Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Players your glad we haven't signed.

Also Anthony Gerrard "clumsy donkey

THIS, ALL OVER THIS.

I had a good night arguing over this guy, saying how shit he was and that we shouldn't sign him, people jumped on my back for it, and I probably got a ban.

Rubbish dirty defender.

Couldn't disagree with this more. He would have been a class sigining. Would have improved the team, helped the younger players to develop, sort out some of the attitude problems, increased the attractiveness of us as a club and would have made the club millions.

Only if he'd been a permanent signing. Wouldn't have achieved much in a couple of months on loan and saying he'd make us millions is pure speculation. I bet you loved the Sven circus

Karl Henry.

Diawara or whoever it was we were linked with, I dont want to see NP give in to pressure to play an anti-football spoiler to sit in front of our defence a la Wolves.

Kevin Doyle who I think is massively overrated.

I will admit, however,l that I would love to have seen us sign Robert Koren, especially a few years ago.

were we linked with him? I always thought he was a superb striker early in his career but then he suffered a calamitous loss of form and I agree is rubbish these days (happens once the famous black and gold colours of Wolves are worn)

Has anyone said Emile the second time? As much as we all love him I think looking at it now he wouldn't have offered as much as many would've expected or indeed demanded and it would've took the gloss off his first, superb spell here.

Only if he'd been a permanent signing. Wouldn't have achieved much in a couple of months on loan and saying he'd make us millions is pure speculation. I bet you loved the Sven circus

Both in terms of business and football economics, Beckham would have given us a big boost. If he was here for 3 months then global merchandising sales would have certainly surpassed whatever wage he was on. Then you factor in all the extra media coverage and attention paid to Beckham and again you're making lots of money from this. Its also going to increase brand awareness across the globe and helps to bring in lots of extra 'fans' even if just for those 3 months. We become a bigger name as a result meaning that we increase of revenue streams and are able to attract bigger name players.

On the footballing side of it, Beckham was arguably England's best player for a decade and whilst the MLS isn't great, he is still more than capable of playing at this level and being a success. The fact that there was a bad attitude in the dressing room during Sven's tenure is another area where the Beckham power comes into play. If you see a 35/36 year who has won almost everything in the game, putting everything into his training and still remaining a consumate pro, then you're obviously going to be inspired and realise that you too need to put the effort in.

And yes, I did enjoy the 'Sven Circus'. Who wouldn't? I liked seeing loads more about Leicester in the news and media. I liked us being an attractive proposition for players. I liked us being linked to huge names in world football. I liked having the belief that Leicester were finally going into a season with expectation rather than hope. Of course I'm disappointed how things turned out and how results went on the pitch and I was delighted when Pearson was chosen as the man to replace Sven but I enjoyed the fact we were a huge fish in a small pond. I am sorry for getting caught up in the moment and making the most of what it was like to feel like a big club.

Both in terms of business and football economics, Beckham would have given us a big boost. If he was here for 3 months then global merchandising sales would have certainly surpassed whatever wage he was on. Then you factor in all the extra media coverage and attention paid to Beckham and again you're making lots of money from this. Its also going to increase brand awareness across the globe and helps to bring in lots of extra 'fans' even if just for those 3 months. We become a bigger name as a result meaning that we increase of revenue streams and are able to attract bigger name players.

On the footballing side of it, Beckham was arguably England's best player for a decade and whilst the MLS isn't great, he is still more than capable of playing at this level and being a success. The fact that there was a bad attitude in the dressing room during Sven's tenure is another area where the Beckham power comes into play. If you see a 35/36 year who has won almost everything in the game, putting everything into his training and still remaining a consumate pro, then you're obviously going to be inspired and realise that you too need to put the effort in.

And yes, I did enjoy the 'Sven Circus'. Who wouldn't? I liked seeing loads more about Leicester in the news and media. I liked us being an attractive proposition for players. I liked us being linked to huge names in world football. I liked having the belief that Leicester were finally going into a season with expectation rather than hope. Of course I'm disappointed how things turned out and how results went on the pitch and I was delighted when Pearson was chosen as the man to replace Sven but I enjoyed the fact we were a huge fish in a small pond. I am sorry for getting caught up in the moment and making the most of what it was like to feel like a big club.

You don't know that he would have had any effect on the team or on our attractiveness to other players. You also don't know that people are stupid enough to buy merchandise for a player that is only here on loan. I don't know the opposite, it's all speculation as it never happened. I for one am glad we didn't sign him or any other star names we were linked with. I'd probably have had a different opinion had we been in the premier league, but we weren't and all I could see during Sven's reign was money being haemorrhaged and visions of Peter Taylor

Archived