Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Boro Player Ratings

Kasper 10 - Peno save in injury time. Nuff said.

RDL 6 - No energy from him which is unusual.

Wes 10 - Such a big bastard

Keane 7 - Done it against a decent team

Konch 6 - Read the game well but same as RDL. No real energy

Marshall 7 - Played well. Finishing was poor but that'll come

DD 7 - Outnumbered but fought hard and disnt give up

James 7 - See DD

Knocky 8 - Unlucky with a couple of efforts. Started to look ineffective so rightly subbed

Wood 8 - Unlucky not to score. Great battle with Bikey. Not one if our other strikers could have done that

Nuge 10 - Nothing needs saying

Subs:-

Dyer 5 - Errrrm

King 6 - Looked good

Vardy 5 - Errrrm

Schmeichel 9 - God, what a save, good catching and demanding his box as well

De Laet 6 - Average performance, got beat a few times

Morgan 10 - Absolutely incredible performance, what a beast

Keane 7 - Another comfortable performance

Konchesky 7 - Read the game well in parts, fought hard

Knockaert 7 - Few good bursts here and there, tried to make things happen

James 7 - Worked hard, better second half

Drinkwater 6 - Hit and miss tonight, dominated in parts, controlled in others

Marshall 7 - Best performance for a while, but his quality in the final third lacked

Nugent 8 - Fantastic goal, worked tirelessly great performance

Wood 6 - Poor tonight in my opinion, nothing went for him, but one link one led to that all important goal

Subs

Dyer 5 - Meh

King 6 - Did his job well

Vardy -1 - Gave away free kicks, then the penalty :nono:

Marshall 7 - Best performance for a while, but his quality in the final third lacked

Wood 6 - Poor tonight in my opinion, nothing went for him, but one link one led to that all important goal

Subs

Dyer 5 - Meh

This but would have given konch a 5/6, I felt he was poor, commits himself far to much and doesn't have the legs to make up for it.

Kasper 9 - Dominant in his area, so good and confident when faced with a penalty

RDL- 6- Didn't get forward like he usually does, did his job though

Morgan - 8. Solid as usual.

Keane-7 - Looking like we're going to have him for the season. Top stuff!

Konch - 5. Poor tonight I though. Impatient at times.

Marshall - 7. A really important header late on, improved 2nd half. Needs to sort the barnet out

Drinkwater - 6. Got overran a bit tonight

James - 8. Strong, important interceptions. Impressive

Knockaert - 7. Good first half, tired second.

Wood -6.5. Good link up play with Nuge

Nugent -9. MOM for me. Worked hard, showed finesse with the goal. Pleased for him.

Only negative for me was how we sat back too deep final 10 mins and invited pressure on ourselves. We've beaten a good side tonight though. Pleased

from TV

Kasper 7

RDL 6

Wes 8

Keane7

Konch 6

Knocky 8

James 7

Drinks 6

Marshall 5 (what has happened to him this season?)

Nugent 7

Wood 6

Dyer 6

King n/a

Vardy n/a (stay on your feet dumbass)

Thought Marshall played well tonight .

Also Nugent and Wood looked a formidable partnership.

Schmeichel 9 - his best performance all round this season. Dealt confidently with all corners and some top saves.

De Laet 7 - solid and played his part in a 5th clean sheet in 6

Morgan 9.5 - Collossal. Tank.

Keane 8 - solid. Excellent positionally.

Konchesky 5 - our weakest link by a long way, terrible performance

Knockaert 7 - started very well but faded

James 7- industrious

Drinkwater 7- industrious

Marshall 7 - also started brightly... why is he receiving flack? He had to cover for Konch all game! Improving and his overall work play and defensive side is excellent for a winger.

Wood 7 - Rather quiet and I thought Bikey matched him for size and strength.

Nugent 8 - Best he has played for a while, led the line well and capitalised on the space created by Wood being tightly marked.

Schmicheal - 10..The penalty save was outstanding as well as the corner first half from close range(thought it was in). Also punched a few corners away and caught some important balls. Brilliant.

De Laet - 5.. Very average, got caught out a few times. Way below his best.

Morgan - 10.. The guy is outstanding and today he showed why.

Keane - 8.. Reads the game very well I think, won some important headers.

Konchesky - 6.. Did some decent work but most of the time caught out and looked a liability.

James - 6..Not great, partly because of being outnumbered..however he battled on and done some good passes.

DD - 5..Way below his best. Barely got his foot on the ball.

Knocky - 6..Hit and miss. Doesnt track back at times and looks a little lazy. Should of squared to wood twice as well althought the 1st was awfully unlucky to smash the crossbar.

Marshall - 7.. Suprised the low score for Marshall. I thought he was better today kept the ball in tight areas well and looked dangerous. 1 bad error with that sliced shot he should of hit the left foot.

Wood - 7.. First time seen him live today and although he clearly wasnt at his best, he did show decent hold up play and an assist with Nugent. Bit unlucky not to score header against post. 1 thing he coud of done better was be a bit stronger though, thought he should of thrown his weight about a bit more.

Nugent - 10..Outstanding. Worked tirelessly, consitent threat. 2 great finishes for the dissalowed goal. Showed good vision and strength to hold the ball/link with Wood. Was a 9 even before the goal IMO but when he finishes a world class finish like that its a 10 flat out without a doubt, even more so that it was the winner. Well done David.

Subs:

Dyer 5..Showed a bit of pace but a really poor pass could have cost us.

King 5..Didnt do much but made a few good runs and 1 importantly interception.

Vardy 1..Scuffed a shot he should have squared to Dyer then nearly cost us 2 points. Poor.

Kasper - 9. Good overall performance before late heroics won us the game.

RDL - 6.5. Has played better but looked fairly comfortable

Morgan - 9. The best Centre Back in the league I'm sure of it. So clever and such execution.

Keane - 7. Looked comfortable enough against a very good side

Konch - 6. Looked his age and has played far better, his experience saw him through tonight.

Knockaert - 7. Looked lively first half, great effort to hit the frame. Room for improvement though!

Drinkwater - 6.5. Worked hard against greater numbers in the middle, looked decent on the attack.

James - 6. Didn't do much but looked comfortable against greater numbers.

Marshall - 7.5. Worked hard and looked dangerous at times. Corners were decent. Think I prefer him on the left.

Nugent - 9. Linked up well with Wood and took a superb goal from a half-chance when another goalless match might have seen him get frustrated. Hope he builds on it.

Wood - 8. Looked dangerous again, very nice assist. Link-up play was great, but will feel he probably should have scored.

Subs : Dyer 6, King 6.5, Vardy 5

Kasper 9 - Some good saves, including the penalty.

De Laet 6

Morgan 8

Keane 8

Konchesky 6

Marshall 6 - Still doesn't look the same player as he was. Made the wrong choices a couple of times. But we move on.

Drinkwater 7

James 7

Knockaert 8 - A threat.

Wood 8 - Does everything a target man should, and was unlucky not to score.

Nugent 8 - Excellent finish.

Kasper 9 - Fantastic penalty save. Confident performance.

RDL 6 - Steady.

Konch 6 - Did enough.

Morgan 9 - Absolutely colossal. Best centre back in the league.

Keane 7 - Decent performance against tricky opponents.

Knockaert 7 - looked dangerous. Unlucky to not score.

Marshall 7 - Thought he played well, certainly a better starting option than Dyer.

Drinkwater 7 - Seemed a bit over ran at times but battled well.

James 7 - Did the nitty gritty well. His performance will be overlooked but he did a good job.

Nuge 9 - Fantastic all round performance and what a fantastic finish.

Wood 8 - If he's not scoring, he's working hard for the team and setting goals up. Unlucky not to score.

Hard to give ratings based on the conditions etc, although Wes and Kasper were terrific. Keane really solid too, him and Morgan are practically built in the same mould in terms of playing style, it's nice to have two centre halves look to build from the back.

Marshall didn't cope well for me, neither did Drinkwater - both had patches but didn't seem at it. As said though, harsh to criticise given the nature of the game, just happy braving the chill was worth it.

Subs

Dyer 5 - Meh

I'm afraid I have to disagree with this.

Konchesky had a very poor first half; in fact over the whole game his crossing was decent but his short range passing, positional sense and tendency to give away free kicks in dangerous areas made him a liability.

Keane had a decent second half, save for a handball after failing to control the ball in a crucial area. In the first half though, save for the header, he lost his man on several occasions and had to be rescued by Wes.

Yes, Knockaert, James and Drinkwater all worked hard. Knockaert's movement off the ball was vital (we looked static after he went off), so I can forgive him the single-mindedness which cost us an opening goal in the first half. The other two, though, were never in the game. Drinkwater especially always went backwards, even when there were options available in front of him. He was half-hearted in the challenge and seemed very very off colour today.

As for it being Marshall's best game for a while... people have said that every game for the past four or five games now! Can't we just accept that he's playing well?! My complaint would be his set pieces, which were unusually poor today. Not everything worked for him but he showed plenty of energy and defended well at times too.

Wood poor? You must have watched a totally different game to me tonight. He held the ball up, set up a goal, hit the post, hassled defenders and has clearly developed a stunning understanding with Nugent already (and one which won us the game).

Dyer - meh? Okay, so he screwed up a decent chance which led to a Boro attack, but I thought his pace scared the life out of their defence for a spell. He won us a couple of corners when we were under pressure and looked our most dangerous player on the counter attack in the closing minutes.

Vardy, sadly, I can't defend.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with this.

Konchesky had a very poor first half; in fact over the whole game his crossing was decent but his short range passing, positional sense and tendency to give away free kicks in dangerous areas made him a liability.

Keane had a decent second half, save for a handball after failing to control the ball in a crucial area. In the first half though, save for the header, he lost his man on several occasions and had to be rescued by Wes.

Yes, Knockaert, James and Drinkwater all worked hard. Knockaert's movement off the ball was vital (we looked static after he went off), so I can forgive him the single-mindedness which cost us an opening goal in the first half. The other two, though, were never in the game. Drinkwater especially always went backwards, even when there were options available in front of him. He was half-hearted in the challenge and seemed very very off colour today.

As for it being Marshall's best game for a while... people have said that every game for the past four or five games now! Can't we just accept that he's playing well?! My complaint would be his set pieces, which were unusually poor today. Not everything worked for him but he showed plenty of energy and defended well at times too.

Wood poor? You must have watched a totally different game to me tonight. He held the ball up, set up a goal, hit the post, hassled defenders and has clearly developed a stunning understanding with Nugent already (and one which won us the game).

Dyer - meh? Okay, so he screwed up a decent chance which led to a Boro attack, but I thought his pace scared the life out of their defence for a spell. He won us a couple of corners when we were under pressure and looked our most dangerous player on the counter attack in the closing minutes.

Vardy, sadly, I can't defend.

I braved the weather and went to the match, so that's my thoughts.

I have seen Konchesky play worse, and I have seen Konchesky play better, he got a 7, because he fought hard at the end, and won the ball quite often in vital areas.

Keane didn't do too bad, Jutkiewicz gave him a difficult time but at least he stood up to the challenge and didn't do anything stupid, decent display

If I think Marshall has played poor I say so, and I think he has for months, but tonight in all honesty he was much better than I have seen him in previous months, yes he wasn't great especially with his final delivery; however I liked how he worked in and around the field, and got forward well and went on some mazy runs, we haven't seen that from him for a while.

Wood didn't cut it for me tonight, I thought he struggled to get into the game, I thought Bikey did extremely well against him, and close him out at every given opportunity. Meanwhile Dyer I am not insulting his performance by using MEH, I just thought he was ok when he came on, nothing special, nothing bad, just mediocre.

Well done for making it. I'm overseas during term-time so Friday nights (and most Saturdays) are out of the question until it's school hols. But I've braved inclement weather to see City in the past, back when your feet nestled in semi-frozen water at the front of the Double Decker, so I like to think I'd have hacked it. Mind you, atmosphere wasn't too shameful, was it?

Schmeichel 9 - Always fancy him to save a pen, great stretch to keep it out.

RDL 6 - Did alright, felt the cold and stayed at home in defence for most of the night.

Morgan 9 - Beast, won so much and has a surprising amount of pace.

Keane 7 - Not as great tonight but still solid.

Konchesky 5 - Pretty woeful, got spun too many times and made unnecessary fouls.

Marshall 6 - Played well first half, faded. Horrific haircut.

Drinkwater 7 - Battled well and kept the ball unlike his teammates.

James 6 - Similar to Danny, but a bit more quiet.

Knockaert 7 - Always looks a threat, not quite as good a touch in tricky conditions.

Nugent 9 MOTM - Had the ball in the net three times and worked so hard all night. Great instinctive finish for his goal.

Wood 7 - Lay offs and holds ups not as good tonight, had a hard battle with Bikey. Nice assist for Nuge's goal though and they look to be striking up a great partnership.

Dyer 5 - Didn't do much when he came on.

King 5 - Likewise

Vardy 1 - Ridiculous tackle that could and should have led to us dropping points.

Schmeichel 9 - Left before the penalty save to catch my train (PAP) but that won us the game.

De Laet 6 - Caught out of position a number of times but was otherwise sound and offers a useful threat on the counter.

Morgan 9 - Immense.

Keane 7.5 - Composed on the ball.

Konchesky 7 - Thought he did ok. One great cross for Wood when he hit the post.

Knockaert 7.5 - So dangerous. Thought he used the ball far more sensibly today than he has done in other games.

Drinkwater 5.5 - Completely overrun by the Boro midfield. At times they had 4 central though, so that's hardly surprising.

James 5.5 - See Drinkwater.

Marshall 6 - Massive mixed bag. A couple of good crosses but some utterly brainless play as well. Loses 0.5 for that haircut.

Nugent 9 - Worked his socks off, defending from the front. Constantly worked the goalkeeper and took up intelligent positions.

Wood 7 - Occasionally looked clumsy and ought to have scored with his header that struck the post. But he's struck up an excellent partnership with Nugent.

Also thought King looked very sharp when he came on.

Archived