Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Match Day Programme wins award

From the OS.

City Matchday Magazine, the official matchday publication of Leicester City Football Club, has received another national programme accolade.

The Foxes’ 84-page magazine has been named ‘Championship Programme of the Year’ for the 2012/13 season, by the highly-regarded Northern Programme Club, whose own publication, Independent View, is held in high esteem by programme editors and collectors across the country.

Leicester City were named top of the pile out of all 24 Championship matchday programmes, ahead of Middlesbrough in second place and Crystal Palace in third.

The accolade is City Matchday Magazine’s second of the 2012/13 campaign, following the publication being named ‘Championship Programme of the Year Runner-Up’ by Programme Monthly magazine.

Designed and edited in partnership with Soar Media and Official Photographic Supplier Plumb Images, City Matchday Magazine has been the subject of critical acclaim over the past two npower Championship seasons.

The Northern Programme Club’s ‘Championship Programme of the Year’ accolade is the sixth element of recognition to be bestowed upon the matchday accompaniment in just 18 months, following last season’s four awards.

The latest edition of City Matchday Magazine will be available ahead of this Saturday’s third round tie against Burton Albion in the FA Cup with Budweiser, with striker Marko Futacs taking centre-stage in the publication’s feature interview.

I wonder how many of you actually buy one?

I personally never bother as I would not really read it.

Nevertheless, well done to all concerned at the club for this achievement yet again.

I buy one occasionally, have to say it's better than any others I've read.

It probably got the award because the card its made out of is rather nice and makes it look professional, much better than that plasticy crap you get at tinpot clubs like Barnsley and Watford who can't afford those sort of luxuries!

It probably got the award because the card its made out of is rather nice and makes it look professional, much better than that plasticy crap you get at tinpot clubs like Barnsley and Watford who can't afford those sort of luxuries!

Its because we're MASSIVE.

We'll be getting wet wipes in the toilets next season.

I normally buy one but I've noticed that at any game with an attendance over 23k (ie fans' fixtures) and they sell out 20 mins before kick off. Surely the club should recognise that when people get tickets for cheaper, they have a few spare bob to piss away on a programme. Poor really. The margins must be fairly decent and they are missing out badly!

Up until this season I bought one every game for about 3 seasons, this season i have bought 5 sporadically as they don't tend to change a lot.

The player segment is ok if it's a new player but when they feature one who has been here a season or two it's a bit samey.

At the start of the season I reckon each club distributes player profiles for their squad to all the other clubs then when you play them they just 'insert here' those bits as each away programme has more or less the same write ups about our team in them.

The day when the price goes up can't be far away, they have been 3 quid for what seems like ages now, some other clubs have already ramped the price up, West Ham last season was one that was £3.50.

Over £3 and it's too expensive, magazine money but not magazine size. Paperback books aren't much more either!

Archived