Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Wellens - on his way out ?

Vital Football - Port Vale are reporting that PV are signing a Championship player. A couple of names have been mentioned - Wellens being one of them. Apparently, VF think it's unlikely, "because Wellens ruled himself out of a move to League 2 last week" - but they do think its possible. As Vale are likely to get promotion, I guess Richie might consider them - but in any event, it seems that he will be on his way somewhere in the January transfer window ?

Ipswich fans were less than impressed with him. I think his legs have gone and once that happens your career in the Champ is overthese days, I think he'll end up back at Doncaster for the remainder of the season but that is just my shout :)

Really? Because my best mate is an Ipswich fan and I know a few who were gutted when he left

Eerrrrrrrrrr !! ...well "not really" as me & a few others have been trying to point out over the last 18 nmonths or so ...on this forum !

Wellens is a class act. He's not good enough for us anymore as he slows the game down too much and his legs are going but he'd still probably get into most other teams in the league. When opposing players were describing him as the best midfielder in the league 12 months ago I think its a little idiotic to suggest that he's only League 2 standard.

Wellens is a class act. He's not good enough for us anymore as he slows the game down too much and his legs are going but he'd still probably get into most other teams in the league. When opposing players were describing him as the best midfielder in the league 12 months ago I think its a little idiotic to suggest that he's only League 2 standard.

And Robbie Savage sez he was good so he must be lol

He was completely useless under Sven , so was Gally , Mills & Beckford not to mention all that crap ap we just gave away ( whose names Im desperate to forget )

He will sign for whoever are worthy of his services.....in this case Port Vale

And Robbie Savage sez he was good so he must be lol

He was completely useless under Sven , so was Gally , Mills & Beckford not to mention all that crap ap we just gave away ( whose names Im desperate to forget )

He will sign for whoever are worthy of his services.....in this case Port Vale

Arguably they were useless last season, they certainly weren't for the entire span of Sven's reign.

Wellens dropping out of contention helped kick-start our improvement as I mentioned at the time. There's no doubt he'd got ability and was a committed footballer.

But he was hardly ever a goal threat, he slowed the team down with his preference for longer passes rather than quick one-twos and was defensively vulnerable in various situations.

His time out won't have helped and I expect him to fade out like many an old pro before him. He was an honest, skillful professional who gave decent service but he's past his sell-by date as far as City are concerned and I wouldn't see him as Championship standard in the future.

I think Ipswich fans likes the fact that Wellens was vocal in the media about the players having a bad attitude etc. Fact was I think Ipswich lost most if not all the games he played in during his loan spell and he was regularly accused of not tracking back to tackle etc and slowing down play.

Obviously everyone will have heard different things though so fairplay.

He was completely useless under Sven

The same player that was voted player of the season under Sven?

Wellens was a class act more than he wasn't and although I understand fans can be fickle but I'm shocked that other players can't put a foot wrong but Wellens is public energy number 1

The same player that was voted player of the season under Sven?

Wellens was a class act more than he wasn't and although I understand fans can be fickle but I'm shocked that other players can't put a foot wrong but Wellens is public energy number 1

lol I never really found him to be particualrly charismatic or have this energy you speak of... :ph34r:

Archived