Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Club statement re the Middlesboro game

I think it's pretty fair tbh.. What they are saying Is that they did all they could do to get the game on and the relavent authorities agreed it was enough which it clearly was, with the state of the pitch. It wasn't their call to make on calling It off after that and let's be honest, without sounding too crude, every other stadium this weekend didnt look as empty as ours and the weather was fu**** everywhere over the weekend. Spurs had a pitch inspection an hour before kick off yet they're ground was full..

They're correct in what they say. They satisfied all neccessary criteria.

That still doesn't mean that, as a gesture of goodwill, they shouldn't offer an exchange/refund for the ****ing 'loyal supporters'.

Mind you, as the requires actually giving back to those that give I doubt they will.

At least things are going well on the pitch.

Their way of saying no refund/other offer for fans that couldn't make it. Shambolic treatment of supporters.

Whilst I agree with you, it is no different to any other event that goes ahead and you can't make it, whether it be a pop concert, theatre etc, big corporations just don't give a refund. Perhaps all the pies could be frozen and given away to those who produce a match ticket at the next home game, along with a pint.

Oh really.... was Arsenals pitch playable when they postponed their boxing day game? Yes is was. Could the teams etc get there? Yes they could.

So why did they call it off?

"The paramount concern was always the duty of care towards the Arsenal supporters, West Ham United supporters, matchday employees and workers and indeed everyone who was planning to attend the game on Boxing Day.

"In addition to the proposed industrial action on London Underground on Boxing Day, there are extremely limited services operating on National Rail train services into London on this day. Also, normal parking restrictions close to the stadium still apply. This would have caused severe disruption, or at worst, inability for supporters or matchday employees and workers to get to Emirates Stadium.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/19/arsenal-boxing-day-west-ham-strike

The influence of the weather was out of the club's control.

The pitch was deemed playable, the club did everything they could to allow the game to take place at King Power stadium.

From the club's perspective, not returning money on tickets that weren't used is somewhat understandable.

They had the same maintainance cost as always. I suppose the costs were even (marginally) higher, due to the extra efforts needed to clear the pitch all day long.

Calling this decision *disgraceful" is way over the top.

Instead of moaning about it, how about trying to understand the situation from a different angle.

And save your energy for the next home game against Wolves. You gotta go through thick and thin.

Support City wherever you can, whenever you can. Especially now, approaching the final third of the season.

The influence of the weather was out of the club's control.

The pitch was deemed playable, the club did everything they could to allow the game to take place at King Power stadium.

From the club's perspective, not returning money on tickets that weren't used is somewhat understandable.

They had the same maintainance cost as always. I suppose the costs were even (marginally) higher, due to the extra efforts needed to clear the pitch all day long.

Calling this decision *disgraceful" is way over the top.

Instead of moaning about it, how about trying to understand the situation from a different angle.

And save your energy for the next home game against Wolves. You gotta go through thick and thin.

Support City wherever you can, whenever you can. Especially now, approaching the final third of the season.

This.

Fans feel so hard done by all the time these days, moaning when the club has no obligation to you just undermines efforts to tackle policies that genuinely screw the fans over.

How about they understand it from this angle, as a season ticket holder I can cancel two games a year and get a replacement ticket for another game. You ring up to do so and are told no you can't do that as you've not given us enough notice (5 hours). Fair enough if it was a few minutes before kick off, but it was around 2/3 hours before and the gates wouldn't have even been open yet.

That's what has annoyed me more than anything.

How about they understand it from this angle, as a season ticket holder I can cancel two games a year and get a replacement ticket for another game. You ring up to do so and are told no you can't do that as you've not given us enough notice (5 hours). Fair enough if it was a few minutes before kick off, but it was around 2/3 hours before and the gates wouldn't have even been open yet.

With new card system I didn't think you had to tell them you weren't going.

You can do the exchange thing for season tickets after the event though if u miss a game.

With new card system I didn't think you had to tell them you weren't going.

Cancelled one earlier in the season and rang up about it and they cancelled the game from the system whilst I was on the phone. Said on the phone Friday 5 hours notice needed?

Cancelled one earlier in the season and rang up about it and they cancelled the game from the system whilst I was on the phone. Said on the phone Friday 5 hours notice needed?

I missed the Hull game in September, went in with my season tikcet in December, told them I'd missed a game, they checked if I had or not then gave me a ticket for my mate for the Barnsley game.

I didn't tell them before the Hull game I wasn't going.

You can do the exchange thing for season tickets after the event though if u miss a game.

Why would they not just say that one the phone, they would have one slightly less pissed off customer.

Can't see anything in the t's and c's only...

"33. The Seat Exchange benefit for the 2012/13 season will be available on the basis that the Club are playing in the Championship. Seat Exchange will be limited to a maximum of TWO, Gold, home league games only, strictly subject to availability. Should a Season Ticket Holder wish to use Seat Exchange for any Platinum fixture, an upgrade fee, being the difference between the Gold and Platinum match ticket prices for the relevant area of the stadium will apply. No credit or refunds are available in the event of Seat Exchange benefits not being used. Seat Exchange is not available in the Premier League."

I had to ring up to cancel one earlier in season and they cancelled it on the system as I was on the phone.

I assumed the 5 hours notice was for those with match tickets not ST. I asked at the ticket office the other week if I had an outstanding one and they said yes but I never informed them I wasn't going to the game.

I missed the Hull game in September, went in with my season tikcet in December, told them I'd missed a game, they checked if I had or not then gave me a ticket for my mate for the Barnsley game.

I didn't tell them before the Hull game I wasn't going.

Sound... will try giving them a call again.

I assumed the 5 hours notice was for those with match tickets not ST. I asked at the ticket office the other week if I had an outstanding one and they said yes but I never informed them I wasn't going to the game.

All is forgiven then :D Apart from the dufus on the phone in the ticket office, sort yourself out son.

The best thing in my opinoin to keep supporters on side would be to give the supporters who had tickets a pie and a pint next home game,,,,,,,,,,bet the response would have been alot different had we lost the game..............

The best thing in my opinoin to keep supporters on side would be to give the supporters who had tickets a pie and a pint next home game,,,,,,,,,,bet the response would have been alot different had we lost the game..............

I don't think it matters what the gesture is, but I think the club seriously need to have a think and offer something. If I can get a replacement ticket for another game with my season ticket then that's enough for me. But for someone who has spent £20 for nothing the statement is a bit of a slap in the chops. It's not even like the majority managed to get there, you've got about 12,000 people not been able to make it.

Christ we have about 8000 empty seats every game, it's not like they don't have room to make deals for people.

They're correct in what they say. They satisfied all neccessary criteria.

That still doesn't mean that, as a gesture of goodwill, they shouldn't offer an exchange/refund for the ****ing 'loyal supporters'.

Mind you, as the requires actually giving back to those that give I doubt they will.

At least things are going well on the pitch.

you have any idea how much that would cost the club?

you have any idea how much that would cost the club?

An exchange not a huge amount I would imagine. Many not there would have been season ticket holders, who by the sounds of it already get seat exchange for nothing.

The other 6000 non season ticket holders who purchased tickets for the match, some would have got there anyway. And it's not like it's the same 6000 who purchase individual tickets each week.

I don't think it matters what the gesture is, but I think the club seriously need to have a think and offer something. If I can get a replacement ticket for another game with my season ticket then that's enough for me. But for someone who has spent £20 for nothing the statement is a bit of a slap in the chops. It's not even like the majority managed to get there, you've got about 12,000 people not been able to make it.

Christ we have about 8000 empty seats every game, it's not like they don't have room to make deals for people.

I travel down from the other side of Alfreton,,,,,,3 tickets for me and my 2 lads wasted,i never left the house, just thought it would be off.....

Archived