Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ICECUBEREALG

The Best Way to go Up!

16th April 2013

Leicester vs. Bolton - Leicester City need three points to secure their position in the play-offs and keep automatic promotion hopes alive, a hard fought game looks like finishing 0-0 as neither side can find a goal. In the 60th minute Mark Davies gives Bolton the lead and all hope looks lost for the Foxes, however in the 78th minute a cross from Anthony Knockaert deflects off the head off Matt Mills and loops over his own goalkeeper to pull the Foxes level. It looks like neither side will manage victory until in the dying moments Matt Mills hacks down Leicester frontman David Nugent in the box, Mills is sent off and a last minute spot-kick is converted by Nugent himself giving the Foxes hope of automatic promotion.

Cardiff vs. Charlton - After the first 20 minutes Cardiff have a two goal lead that looks to have completely killed all hope of the Foxes finishing top of the league. However a brace from Michael Morrison pulls Charlton level and in the final moments of the match Charlton are awarded a dubious penalty that is chipped into the back of the net by striker Yann Kermorgant.

18th April

Bolton's appeal against Matt Mills' red card is successfull leaving him eligible for the rest of the season.

20th April

Crystal Palace vs. Leicester City - Leicester travel to Selhurst Park to take on Ian Holloway's Crystal Palace side, determined to beat the Foxes to keep their play-off hopes alive, the two clubs go into the closing stages level when finally in the 90th minute another late Leicester goal, this time coming off the shin of Chris Wood, dents Palace's promotion hopes and keeps the Foxes in the title race.

Burnley vs. Cardiff City - A Ben Mee brace helps Burnley to a pretty comfortable victory over Cardiff who look set to bottle it once again.

27th April

Leicester vs. Watford - A comfortable 4-0 win for the Foxes who against all the odds give themselves a chance of winning the league on the final day, although automatic promotion is still a big ask.

Cardiff vs. Bolton - MILLS HATTRICK!!!

Hull vs. Barnsley - Hull only draw with Barnsley denying them the three points they needed to secure a play-off spot, a boring 0-0 hampered by returning Matty Fryatt breaking his jaw within seconds of his return.

4th May

Leicester vs. Forest - Forest take an early lead and quickly build up a two goal lead by half time. Leicester's fight looks over as the minutes pass by, in the 80th minute they are awarded a penalty for a 'deliberate' handball from Forest's Billy Sharp when in actuality the ball simply rolled onto his hand while he was on the ground. The Forest keeper is booked for his complaints and Nugent steps up to convert for Leicester City. The Forest keeper then returns the ball to the centre circle and is for some unknown reason given a second yellow card and sent off. Leicester proceed to score two late goals through Wes Morgan to gain a 3-2 victory over their rivals.

Hull vs. Cardiff - With Cardiff leading through a Wittingham free-kick in the closing stages it looks for all the world like Cardiff will go up as Champions and Hull will gain the second automatic promotion place, as Leicester are still behind at Forest. However the Hull fans begin to sweat as news comes through of the insane comeback from Pearson's men. Jack Hobbs scores a late equaliser while Hull fans still believe Leicester are drawing, the final whistle goes and they invade the pitch only to find out what has happened in Nottingham, Hobbs goal does little for Hull, only securing Leicester the title.

Could happen. :blush:

We are in 3rd, 1 point behind 2nd place. Forest are 6th 1 point ahead of 7th place. 7th place are winning comfertable so Forest need to win to keep their playoff spot. 2nd place team are losing 1-0.

80th minute Forest score. Trent End go crazy "Last game and you F**CKED it up". Leicester fans silent. 85th minute NUGENT! 1-1! 2nd on GD! We go crazy lol "he scores when he wants, he scores when he waaaaants DAVID NUGENT he scores when he wants!"

Forest need a win now so attack..we just keep the ball..fans signing "we are going up we are going up!".

Suddenly news comes in, Hull/Boro/Palace(whoever is 2nd) equalise in the 88th minute and now we currently are 1 point behind again! HEARTBRAKE! Fans let the players know and suddenly we pile on the pressure, Pearson frantic on the sidelines as he throws on Dyer. 4 mins up on the board. We force a corner.

Corner comes in its headed out by forest but falls to Big Wes! Not Wes surely!? 2 forest plays desperatly dive in to block an inevitable winner, but Morgan reverses the ball brilliantly, the whole ground holds its breath as it falls 25 yards out to DYERRRRRRR!!!!! No final product dyer, he isnt is he!? he take aims and fires a bullet which emphatically SMASHES in off the underside of the bar and into the roof of the net!

Forest need a point to get into the play-offs, we need 3 to be sure of going up automatically, on the back of a great winning run which has edged us just a point in front of both Cardiff (having bottled it as usual) and Hull.

We're attacking our fans first half. Forest go 2-0 up with shitty deflected goals. Their fans are getting really cocky, giving it all the classics like you used to be English, we only hate Derby, all that money and you've won fvck all etc. The real high brow stuff.

Knockaert picks it up in his own half and after skinning lets say 25 red shirts (he skins every one of the Forest starting 11 at least twice because that's how he rolls) he curls it past whatever crappy goalkeeper they're going to have then. 2-1

Next Wood shins it in Claridge style. The away end absolutely erupts. 2-2

Schlupp, having broke into the team, beats 3 Forest players for pace on the left and crosses a pearler towards Nugent, who overhead kicks it Muzzy style into the top corner, right on the stroke of half time. 2-3. The concourse is absolutely buzzing as City fans fill up on more booze to prepare for inevitable victory.

We take the piss for most of the second half but with 5 minutes left Whitbread wins a header in our own box and so obviously he gets punished with a penalty. One of the fat blokes who plays for Forest scores it. 3-3.

They start getting cocky and bring out all the classics again. We're desperate and throw everyone forward.

Deep into stoppage time, Gally comes on as a sub. From the left he delivers a great cross....from open play. We pack the box and Westley Morgan rams it home with his massive bellend, right in front of the trent end which as usual, is deathly silent. He's mobbed by his teammates. 3-4.

At the final whistle, City fans clap politely and exit quickly in an orderly fashion ;)

Is it bad that i'm already getting excited at the thought of Premier League football!? Was even watching some highlights from the 03/04 season seeing the the KP full every game. Also seeing how we were ripped off by the refs, and there were only a few points in it if i remember correctly.

16th April 2013

Leicester vs. Bolton - Leicester City need three points to secure their position in the play-offs and keep automatic promotion hopes alive, a hard fought game looks like finishing 0-0 as neither side can find a goal. In the 60th minute Mark Davies gives Bolton the lead and all hope looks lost for the Foxes, however in the 78th minute a cross from Anthony Knockaert deflects off the head off Matt Mills and loops over his own goalkeeper to pull the Foxes level. It looks like neither side will manage victory until in the dying moments Matt Mills hacks down Leicester frontman David Nugent in the box, Mills is sent off and a last minute spot-kick is converted by Nugent himself giving the Foxes hope of automatic promotion.

Cardiff vs. Charlton - After the first 20 minutes Cardiff have a two goal lead that looks to have completely killed all hope of the Foxes finishing top of the league. However a brace from Michael Morrison pulls Charlton level and in the final moments of the match Charlton are awarded a dubious penalty that is chipped into the back of the net by striker Yann Kermorgant.

18th April

Bolton's appeal against Matt Mills' red card is successfull leaving him eligible for the rest of the season.

20th April

Crystal Palace vs. Leicester City - Leicester travel to Selhurst Park to take on Ian Holloway's Crystal Palace side, determined to beat the Foxes to keep their play-off hopes alive, the two clubs go into the closing stages level when finally in the 90th minute another late Leicester goal, this time coming off the shin of Chris Wood, dents Palace's promotion hopes and keeps the Foxes in the title race.

Burnley vs. Cardiff City - A Ben Mee brace helps Burnley to a pretty comfortable victory over Cardiff who look set to bottle it once again.

27th April

Leicester vs. Watford - A comfortable 4-0 win for the Foxes who against all the odds give themselves a chance of winning the league on the final day, although automatic promotion is still a big ask.

Cardiff vs. Bolton - MILLS HATTRICK!!!

Hull vs. Barnsley - Hull only draw with Barnsley denying them the three points they needed to secure a play-off spot, a boring 0-0 hampered by returning Matty Fryatt breaking his jaw within seconds of his return.

4th May

Leicester vs. Forest - Forest take an early lead and quickly build up a two goal lead by half time. Leicester's fight looks over as the minutes pass by, in the 80th minute they are awarded a penalty for a 'deliberate' handball from Forest's Billy Sharp when in actuality the ball simply rolled onto his hand while he was on the ground. The Forest keeper is booked for his complaints and Nugent steps up to convert for Leicester City. The Forest keeper then returns the ball to the centre circle and is for some unknown reason given a second yellow card and sent off. Leicester proceed to score two late goals through Wes Morgan to gain a 3-2 victory over their rivals.

Hull vs. Cardiff - With Cardiff leading through a Wittingham free-kick in the closing stages it looks for all the world like Cardiff will go up as Champions and Hull will gain the second automatic promotion place, as Leicester are still behind at Forest. However the Hull fans begin to sweat as news comes through of the insane comeback from Pearson's men. Jack Hobbs scores a late equaliser while Hull fans still believe Leicester are drawing, the final whistle goes and they invade the pitch only to find out what has happened in Nottingham, Hobbs goal does little for Hull, only securing Leicester the title.

Could happen. :blush:

Ha! Yes.

right, its my first topic on here. so err, hello.

basically i was thinking about what you reckon the best way for us to go up this season would be?

mine would be this....

last game of the season

forest away

need 3 points to sneak into the play-offs

early kick-off for 6th place team so we know what we need to do.

1-0 down at halftime.

70th minute wood get's one back.

90+4 Wes Morgan scores doing the shhh celebration to the forest fans who also had to get 3 points to get in the play-offs.

then we do a Liverpool

going down in the semi final 3-0 at half time

come back and win on penalty's....

then score a last minute winner at Wembley....

could you imagine that, we all can dream.

Nice rap.

Please dear God whatever happens let something kick off at the Forest game, I don't care what it is I just want something to blow up big time! Even if it's something sh*t like Wes getting sent off in the 1st minute and us clinging on to hard fought 4-4 (well, 1-1 would do I suppose :blush:) Anyway, not bothered what it is but something, anything needs to happen on May 4th in Nottingham that makes it the more than just a standard, last day of the season, pick up the trophy affair.

I personally am holding out for at least three goals, a red card for both teams and one for Pearson just for good measure. Me falling into the row in front in celebration - Something I've never done before! (I'm told it's rather fun) would also add to the experience! :D

Please dear God whatever happens let something kick off at the Forest game, I don't care what it is I just want something to blow up big time! Even if it's something sh*t like Wes getting sent off in the 1st minute and us clinging on to hard fought 4-4 (well, 1-1 would do I suppose :blush:) Anyway, not bothered what it is but something, anything needs to happen on May 4th in Nottingham that makes it the more than just a standard, last day of the season, pick up the trophy affair.

I personally am holding out for at least three goals, a red card for both teams and one for Pearson just for good measure. Me falling into the row in front in celebration - Something I've never done before! (I'm told it's rather fun) would also add to the experience! :D

Pffft. You've not lived until you've ended up a row, nay, several rows behind ;)

If anyone's got a story where they've ended up in a different stand after a celebration, I'd like to hear about it.

Pffft. You've not lived until you've ended up a row, nay, several rows behind ;)

If anyone's got a story where they've ended up in a different stand after a celebration, I'd like to hear about it.

I've fallen down before but only in my row. :/ I haven't ended up in any other rows yet which disappoints me, I feel as if I'm missing out. :(

But don't worry, already got it down on my "Things to do before I die" list. :thumbup:

I've fallen down before but only in my row. :/ I haven't ended up in any other rows yet which disappoints me, I feel as if I'm missing out. :(

But don't worry, already got it down on my "Things to do before I die" list. :thumbup:

Don't worry, if it happens it happens, it's one of those things in life you just can't plan for. Although getting really pissed helps your chances.

I fell over on my row once before, got my jeans caught in my seat and then whacked my head on the one in front. AND THEY TELL ME ALL SEATER STADIUMS ARE SAFE?!

We are 2nd in the league 3 points above forest in 3rd. They need to beat us by 3 clear goals to overtake us and take automatic. They go 3-0 up in the first 20 mins. Leicester get a corner in the 94th minute. Marshall dinks the corner to the edge of the box and big wes cracks in a Paul scholes style volley to break the trees hearts.

Ok it'd be crap losing but funny to let them get so close

Don't worry, if it happens it happens, it's one of those things in life you just can't plan for. Although getting really pissed helps your chances.

I fell over on my row once before, got my jeans caught in my seat and then whacked my head on the one in front. AND THEY TELL ME ALL SEATER STADIUMS ARE SAFE?!

lol lol lol

Indeed! I suppose the only bad thing about Safe Standing is that the glorious tradition of falling into the row in front will all but disappear. Think it's a price I'll be happy to pay though. ;)

Archived