Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wakeyfox

Wolves pre match conjecture

Well as he's featured in every league game that's irrelevent. Our results were crap when he was on the bench at the start of the season, it's a massive game for Marshall. I'd have him behind the strikers with King, James and Drinkwater central and Konchesky and De Laet pushing up.

Agree with this, think he is a lot more effective when playing there. De Laet and Konchesky more than capable of playing that role, better support for Nuge and Wood.

And there is the predictable miraculous recovery, If he starts tonight I'd bet heavily he was absloutley fine on Saturday.

It's a funny knock that is fine for the match the week after it occured but flares up 8 days later, but 5 days later it's fine again.

So far, it hasn't worked against us, has it?

How do you mean? I don't like the club insulting my intelligence for one, secondly if he was fine he should of played some part if winning was the objective on Saturday, we got the one result we absloutley did not need (a replay)

And there is the predictable miraculous recovery, If he starts tonight I'd bet heavily he was absloutley fine on Saturday.

It's a funny knock that is fine for the match the week after it occured but flares up 8 days later, but 5 days later it's fine again.

We've said all along he's got lots of flair, so it's not impossible to flare up quite regularly. ;)

There is no need to bull shit us about it though is there.

You don't know whether it is bullshit. It may well be, but If he has a knock, then it could well have needed the rest. League is more important, another knock on Saturday could have put him out today.

Pearson doesn't strike me as the sort to bullshit.

How do you mean? I don't like the club insulting my intelligence for one, secondly if he was fine he should of played some part if winning was the objective on Saturday, we got the one result we absloutley did not need (a replay)

I trust the management, THIS management, more than any other in the 10 years before to make the appropriate judgement as to whom they're playing in which game. I presume they're smart enough to come to that conclusion themselves.

You sound as if we've lost something along the way or as if this decision is a personal insult. It's a management decision and it hasn't done us any harm at all (as of right now).

We're still in the cup and that's a good thing.

To be fair, it was AK who said it, and we know his English isn't that fantastic, so when he said injured he may actually mean 'I pulled up a little sore after the last game and as a precaution I'm being rested for the next game against Huddersfield.'

Well as he's featured in every league game that's irrelevent. Our results were crap when he was on the bench at the start of the season, it's a massive game for Marshall. I'd have him behind the strikers with King, James and Drinkwater central and Konchesky and De Laet pushing up.

I would agree if we had the faintest idea of how to play in that formation, but we don't, so I don't...(If you get my drift..... :rolleyes: )

It will probably be 4-4-2, absolute certainty if Knockaert is fit....... :thumbup:

You don't know whether it is bullshit. It may well be, but If he has a knock, then it could well have needed the rest. League is more important, another knock on Saturday could have put him out today.

Pearson doesn't strike me as the sort to bullshit.

I trust the management, THIS management, more than any other in the 10 years before to make the appropriate judgement as to whom they're playing in which game. I presume they're smart enough to come to that conclusion themselves.

You sound as if we've lost something along the way or as if this decision is a personal insult. It's a management decision and it hasn't done us any harm at all (as of right now).

We're still in the cup and that's a good thing.

Obviously I can't know for sure but having bad ankles myself I'd say If he starts tonight there was no way he was injured Saturday Babs. Wasn't it an impact injury that put him out anyway? I don't really see how that can recover and then get worse.

I apperciate the reasons for resting him, but yeah we have lost something, we did not want a replay from the Huddersfield game, it's made april an absloute nightmare of a month for fixture congestion. I also don't like peadling out fake injuries to hide the fact your resting someone to limit the backlash from some supporters when you don't get a result at Huddersfield.

To be fair, it was AK who said it, and we know his English isn't that fantastic, so when he said injured he may actually mean 'I pulled up a little sore after the last game and as a precaution I'm being rested for the next game against Huddersfield.'

Possibly.

The timing around that was a bit suspect as well though. Seemed to me Pearson picked his squad and then all of a sudden AK was announcing he's injured the night before the match on Twitter.

Possibly.

The timing around that was a bit suspect as well though. Seemed to me Pearson picked his squad and then all of a sudden AK was announcing he's injured the night before the match on Twitter.

He could've just been clarifying why he wasn't picked. I guess we'll never know.

Archived