Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gazlcfc27

Drinking in your seat?

Ive just read somewhere that Ipswich are trying to get a law passed to bring back the drinking of alcohol in your seats during matches.I for one would be totally against this.I think this would take the atmosphere down another notch,just another reason not to sing and shout.I sit in SK2 and mosts of the people around me only cheer when we score,and thats getting shorter all the time as everyone seems to stare at the screens waiting for the bloody replay.Then add taking a big sip of beer and we might as well watch rugby.Dont get me wrong I like a pint or three,but on the way to the ground and after,in a pub not in my seat.When im watching Leicester home and away,for 90 mins i dont need anything else,and the more there is to distract people the more dire our game will become.Sorry about the rant but i want more atmosphere not less.

Guest BlueBrett

I actually think it would improve atmosphere. They should serve it in squeezy bottles though so you can jump about while you're drinking

I take a hip flask in anyway for big games if i'm on an all dayer. Much rather do that than pay £4 and queue for a pint of piss.

Would be great if we could have a pint in the seat mind, every other sport does, why not football?

It's not a Rugby game or a pub. I'd also prefer not getting showered in piss smelling beer whenever the ref gives a shit decision, which is every 3 minutes according to the people sitting behind me.

I can also imagine some overweight bloke holding a tray with 10 pints on it, hobbling up the stairs trying not to spill the precious overpriced beer, he's spent his life savings, while holding everyone up. He also sits on the top row to help matters.

Waghorn would have to start a tally chart of how many pints he knocked over while he tries to remember he's meant to get the ball under the bar.

Guest BlueBrett

I can't think of a good reason why lager should be served in bottles.

Yeah because it is so delicious out of a flimsy plastic cup

And have some fat, pissed up ****er squeezing past me every 5 minutes to get a refill? No thanks - it's bad enough when they leave after half an hour to get a pie and then come back up 10 mins into the second half.

You'll have a bloody job getting sozzled on the stuff they serve at the stadium!

You carnt compare football to darts.Darts is a pub game so having a pint in your hand is the norm.The whole point of my post was to suggest that we need the none singers,or the fans that sing very little to perhaps sing more and not slip into there cocoon any more.And personally I feel that a pint in there hands would only make them more comfortable in there seats,and soon bringing cushions to sit on.As for everyone being peed giving us more of an atmosphere,i think we've all had some drunk chav next to us that when singing the Ben Marshall song sings Ben Marmul and then sounds like he's being sick,not exactly adding anything to the atmosphere.

You carnt compare football to darts.Darts is a pub game so having a pint in your hand is the norm.The whole point of my post was to suggest that we need the none singers,or the fans that sing very little to perhaps sing more and not slip into there cocoon any more.And personally I feel that a pint in there hands would only make them more comfortable in there seats,and soon bringing cushions to sit on.As for everyone being peed giving us more of an atmosphere,i think we've all had some drunk chav next to us that when singing the Ben Marshall song sings Ben Marmul and then sounds like he's being sick,not exactly adding anything to the atmosphere.

Call this a pub game? 10-15000 going mental for 4 hours.

Would they do this every week of the year.Probably not.Though it does look quite good,its a one off event and again you carnt compare it to football.

Its not a one off event, its a league and then a final. The league games get the same atmosphere as the final all fuelled skimpy attired beer girls. No trouble, no booing if someone plays crap.

Archived