Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Melbourne Victory Song

We're definitely the only British team to sing it as far as I'm aware.

It started life with Ajax though, then made its way to Australia.

I personally think we should sing it exactly like the Dutch do. :whistle:

It's about 3 mins in btw.

Are we talking about dale cavese song? Because plenty of teams do it.

No, the second song that kicks in at around 3 minutes.

Dale Cavese is sung terribly by pretty much every British fan group, I'm glad we haven't caught on to it.

We're definitely the only British team to sing it as far as I'm aware.

It started life with Ajax though, then made its way to Australia.

I personally think we should sing it exactly like the Dutch do. :whistle:

It's about 3 mins in btw.

To be honest, what would improve our atmosphere would be if we did something similar before games to get people in the mood to sing, such as this. Probably would never be allowed though. :blush:

so we have the melbourne song,we follow,ben marshall and the poznan! i don't wanna hear what we do when we get a new song and kill it to death by just singing that. great song but a bit of that and flag waving mixed in with ben marshall and hopefully a couple of poznans when we get our scoring boots on will help

To be honest, what would improve our atmosphere would be if we did something similar before games to get people in the mood to sing, such as this. Probably would never be allowed though. :blush:

But where are they actually singing it? It doesn't look like a stadium concourse to me as it's far to wide, the pillars make it look like they're under a flyover of some description.

Either way we were saying before kick off yesterday the per match music is shite and far too loud, I couldn't even name what they were playing but you literally had to shout to talk to the person next to you.

That needs sorting out really.

But where are they actually singing it? It doesn't look like a stadium concourse to me as it's far to wide, the pillars make it look like they're under a flyover of some description.

Either way we were saying before kick off yesterday the per match music is shite and far too loud, I couldn't even name what they were playing but you literally had to shout to talk to the person next to you.

That needs sorting out really.

Very true, it doesn't look like it is at a stadium. But it could be possible to do this outside the KP, it really would get people in the mood to sing and make some noise.

But yes I do agree entirely with you about the pre match music, it's awful and way to loud. It's like the club are trying to drown out any possible atmosphere.

Sounds as though a few do it actually, never heard it mind.

I'm glad it's getting going at last, a few of us sang it at Hillsborough and it did seem to have the beginnings of taking off then.

Archived