Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Essington blue

While wood is out

IMO we have to play 4-5-1, with knockaert playing a free role & schullup having his right wing place.

Schullup. James. Drinkwater. Marshall

Knock

Waghorn & vardy are no where near good enough to get us up. A lot of people have known this all season, but unfortunately Pearson doesen't seem to realise.

Regarding schullup, when we have what most would agree is our best 11 available to pick from, schullup would be the best sub that we have, so where the bloody hell is he???? Somebody on another post said regarding if we didn't go up this season that some player's would move to the premier & Pearson would keep developing a young squad here??? Evidence points to him working with never had & never will have dyer & shipping out a decent prospect in schullup.

Decent idea having Knockaert in a free role, but I'm not sure about Nugent up front on his own, especially at home. Still think that the answer while Wood is out is Futacs, he has the ability to hold up the ball and win the ball in the air. There is no doubt that Wood is a massive loss though.

Schlupp is at Manchester United isn't he, but I agree that he is able enough to have a place on the bench. Players like Waghorn and Dyer arn't good enough substitutes imo. Vardy wasn't that bad yesterday, he won stuff in the air and worked hard again. I think Nige is generally picking him to boost confidence as well (which is fine obviously).

Whats Vardy's record 1 goal in 16 ?

Hardly an impact player, fvck me, we could of got Kevin Philips for nowt, he still banging them in and nicking points !!!

THATS WHAT WE NEED FROM THE BENCH!!!!

Kevin Phillips has scored 3 goals in 21 appearances this season.

Bizarre.

Schlupp could play up front, left back (where I think he's best) & probably left wing too, but right wing?

I think we need to change formation, the 4231 worked well to keep it tight away at Hull & 4231 or 451 should be looked at, particularly away from home.

I do think however that Pearson will persist with what has taken us to 2nd.

I also don't understand people's Futacs love-in & put it down to the fact that if you don't play in a defeat people will put you on some sort of platform & automatically think you're better than you are. Futacs hasn't looked great to me.

Mind, I've seen Wood play twice & he was absolutely awful (properly dire) in both games & yet his record speaks for itself.

Pearson wont play Schlupp even if he comes back from Salford United, unless he really has too, and even then it will probably only be if Konch is injured..

He would rather give Vardy and Waggy countless more chances to prove themselves.

We better hope that Chris Wood gets back fit asap!!

None of our back up strikers are the answer, unless Waghorn picks up his form again, that he showed a couple of months ago.

for about 2 weeks I may add

you are right though while Waghorn and Vardy work hard they seem to carry pretty much no goal threat at all.

4-2-3-1 for me, worked in the games we've played it, got to try something else!

Midfield:

James - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knockaet - Dyer

Nugent

But if we play this (doubt we will) Id like another winger to come in on loan

I don't like playing this with Nuge on his own. He gets so isolated! Runs around a lot as usual, but barely gets the ball and always seems very frustrated. I'd say him on his own up top is not his strong point whatsoever

IMO we have to play 4-5-1, with knockaert playing a free role & schullup having his right wing place.

Knock

Waghorn & vardy are no where near good enough to get us up. A lot of people have known this all season, but unfortunately Pearson doesen't seem to realise.

Regarding schullup, when we have what most would agree is our best 11 available to pick from, schullup would be the best sub that we have, so where the bloody hell is he???? Somebody on another post said regarding if we didn't go up this season that some player's would move to the premier & Pearson would keep developing a young squad here??? Evidence points to him working with never had & never will have dyer & shipping out a decent prospect in schullup.

yet nigels a professional manager and your not.

for about 2 weeks I may add

you are right though while Waghorn and Vardy work hard they seem to carry pretty much no goal threat at all.

Waghorn has looked more lively over the past couple of months, and has been able to find the net on occasions.

Last couple of substitute performances, he hasn't really shown anything, we should of started him yesterday.

Pearson just needs to accept the fact, that Vardy isn't good enough for this league, and it's £1 million wasted, we have wasted a lot more money than that in the past, so chin up admit defeat and start Waghorn instead, or get someone in on loan.

yet nigels a professional manager and your not.

Quite right sir, & there are a hell of alot of footballer's on 10's of thousands of pounds who are no better than Sunday league player's. Pearson, the professional manager made a decision to play a player who most of us new wouldn't do the job, cus he's proved it time & again, so he then replaced him with a player who hasn't done it time & time again. Very smart!!!

We have Nigel Pearson as our manager. He plays 4-4-2. He doesn't tolerate an ego getting out of control. He doesn't squander silly money on players on the way down in their career. He treats the owners' money as though it's his own. He gets defences organised. He plays 4-4-2. He doesn't give much away in interviews. He doesn't suffer fools gladly. He is an honorable man. And he plays 4-4-2. Vardy or Waghorn will start alongside Nugent in the league whilst Wood is out.

Knock

It's not even a question of Pearson shipping Schlupp out, Utd wanted to look at him and how could Pearson possibly say no? That would piss Fergie off and bang goes our source of good young players. It would have been a nasty thing to do to Schlupp to deny him the chance at one of the biggest clubs in the world and if Pearson had said no do you think that Schlupp would want to play for Pearson again? Let's not forget that it is only a trial, and he is likely to come back, and come back a better player for the experience

Knock

Yeah, let's change the formation we've been using all season which has us in second place because the player we've had for about four weeks is out injured.

Regarding 'schullup' - he's on trial with MANCHESTER UNITED. What are we supposed to do? Say 'no, you're not going'? Do you think he'd ever want to play for us again after that? Because I don't.

I'll trust the judgement of the manager that's had us in the race for automatic promotion for the entire season, long before Chris Wood turned up.

Regarding schullup, when we have what most would agree is our best 11 available to pick from, schullup would be the best sub that we have, so where the bloody hell is he????

What on Earth are you talking about.

2 goals in 29 appearances, a player who looked more promising at left back than anywhere else but still gave away a penno.

He did very little of note in his appearances upfront or out wide for us, and just looked raw but promising at left back. Yet now, just because Man U also saw some promise at left back... he's the best player we have outside the first 11.

Baffling.

What on Earth are you talking about.

2 goals in 29 appearances, a player who looked more promising at left back than anywhere else but still gave away a penno.

He did very little of note in his appearances upfront or out wide for us, and just looked raw but promising at left back. Yet now, just because Man U also saw some promise at left back... he's the best player we have outside the first 11.

Baffling.

Not at all...... :whistle:

Just switch off about 80% of your brain and it makes perfect sense..... :thumbup:

Archived