Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SOCCERROO FOX

Run for the Hills.....

I don't think you can blame Nige. The team he put out on paper SHOULD have been good enough to beat Huddersfield but most of them didn't turn up. The blame lies solely at the players feet and hopefully a few of them won't be wearing our great clubs shirt again this season. Terrible.

I don't think you can blame Nige. The team he put out on paper SHOULD have been good enough to beat Huddersfield but most of them didn't turn up. The blame lies solely at the players feet and hopefully a few of them won't be wearing our great clubs shirt again this season. Terrible.

Gallagher who's played almost no part all season.

Wellens the same, and with very questionnable fitness.

Futacs has been avoided like the plague by Nigel for much of this season.

Did he think we'd beat them easily with that team, or did he just not give a shit?

Did he think we'd beat them easily with that team, or did he just not give a shit?

Perhaps he thought that his first choice defence, one first choice striker and two first choice midfielders would be enough, considering they also had kids and people who don't play much in their team.

Perhaps he thought that his first choice defence, one first choice striker and two first choice midfielders would be enough, considering they also had kids and people who don't play much in their team.

Spot on

We had 8 of our first choice 11 starting against a bunch of kids and a team near the bottom of the league, which we hammered 6-1 a month ago. So yeah I, along with many others thought we SHOULD win the match.

Why would he think that? He played a stronger team thatn this in the original tie and they were outplayed and scraped a draw. He had no good reason to expect players who have been letting him down to walk over Huddersfield tonight.

You're just making excuses for him, there's no way he cared about winning tonight.

Spot on

We had 8 of our first choice 11 starting against a bunch of kids and a team near the bottom of the league, which we hammered 6-1 a month ago. So yeah I, along with many others thought we SHOULD win the match.

Yeh a month ago with our first ELEVEN we hammered them 6-1.

A couple of weeks or so ago when we put a weakened side out we were outplayed by them. And that side included players who he has in general preferred to Gallagher and Futacs.

Why would he think that? He played a stronger team thatn this in the original tie and they were outplayed and scraped a draw. He had no good reason to expect players who have been letting him down to walk over Huddersfield tonight.

You're just making excuses for him, there's no way he cared about winning tonight.

Stronger team? Nugent and Knocky didn't play that game but they did today. Arguably our two best players.

I don't think he does care, I don't. But that team should be good enough to win in both games. Who said anything about walking over them?

Stronger team? Nugent and Knocky didn't play that game but they did today. Arguably our two best players.

I don't think he does care, I don't. But that team should be good enough to win in both games. Who said anything about walking over them?

I don't think that's really the point. That's a matter of opinion, the fact of the matter is we lost. Even if we lost the tie because we underestimated them, it's still not acceptable. If you put out a weaker side in a competitive game it's because you're very confident that they will get the result. I see no reason why previous evidence would suggest Pearson thought tonight's side was likely to win.

He hasn't wanted to touch Futacs with a barge pole all season. Why not Vardy tonight? Why not Waghorn? Why Wellens? Why Gallagher? They're not just questionnable selections, they're very strange ones. They're not really second team, they've barely featured at all this season, even from the bench.

And what was with these 'best players' performances tonight? Putting in 100%? I don't think so. Why was that? Why did they not look up for it or like they had seriously prepared for the game?

Tonight was very dodgy. There's a team that he could have selected that may have been weakened, and I still wouldn't have agreed it was the right selection. This team, to me, wasn't just weakened, it was suicidal.

Yep, and that says it all dont it, when modern football fans and modern football managers couldn`t give a toss about getting knocked out of the FA Cup.

We might as well just do away with all the cup competitions, for all they seem to mean to alot of managers and fans these days!

I see no reason why previous evidence would suggest Pearson thought tonight's side was likely to win.

Evidence like us being 2nd/3rd, them being 3 points of relegation and us playing 8 first choice picks.

As for certain picks, people have been banging on about Futacs not playing and that he needed a chance. Well they got their wish.

Wellens and Gally are rusty, so if they are going to play a part for us then they need game time. With 8 good players around them it should have been enough.

Can't believe people are using words like disgraceful. We lost to a team in our division, not fecking Hinckley United. Jesus. I actually hate our fans.

Just imagine the reaction if we did lose to them. I don't think I could carry on supporting this club, the reaction of the fans would be something similar to the apocalypse!

Archived