Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ICECUBEREALG

The Best Way to go Up!

Remarkably close between the top 4 (Leicester, Cardiff, Hull and Middlesbrough) on the final day, with Forest sitting in 6th, needing a single point to guarantee their play-off spot.

Leicester fall behind early on, but equalise immediately, before Forest make it 2-1 going into the break. Elsewhere, Middlesbrough are winning and Cardiff-Hull is 1-0, leaving it looking like Cardiff will be champions with Middlesbrough in 2nd. After a frustrating second half, Knockaert shows a flash of brilliance to score direct from a corner and level it up, yet still Leicester are sitting in 3rd, 2 points behind the automatics. A last-kick goal from Ben Marshall, from inside his own half, loops over the keeper and gives the Foxes the full 3 points. The result pushes Forest down into 7th, as Watford take the last play-off spot. At the top, Leicester, Cardiff and Middlesbrough are all joint on 89 points, but Leicester's far superior goal difference makes us champions, with Middlesbrough taking second and Cardiff sliding into 3rd on 'Goals scored'.

In the playoffs, Hull lose to Palace and Cardiff bottle it (again) and lose to Watford after a first-leg advantage. Watford win the final.

:thumbup:

As im down under, then Automatic is the best.... if i were going to games, the playoff route would be my choice.

I guess it does raise an interesting question, do I only care about the results or is it about the excitement, happiness and misery?

to be honest as i think about ti now, i guess one year of domination and winning virtually everything (league 1?)... would be great, but sport is meant to bring highs and lows, thats what makes it great.

As im down under, then Automatic is the best.... if i were going to games, the playoff route would be my choice.

I guess it does raise an interesting question, do I only care about the results or is it about the excitement, happiness and misery?

to be honest as i think about ti now, i guess one year of domination and winning virtually everything (league 1?)... would be great, but sport is meant to bring highs and lows, thats what makes it great.

I think i'd rather not have the low this year. After Cardiff there was about a week of depression, especially because my head of year was a Cardiff fan. I think thats the only time i've ever told a teacher to sling his hook, or words to that effect ;)

Archived