of those fans who's only ever happy when they're moaning!

You obviously mis-understand me. I do not remember saying anything was wrong with O'Neil ( or Wenger for that matter ), other than they are stubborn. I could try and say that with fewer letters in the words if you want me to.

I don't understand some of the comments I've recently read. Not just by the op, and not just on Foxestalk... We have progressed under Nigel Pearson, and I believe he will take us forward.

Personally, I think he did get it wrong on Saturday. I posted on here that Futacs should start and King should not play. But Nigel is the type of manager to admit when he is wrong. You know what, there hasn't been a manager that hasn't ever made a mistake. We got beat by a team that have been playing well recently. The Den is a tough place to go, people go on about tough players like Michael Brown, but even Leeds lost there.

It actually is unreal how many of our fans look at the negatives. It's like you're waiting for a defeat so that you can pick at Pearson, and certain players in the squad. But I guess it is easier to be negative than positive. I'm not suggesting we have the perfect squad, there is room for improvement, I want us to sign a new left back for example... Most of us looked at the teams this season, the quality; Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Hull, Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough etc. We all knew it would be tough this season, but being 5th on December 17th, I would have taken that. And don't give me this "we're slipping down the league", it's that tight that one win and we're right back in it... Teams like Hull and Middlesbrough have lost a couple on the bounce, to teams like Peterborough and Bristol City (no disrespect, but look at their league positions), but the same fans on here still consider them as promotion favourites.

You obviously mis-understand me. I do not remember saying anything was wrong with O'Neil ( or Wenger for that matter ), other than they are stubborn. I could try and say that with fewer letters in the words if you want me to.

You obviously didn't read the post that I quoted. Nothing to do with your original post. Maybe you should put your specs on and stop trying to belittle people.

Archived