Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Boro Player Ratings

I must be the only one who thought Konch was alright then. He was bombing forward at every opportunity but was probably a bit silly about it at times. One of those games where is was probably 6's and 7's all round with the exception of Kasper, Morgan and Nuge

Schmeichel 9 - Hero.

De Laet 6.5 - They got a lot of joy down his side, their best moves came from there. Looked a little off the pace. Some efficacy going forward.

Morgan 9 - Huge.

Keane 7 - A couple of iffy moments for me but obviously has a lot of class and played his part in keeping the sheet clean.

Konchesky 7 - Solid enough really, caught out a couple of times but for the most part controlled his flank and got forward effectively.

Marshall 6.5 - Half asleep far too often, what has happened to him? Some neat moments though, showcased a range of passing and his two footed nature, but his performance just had a certain... dozy quality.

Drinkwater 7.5 - Outnumbered in midfield but never stops moving, always looking for the ball, and it's so valuable for us.

James 7 - Not as effective as he has been in recent games but tidy in midfield. One or two great long range passes. Don't let it be underestimated how much running our boys had to do in the middle of the park against a high quality side with a numerical advantage.

Knockaert 6.5 - Started brightly but faded, did not adequately cover his full back for me.

Nugent 9 - Never stopped running, great link up play, unlucky with his offsides and what a glorious, instinctive finish for his goal.

Wood 7.5 - Up against a solid back four who were able to match him for much of the game but still had some great moments, not least his neat assist.

Subs: Dyer's decision making was shocking. King was very, very tidy when he came on, really kept things together, great player to bring on in that situation. Vardy had a day to forget really didn't he?

King can have a 7 actually, I thought he absolutely nailed his role when he came on.

Kasper 9 - Fantastic penalty save. Confident performance.

RDL 6 - Steady.

Konch 6 - Did enough.

Morgan 9 - Absolutely colossal. Best centre back in the league.

Keane 7 - Decent performance against tricky opponents.

Knockaert 7 - looked dangerous. Unlucky to not score.

Marshall 7 - Thought he played well, certainly a better starting option than Dyer.

Drinkwater 7 - Seemed a bit over ran at times but battled well.

James 7 - Did the nitty gritty well. His performance will be overlooked but he did a good job.

Nuge 9 - Fantastic all round performance and what a fantastic finish.

Wood 8 - If he's not scoring, he's working hard for the team and setting goals up. Unlucky not to score.

Agree

A Clerkship Scheme 10 - Because I love him

Ethical Dieter 8 - I think he's an unsung hero

Norm Wages 9 - Some legendary blocks. He just gets better and better

A Leek Machine 8 - Played very well, though did lose out in the air a lot

Holy Punk Cakes 7 - Good second half but a slightly dodgy first

Honey Knock Tartan 7 - Some good work

Randy Knit Warden 7 - Overall good but failed to dominate midfield

Taste My Jam 8 - He seems to be improving every game

Hell's Barman 7 - Some good work

Dung Deviant 8 - Hero

Disco Whor 7 - Some excellent hold-up play.

Oddly Rely 7 - Pace was useful

Yank Ding 7 - Did quite well after coming on

Ride My Java 4 - Oh dear

Surprised Knoch is getting criticism.

He played well at the back against a decent attack and going forward he is a gem.

Intelligence linked with great crosses.

I thought Morgan, Keane and Nuge had great games but Konch was even better.

Schmeichel 9 - Hero.

De Laet 6.5 - They got a lot of joy down his side, their best moves came from there. Looked a little off the pace. Some efficacy going forward.

Morgan 9 - Huge.

Keane 7 - A couple of iffy moments for me but obviously has a lot of class and played his part in keeping the sheet clean.

Konchesky 7 - Solid enough really, caught out a couple of times but for the most part controlled his flank and got forward effectively.

Marshall 6.5 - Half asleep far too often, what has happened to him? Some neat moments though, showcased a range of passing and his two footed nature, but his performance just had a certain... dozy quality.

Drinkwater 7.5 - Outnumbered in midfield but never stops moving, always looking for the ball, and it's so valuable for us.

James 7 - Not as effective as he has been in recent games but tidy in midfield. One or two great long range passes. Don't let it be underestimated how much running our boys had to do in the middle of the park against a high quality side with a numerical advantage.

Knockaert 6.5 - Started brightly but faded, did not adequately cover his full back for me.

Nugent 9 - Never stopped running, great link up play, unlucky with his offsides and what a glorious, instinctive finish for his goal.

Wood 7.5 - Up against a solid back four who were able to match him for much of the game but still had some great moments, not least his neat assist.

Subs: Dyer's decision making was shocking. King was very, very tidy when he came on, really kept things together, great player to bring on in that situation. Vardy had a day to forget really didn't he?

King can have a 7 actually, I thought he absolutely nailed his role when he came on.

Just thawed out.....

Agree with vast majority of above apart from Marshall who was very poor in the final third and produced no end product .however he worked very hard and made a couple of vital challenges in our own box so a rating of about 6 is right. Thought James and Drinkwater were excellent as they were vastly outnumbered at times but kept their shape well and their work rate was top drawer.

Konch was iffy at times and think Jeff deserves a run out at Huddersfield but doubt he'll get one.

The delight on everyone's faces when kasper saved the pen was well worth the 3 hour journey

Schmeichel 9 - Superb penalty save and a couple of decent saves before that too. Kicking a bit iffy but dealt well with crosses as well.

De Laet 7 - Thought he had a fairly steady game, if unspectacular.

Morgan 9 - Outstanding. Best signing for years. Got in the way of absolutely everything second half.

Keane 6 - Thought he was the weak link at the back, got caught out by their movement too often.

Konchesky 7 - Few silly fouls and over-committed at time but a good game.

Marshall 7 Generally thought he did well until the final third, where he was too greedy. Needs a goal. Was tempted to deduct a point for his awful barnet.

Drinkwater 7 Very tidy with the ball. Have to say we were overrun by their midfield though.

James 7 Bit quiet compared to the last couple of games. Again, struggled with the movement of their midfield as they waltzed through the middle of us too easily.

Knockaert 7.5 So unlucky to hit both bar and post. Thought he was unlucky to get subbed before Marshall, was looking confident and threatening.

Wood 6 Very poor all round save a couple of decent link ups with Nugent. Should have scored with his header.

Nugent 9 Finally came out of Chris Wood's shadow. Brilliant work rate and exceptional finish. Also good to see him finish both chances that were eventually disallowed.

Dyer 6 Pace provided a good outlet but his decision making and execution was terrible.

King 7 Gave us an extra body in midfield which was much needed. Some lovely runs forward.

Vardy 5 Bit of a horror show. Kasper got him out of jail big time.

Kasper 8 apart from penalty didn't do a lot

De laet 7

Morgan 7

Keane 7

Konch 8 some good crosses

Knocky 7 needs to pass the ball more

DD 7

James 7

Marshall 7did him and vardy use the same barber

Nuge 9 works hard when you need him most great goal

Wood 7 links up well with nuge

Dyer 6

Vardy 5 would have been 6 but gave the penalty away

Kasper 9- didn't really have a lot to do but wow what a save at the end

De Laet 7- did ok

Keane 8- a couple of shaky moments but he is going to benefit loads playing alongside wes and he already looks like our 2nd best CB. Swap for Schlupp?

Morgan 9.5- MOTM for me, just superb! His positional nouse and desire to win the ball makes him the best defender in this league imo

Konchesky 7.5- let's the ball bounce in front of him sometimes and nearly let's people in behin him but mainly he played well. Great first time cross for wood when he hit the post

Marshall 7- didn't really look up for it last night but still looked a bit of a threat. Needs to get his head up a bit more and like at his options. Decent deliveries from corners.

James ?- not saying this to be negative but I struggled to notice what him and DD did. I'm sure they did useful things but would be pointless me rating him just for the sake of it.

Drinky ?- see James

Knocky 7- see Marshall

Wood 8.5- exactly what we've been missing! His hold up play is a joy and the partnership he is forming with Nuge will be the difference of promotion or not imo. The assist for Nuge was quality. Should've scored at least once but can forgive him for that

Nuge 9- love this guy! Always playing with a smile and his face and he caused Boro all sorts of problems. If he had just checked his runs a little he could've easily had a hat trick.

Dyer 6- his pace was ridiculous when he came on. He was giving the Boro players at least 5 yards on him and still beating them lol end delivery should've been better

King 6.5- looked good when he came on

Vardy 5- you lucky boy, think he owes Kasper a drink

Nige 10 :P

Ed Mowe 10 :)

Why are people saying Wood looked poor? He probably should have scored, but his hold up play was immense and he always looked threatening. It was telling that we still looked threatening, even when Nugent and Wood were outnumbered 2 to 1.

If Waghorn had put in that performance, people would give him an 11.

Why are people saying Wood looked poor? He probably should have scored, but his hold up play was immense and he always looked threatening. It was telling that we still looked threatening, even when Nugent and Wood were outnumbered 2 to 1.

loved it when they had 5 defenders surrounding wood and nugent and they managed to keep it and win a corner

He spent most of the game in Andre Bikey's back pocket I'm afraid.

I think we said that Wood was destined to be slated by someone the first time he didn't score a goal.

He was involved in a brilliant tussle last night, but still forced a good save from their keeper, headed against the post when closely marked (had he scored it would have been a superb effort, the likes of which we haven't seen too many in recent times), set up a goal and frequently linked-up well with Nugent.

The benefit of not going to a game is that you tend to listen to what TV and newspaper commentators have to say on the match. When I go (and last night I simply couldn't) I sit back on my own opinion. In this instance, however, it's worth noting the number of pundits whose bowels were rupturing at Wood's contribution.

He got himself involved in a good battle with a capable man-marker, but on balance came out on top. We'd wondered at how effective he might be against higher quality opposition and, for all but the most demanding (or deluded) of fans, we got the answer we were looking for.

Thought they all played well apart from james and drinkwater.

Schmeichel 8 great save for peno

De laet 7 played ok

Konchesky 8 done well and got forward well.

Morgan 9 immense tackling and reading of the game is a1.

Keane 7 done ok

James 5 was played off the pitch.

Drinkwater 5 same as above and passing was poor when he had it.

Knockeart 7 done a good job and unlucky with shot.

Marshall 7 good job but frustrating at times.

Wood 8 battled hard and unlucky not to have a couple of goals.

Nugent 9 never stopped running.looks good with wood.

Subs

Dyer 7

King 7

Vardy 5 nervy performance

He spent most of the game in Andre Bikey's back pocket I'm afraid.

If that header had been a few cms further over and gone in would you have had the same opinion?

If that header had been a few cms further over and gone in would you have had the same opinion?

He should have scored the header anyway in my opinion. Having won the header, being that close to goal I'd expect the striker to score. Bikey was more than a match for Wood last night as an aerial threat and in terms of strength. Just thought Wood was generally very clumsy with the ball, and was nowhere near at his best.

Wood hit the post once, did a good cross for Keane when he hit the bar, and a few nice lay offs to supporting players.

However apart from that I think he struggled, he struggled to get into the game and nothing much paid off for him, he didn't hold the ball up as well as he did in his first three games, and Bikey did very well against him.

Archived