Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

cup affecting our league form

Is anyone else a little worried that the cup may effect our league form? providing we beat huddersfield which I think we prob will and a very winnable tie against wigan, will the players switch off the league a bit? Dunno about everyone else but league is far more important for me and wouldn't want it to affect our league form

If we want to compete on both fronts we may need some more players in, in theory I don't see why not, but in practice we could risk burning out some of our players, at the moment we only have 2 fit centre halves our back up players didn't exactly cover themselves in glory against udders.

Probably a coincidence but didn't our form drop off after losing to Chelsea last season?

Everyone banged on about 'focusing on the league' but if we got promoted then won't it be the same next year where we need to focus on avoiding relegation and it will be the same for next few years before we need to focus on getting in Europe. If we get in Europe, the excuse will be to focus on finishing in a Champions League place slot.

The point is, we might as well enjoy the Cup as a distraction because unless if we are a sub-standard mid table club or we are blatantly going to be relegated (such as losing every game up to Jan) then we will always have an alternative objective to focus on.

There is no reason why we can't compete in both imo.. Swindon are an example of that, as are Bradford.

By the way bradfords league form in & around the last 2 rounds of the league cup has been crap. Also pearson's the only one to blame for the extra unforced fixture we have with Huddersfield due to the abysmall side he picked yesterday( back 5 aside)

Why do so many people think that a few extra games is going to sap all our poor player's energy? They're professional athletes. The battle for second is going to be extremely tense and a one-off cup tie every two-three weeks might be a welcome relief to our players.

No.

We managed to cope in the Premier League with cup runs, we can do it here. If we go out then it's the league to concentrate on, but we've had a cup game, now two league games and I see no reason why we should be distracted for those.

My housemate is a villa fan, and after going out to Bradford in the semi of the league cup he has just said he wished that they had just been knocked out in the first round, it is not so much the fixture congestion, but the disappointment of losing in the semi in that manner is going lo knock the stuffing out of them and affect their league form, I know that our situation is very different, but I thought I would share.

I remember O'Neils Villa being in the latter stages of the UEFA cup a few seasons ago with a side good enough to go all the way. They played the reserves in an effort to keep the players fresh and focussed for a tilt at the champions league spots. They lost in the cup and finished sixth anyway. Going out of the tournament does not guarantee league success anymore than staying in it means certain failure. Interesting to note that if we hadnt thrown away the Burton league cup game then we would have played Bradford in the next round and could well have followed their route all the way to the final. Seeing as the League and FA cups are the only things we realistically as Leicester fans have a chance of seeing our team lift I would readily have accepted the possibility of dropping a few league points and positions for that!

My housemate is a villa fan, and after going out to Bradford in the semi of the league cup he has just said he wished that they had just been knocked out in the first round, it is not so much the fixture congestion, but the disappointment of losing in the semi in that manner is going lo knock the stuffing out of them and affect their league form, I know that our situation is very different, but I thought I would share.

Affect their league form? What form? I assume they are now going to start winning games then. Haha

Archived