Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munshi

Players your glad we haven't signed.

I'd still say that qualifies. It's hard to justify a price tag when you aren't playing.

Even though I'd have loved him here at the time I'm slightly glad we didn't get Edgar Davids after the shambles he was at Palace. Saying that he does seem to be doing OK at Barnet.

I was more alluding to his point that he's done fack all whilst he's been there.

Martin O'Neill tryed to sign both Ashley Ward and Keith O'Neill from Norwich. I'm glad we didnt resign Ward not a Premiership striker in my memory certainly not £5m anyway. Keith O'Neill I believe was quiet injury prone.

Craig Levein wanted both Andy Kirk and Gary Wales from Hearts - I think they ended up playing in League 2 in there prime let lone Championship and Levein's record in the transfer market wasnt great.

Mark McGhee I remember wanted to bring Michael Gilkes from Reading for a £1m. But he was about 30 at the time and I think he took him to Wolves later for cheaper.

Harry Bassett wanted Terry Phelan who was a player/coach in the US (in one of the regional leagues) to assist our Premiership survival bid.

Beckham. We were enough of a circus already and you can only imagine the kind of wages we would have had to pay him

Beckham would of paid for himself in Merchandise in Asia alone during what would of been a couple of months on loan from LA Galaxy

Didnt know that, didnt do much at West Ham either tho. Stood out in a crap bristol side and as soon as he's put in a team with other good players goes missing

Never really had a chance with all the quality at West Ham, constantly coming on as a substitute. Now has a serious injury, again. Although I was pleased we didn't pay £7million for him, Maynard is still a good player and generally scores goals at this level. Another good player that Crewe have produced.

We dodged a bullet on Jason Macateer. That lanky Chinese bastard when Bassett was in charge in the Prem. John Welsch.

Robbie Fowler, Hasselbaink and McManaman all during their final legs of their careers, glad we never signed any of them.

I wish we had signed Danny Murphy around that time though (when we were linked with every past it big name under Mandaric and Martin Allen??)

In a way... Emile Heskey.

I wouldn't want his legacy being ruined by an unfulfilling return... Ie. Paul Dickov.

True, but Dickov's legacy isn't ruined. I still remember the Paul Dickov of 02/03, remains one of my most favourite Leicester players ever.

Beckham. We were enough of a circus already and you can only imagine the kind of wages we would have had to pay him

Couldn't disagree with this more. He would have been a class sigining. Would have improved the team, helped the younger players to develop, sort out some of the attitude problems, increased the attractiveness of us as a club and would have made the club millions.

Archived