Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Wellens - on his way out ?

Haha Wellens in League 2.

That would be quality, maybe Vardy can go with him.

Idiot!

Wellens has served us well over the years. every player takes a step backwards as they lose their edge. Show some respect. And Vardy is an excellent prospect.

Your comments are not clever or funny.

The same player that was voted player of the season under Sven?

Wellens was a class act more than he wasn't and although I understand fans can be fickle but I'm shocked that other players can't put a foot wrong but Wellens is public energy number 1

You never went Svens last few home games then , he was absolutely garbage , stood about in midfield gesturing at his team mates as the opposition

went straight by him like he werent there ....... that statement is laughable

You never went Svens last few home games then , he was absolutely garbage , stood about in midfield gesturing at his team mates as the opposition

Not sure if you have a prblem reading and understanding or whether your head is stuck up your ass but just because the guy got old and played a few poor games doesn't mean that he didn't play some great football for us in many many games. I said he WAS not that he IS. I want him sold too but I don't think you or any of the others are in order when you talk such shit about his career at Leicester. There were many times when he was out BEST player on the pitch.

I guess If Gordon Banks went in goal for us now he'd let a few in ;) but that doesn't mean he wasn't class - stil you're probably too young to even know who he is let alone have seen him play.

Towards the end of Sven's games, half of, if not, all the team were poor. You can't single one player out. Most players have had poor periods throughout their career.

Wellens has been a fantastic servant for the club and deserves more credit. We have moved on and due to greater financial backing we can attract some of the best young talent around ala Drinks, De Laet, Wood, Knocky, James. Wellens was a great signing at the time but the club has progressed. ve

I think if he hadn't been injured he would be making our bench and play a part in seeing out games against tough opposition.

Idiot!

Wellens has served us well over the years. every player takes a step backwards as they lose their edge. Show some respect. And Vardy is an excellent prospect.

Your comments are not clever or funny.

The same player that was voted player of the season under Sven?

Wellens was a class act more than he wasn't and although I understand fans can be fickle but I'm shocked that other players can't put a foot wrong but Wellens is public energy number 1

Maybe you mean 'public enemy number one'.

Anyway Wellens was never good and has got worse.

Maybe you mean 'public enemy number one'.

Anyway Wellens was never good and has got worse.

For a couple of seasons Wellens was one of the top midfielders in the Championship, and when he was linked to a

move to the Prem with Birmingham there was uproar on this forum.

For a couple of seasons Wellens was one of the top midfielders in the Championship, and when he was linked to a

move to the Prem with Birmingham there was uproar on this forum.

Beat me to it!

Funny how other players are bullet proof and have done little yet players like Wellens who have been class for us previously get slagged off when they have 4/5 bad games.

Wellens was one of the most important first players in helping us develop a more passing and possession based style when he first signed for us. If anyone actually remembers, we used to play SHIT football before 08-09 sort of time. Horrible. He was certainly a massive improvement on what came before, he was the first CM at this club for a few years that would get on the ball, take responsibility and make the team play. He was a class act

He's in decline now as he's no longer at his physical peak. And the standard of players at City has shot up. No shame in that for Richie, and we got some very good years out of him, and I cannot understand why people scapegoat him as I have never seen him bottle it on the pitch. Its a disgrace really and I would be disgusted if I was him..

Wellens was one of the most important first players in helping us develop a more passing and possession based style when he first signed for us. If anyone actually remembers, we used to play SHIT football before 08-09 sort of time. Horrible. He was certainly a massive improvement on what came before, he was the first CM at this club for a few years that would get on the ball, take responsibility and make the team play. He was a class act

He's in decline now as he's no longer at his physical peak. And the standard of players at City has shot up. No shame in that for Richie, and we got some very good years out of him, and I cannot understand why people scapegoat him as I have never seen him bottle it on the pitch. Its a disgrace really and I would be disgusted if I was him..

Great post. Well said.

I can't say I'll be sorry to see the back of him, I think he was a bad egg, a billy big Bollocks and now he has been found out.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out richie.

One of my mates spoke to Craig Shakespeare in the summer and claims that that's pretty much what he said. Said that Wellens created cliques and with him being injured the togetherness was a lot better this year.

Wellens was the problem under Sven , he didnt like the big money being handed out ......

He clearly wasnt giving 100% in any of the home defeats towards the end of Svens tenure ....

that was obvious to anyone who can read a game

For which i will never forgive him

Eerrrrrrrrrr !! ...well "not really" as me & a few others have been trying to point out over the last 18 nmonths or so ...on this forum !

I think he would be good enough for a mid-low table championship team, but as we are chasing promotion then I don't think he should be anywhere near the team or squad.

Wellens was the problem under Sven , he didnt like the big money being handed out ......

He clearly wasnt giving 100% in any of the home defeats towards the end of Svens tenure ....

that was obvious to anyone who can read a game

For which i will never forgive him

I do love how you blame one person when the whole team looked the same. You could see towards the end of Sven's time here, that nobody seemed to try, we didn't look like a team together, we didn't look determined.

Nigel hs reinstalled all of this in the squad, as I knew he would do.

His legs have gone and time has caught up with him.

It's happened to Wellens, it'll happen to every single player. It isn't their fault so they shouldn't be vilified for it, especially considering Wellens was one of our better players in the play-off season and arguably in the following season in fits and starts. He deserves more respect than he has received on this thread.

He's not at the requisite standard for a team aiming for promotion to the Premier League, and possibly not even the Championship as a whole, but he'd absolutely dominate League Two matches with his technical ability, passing and football brain. He won't fall that far.

I see him going to either a side at the lower end of the Championship or a promotion chasing League One side. They'll need deep pockets to afford his wages though.

Archived