Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Club statement re the Middlesboro game

Dont waste your energy with him. You could tell from his first post in this thread thats hes nothing more than a selfish little child. No doubt mummy and daddy pay for his match tickets so losing money wouldnt matter anyway.

Whilst I agree, his post is a little over the top, do we always have to resort to your kind of response?

Dont waste your energy with him. You could tell from his first post in this thread thats hes nothing more than a selfish little child. No doubt mummy and daddy pay for his match tickets so losing money wouldnt matter anyway.

yes ofcourse... least some made the effort to go to a game which everyone knew was on! if they had been saying yes its on then maybe its not then fair enough but they said it was on so...

Whilst I agree, his post is a little over the top, do we always have to resort to your kind of response?

i just think now fans have got what theu wanted, something to kind of make up for them not being there then why is everyone still moaning like this Larry saying the club wouldnt survive without us

i just think now fans have got what theu wanted, something to kind of make up for them not being there then why is everyone still moaning like this Larry saying the club wouldnt survive without us

Surely you arent this stupid? They couldnt survive at this level without fans. There would be no point in playing if no-one supported the club. No-one would bother sponsoring/advertising and there would be no ticket money. If you get offended by people moaning in this thread, sod off!

Surely you arent this stupid? They couldnt survive at this level without fans. There would be no point in playing if no-one supported the club. No-one would bother sponsoring/advertising and there would be no ticket money. If you get offended by people moaning in this thread, sod off!

on that part i agree but having said that how many fans will stop supporting us because they couldnt make the game? its not the clubs fault anf they have done someghing to make up for the weather

on that part i agree but having said that how many fans will stop supporting us because they couldnt make the game? its not the clubs fault anf they have done someghing to make up for the weather

Where did I say that? No-one will stop supporting us because of that match. You said they the club would survive without fans which it wouldnt. The point I was making is that the club should show the fans more respect. Over 15000 fans couldnt get to that match, having bought a ticket. The club were keen on keeping the money and playing regardless. Thats not right. Atleast they have finally offered some sort of minimal compensation to the fans they screwed over though.

Where did I say that? No-one will stop supporting us because of that match. You said they the club would survive without fans which it wouldnt. The point I was making is that the club should show the fans more respect. Over 15000 fans couldnt get to that match, having bought a ticket. The club were keen on keeping the money and playing regardless. Thats not right. Atleast they have finally offered some sort of minimal compensation to the fans they screwed over though.

I'm sorry Larry but you're going over the top by saying the club screwed people over. Are you suggesting that Susan Whelan was sitting in her office watching the snow fall thinking, 'if we get this game on, only 8,000 will show up so we'll pocket the difference. Mwahahahaha!!' Of course not. The only reason there's so much complaint is because so many didnt show up. If you'd have done a poll on here at 5pm on the Friday on whether or not the crowd would be below 10,000, I doubt very much whether there would have been a majority in the yes category. If they knew only 8,500 would show up, they would have cancelled it.

feel free to explain

Just because you got there and others didn't doesn't mean they didn't make an effort, how bloody ignorant are you!!!

You think 12/15 thousand just couldn't be arsed. If they were that lazy they wouldn't have bought a ticket for a game on tv! In the first place

Many couldn't physically get there, others it was not safe to do so. It's nothing to do with not making a sodding effort so grow up

I'm sorry Larry but you're going over the top by saying the club screwed people over. Are you suggesting that Susan Whelan was sitting in her office watching the snow fall thinking, 'if we get this game on, only 8,000 will show up so we'll pocket the difference. Mwahahahaha!!' Of course not. The only reason there's so much complaint is because so many didnt show up. If you'd have done a poll on here at 5pm on the Friday on whether or not the crowd would be below 10,000, I doubt very much whether there would have been a majority in the yes category. If they knew only 8,500 would show up, they would have cancelled it.

Arrrrgh a poll at 5pm... Just to think i'd been on the bus two hours and moved 20 ft at that point. And rush hour hadn't even started!!!

Whoever wants a full refund grow up...its not the clubs fault you didnt make it, its yours. 8000 other fans made it, i did coming from near stoke, roads wernt as bad as everyone are making out...move on theyv done something to try to make fans abit happier which they didnt have to do, everyone now needa to stop moaning and look forward to Huddlesfield

Now you see, they were bad.

Coalville was atrocious. No other word to describe it. It was bumper to bumper directly off Junction 22 all the way in to Coalville (and in the opposite direction)

I'm not backtracking what I've said, I believe there would've been fans who could've walked (not drive it WAS impossible) but looked out the window and presumed the game would be off.We're not talking thousands of fans I'm sure-most would've been travelling by car, but the figure could've been slightly better.

As has been said, the club couldn't win (off the pitch lol) I would have been fuming had they called it off after the effort and money spent in getting there and back

Whoever wants a full refund grow up...its not the clubs fault you didnt make it, its yours. 8000 other fans made it, i did coming from near stoke, roads wernt as bad as everyone are making out...move on theyv done something to try to make fans abit happier which they didnt have to do, everyone now needa to stop moaning and look forward to Huddlesfield

this. Draw a line under it. Its gone. Onwards and upwards (1 place hopefully!)

Arrrrgh a poll at 5pm... Just to think i'd been on the bus two hours and moved 20 ft at that point. And rush hour hadn't even started!!!

Though someone as clever as you would have got off im a thick roofer and even I wouldnt sit on a bus that long going nowhere .And to be honest 12,000 or is it now 15,000 people would not have stayed away had it not been on TV .I dont believe for 1 min that a large amount even tried im sure a lot did but 100% of them did not try .

You're missing the point. Forget the poll. On the way home on the bus, did you honestly think the attendance would be below 10,000?

Sorry can you just highlight the point where i said exactly the club could still survive? ofcoursr they couldnt but as someone said no one had any idea the attendance would be that poor, i arrived and still thought many more would like i said i personally didnt think tje roads were that bad but someone pointed out theu were so fair enough but i dont see why it is the clubs fault hardly anyone made it? its not it was a natural cause so everyone ahould be glad we got the 3 points in automatic place and look forward for going through the cup ( if the weathers ok...)

You're missing the point. Forget the poll. On the way home on the bus, did you honestly think the attendance would be below 10,000?

exactly nobody did

i drove from market harborough, usually it takes me 45 mins to drive, park & take a gentle stroll to the stadium

it took me 90 mins to do all that on friday, for me personally thankfully more didnt go because despite the 15 minute delay and the time i claimed my pie & pint i missed the 1st 5 minutes

lets face it in hindsight after everything that happened would anyone want the game to have turned out any other way?

i drove from market harborough, usually it takes me 45 mins to drive, park & take a gentle stroll to the stadium

it took me 90 mins to do all that on friday, for me personally thankfully more didnt go because despite the 15 minute delay and the time i claimed my pie & pint i missed the 1st 5 minutes

lets face it in hindsight after everything that happened would anyone want the game to have turned out any other way?

Just a few who never got their Pie

Though someone as clever as you would have got off im a thick roofer and even I wouldnt sit on a bus that long going nowhere .And to be honest 12,000 or is it now 15,000 people would not have stayed away had it not been on TV .I dont believe for 1 min that a large amount even tried im sure a lot did but 100% of them did not try .

No you are right I should have got off in Thurmaston and walked to Wigston and then walked to the ground.

I never said 100% tried did I. It's you lot that keep saying anyone who didn't get there didn't actually try!!!

You just don't get it do you? Stop being such a sanctimonious **** because you made it down! For footballing reasons the game going ahead was correct, unquestionably! For duty of care, consideration and logistical reasons it was a very poor decision, and the attendance clearly proves that! I am a season ticket holder and with seat exchange I get another ticket though I'd much rather have been at the ground so no consolation really. Those buying the ticket offer will rightly be discusted at the insulting, clueless and derisory offer.I think move on to football too and can't wait for Huddersfield and Wolves but I do fear the Club have made a massive mistake with the post Boro' PR debacle.

Just listen to the one with the literary skills of a seven year old telling others to grow up. :giggle:

Archived