Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Priorities

Do we go all out in the Cup at Huddersfield? Or do we rest players considering every league game is becoming more and more important?

Or a bit of both?

Bear in mind if we beat draw at Huddersfield, our league match against Cardiff will be moved again for the replay.

The Cardiff game will be moved if we draw against Huddersfield.

Go all out to beat them, keep the winning run going for me.

Fixed.

A cup run is always nice, but definitely don't want a replay, and I'll wager Hudders don't either after their last trip to the East Midlands ;)

I'm not sure, seen a few clubs fail to get promotion when they have had a cup run. My big concern is that all extra minutes on the pitch for cup games will mean more opportunities for tiredness and injuries with a small squad having a knock-on affect for the promotion push which to me is everything. Our strength is in a high tempo, pressing football, don't see how we can be at our strongest for the league when we've been slogging away in the cup as well. I acknowledge the morale boost of a cup run but I prefer to have that when we're low to mid table rather than gunning for the autos.

Use the squad in the cup, bringing in the likes of King Waggy Dyer and Moore are not going to weaken the team much, and give players that need it a rest a break and the fringe players a chance to remind them that their places aren't guaranteed.

Chance to use the squad players. Waggy, Vardy, dyer, king, Moore etc

Use the squad in the cup, bringing in the likes of King Waggy Dyer and Moore are not going to weaken the team much, and give players that need it a rest a break and the fringe players a chance to remind them that their places aren't guaranteed.

snap lol

I'd rest Knocky (picking up niggles) and Nuge DD and De Laet as they've played a lot of footy. Waggy needs a game. Possibly true of King too. Couldn't care less about cups and what stage we get knocked out at. All eyes on the prize.

Agree, we have enough squad depth to put out sides in the cup with quality.

Waghorn, Dyer, King etc are more than good enough for most in this division but aren't getting the game time.

Kasper

Moore

Keane

Morgan

Schlupp (if around)

Marshall

King

James

Dyer

Wood

Waghorn

That sort of thing. No drastic changes

EDIT: (Although on second thoughts Knocky seems to do alright against Hudders!)

This. Good team, hardly weaker tbh. De Laet, Konch, Nuge, DD and Knocky all rested yet still a really strong team.

Shame SS aint back because Morgan is the only guy of this team above who could need a rest. I think because its the 31st until our next game its actually not great to rest them because atm were in the swing and with a near 2 week break they could go a little off the pace with a lay off. Could work both ways.

Archived