Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gazlcfc27

Drinking in your seat?

Was in Germany last weekend, was wonderful to be treated like an adult and sip a pint while watching the game.

At the end of the day, England's already overzealous attitude towards punishing anyone who commits misdemeanours (mo matter how petty) at football would deal with anyone who wasn't sensible about what they drink in the ground - so why can't the rest of us enjoy a nice glass of beer while we're at the match?

I can't think of a good reason why lager should be served in bottles.

Because it's so shit it doesn't matter what you serve it in, it's still glorified rats piss?

Brilliant idea, if you've ever been to the premier league darts you'll know what a real atmosphere is!!

That's professional drinking that is, hardly fair to compare the two now.

Exactly. I don't know why anyone bothers eating or drinking in the stadium unless they have to. Shit food, watered down drinks and all for super high prices!

watered down drinks? are you for real?

shit food i agree with but it's pretty near on impossible to water down a pressurised 36gallon beer barrel.

Clearly if we could drink in the ground then people would get more drunk and it's indisputable that that causes mor people to sing and therefore the atmosphere would improve.

Just a little matter of changing an act of parliament then.

Clearly if we could drink in the ground then people would get more drunk and it's indisputable that that causes mor people to sing and therefore the atmosphere would improve.

Just a little matter of changing an act of parliament then.

Thats what Ipswich Town are trying to do,but this rule would'nt make fans more drunk.They would simply drink in there seats instead of at the bars.Imagain one of our defenders puts in a great tackle and we all finish our sip then put the bottle down then clap,be like wimbledon on center court.Sorry not for me.Like my old man used to say,beers for the pub son.

Yeah but you're still watching ****ing darts.

No they're not - they're occasionally watching two fat guys in the distance waving their hands in the air, but mostly they're looking at a tv screen. Never understood going to watch darts live.

Or watching it on tv, come to think of it.

It's an uninformed opinion because I've never been... but the famous darts atmosphere all seems a bit fake and put on to me, especially with all the outfits and banners etc that people wear, yes it's nice too see the videos like the one above showing a few minutes of singing but how can you really get excited about darts unless you have been an avid follower for years and not just going as a one off to sample the famous atmosphere. Especially if your more than two tables back so all you see is a telly.

Not saying its bad, just I imagine its a bit fake, I'd have to go and see for myself of course but..... It's ****ing darts, you'd have to pay me.

We have a horrible binge drinking culture in the UK, and people deliberately get drunk as fast as they can and then act like complete idiots, surely this will only help this? It probably works in Germany because they don't have our binge culture

Ive just read somewhere that Ipswich are trying to get a law passed to bring back the drinking of alcohol in your seats during matches.I for one would be totally against this.I think this would take the atmosphere down another notch,just another reason not to sing and shout.

Yeah, cos drunk people tend to be far more quiet and reserved...

You carnt compare football to darts.Darts is a pub game so having a pint in your hand is the norm.The whole point of my post was to suggest that we need the none singers,or the fans that sing very little to perhaps sing more and not slip into there cocoon any more.And personally I feel that a pint in there hands would only make them more comfortable in there seats,and soon bringing cushions to sit on.As for everyone being peed giving us more of an atmosphere,i think we've all had some drunk chav next to us that when singing the Ben Marshall song sings Ben Marmul and then sounds like he's being sick,not exactly adding anything to the atmosphere.

Oh god, you're ten years too late fella. Who really expects an atmosphere at LCFC anymore? Nobody. Just TRY and bare it like most of us do, on our day we're excellent and actually an enjoyable set of fans to be a part of........

I take a hip flask in anyway for big games if i'm on an all dayer. Much rather do that than pay £4 and queue for a pint of piss.

Would be great if we could have a pint in the seat mind, every other sport does, why not football?

You get searched going into American footy matches. Anything found gets thrown in the bin ( happened to me !)

Archived