Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Compensation for ST holders!

I think we should be intitled to some compensation with all these games being moved for sky. I worked out that if i watched all the games that have been moved for sky on tv and bought an individual ticket for the rest of the matches id only be roughly £1 worse off per game, and one of the main reasons you buy a season ticket is for sufficient cost effectiveness. Not 2 mention 4 of them have been moved from saturday.

I think a few years back I worked it out that you could only afford to miss 3 games with a season ticket, otherwise you may aswell buy individual match tickets, like i said that was a few years back so may have changed now, probably for the worse.

Had the feeling at the end of last season and ended up renewing but going to have to seriously consider for next season, no doubt I will renew...what else are you going to do on a Saturday afternoon? :unsure::rolleyes:

I think we should be intitled to some compensation with all these games being moved for sky. I worked out that if i watched all the games that have been moved for sky on tv and bought an individual ticket for the rest of the matches id only be roughly £1 worse off per game, and one of the main reasons you buy a season ticket is for sufficient cost effectiveness. Not 2 mention 4 of them have been moved from saturday.

Firstly, are you joking/is this post tongue in cheek?

Secondly, if not then it's a bit pathetic. Compensation from who? Football games get moved for TV, you can't be claiming you're unaware of this. And if it was such a concern why did you bother buying a season ticket in the first place? It's a slightly unfortunate situation if all you care about is seeing the game and not watching us live but that's just the way it is.

I think we should be intitled to some compensation with all these games being moved for sky. I worked out that if i watched all the games that have been moved for sky on tv and bought an individual ticket for the rest of the matches id only be roughly £1 worse off per game, and one of the main reasons you buy a season ticket is for sufficient cost effectiveness.Thoughts?

The main reason I bought a ST is because I loved the club and wanted to gaurantee i'd be there for every home game. The monetary aspect of it was just a happy bonus. The fact games get moved in no way affected my plans to go to a game or not.

If your way of thinking you'd rather watch some games at home and save the money, perhaps dont get a season ticket.

In answer to the main point, no. You shouldnt get compensation. For all its pitfalls, Sky have made the standard of football what it is today. They've done that through money so if they move a game, i'm afraid thats the handshake with the devil you have to make unless you want to go back to the Saint & Greavsie era when football was shit.

To me, football fans complaining about Sky is a bit like Chelsea fans complaining about Abramovich. Give them the choice of going back to finishing 6th every year, praying that Mario Stanic is fit for the next game and handing all the trophies back for Romans departure and see what they say.

Unfortunately football needs Sky.

did you include your sky subscription in working out that price to?

Dont get me wrong i love going to live games and would rather be there. But what im saying is that one of the advantages of having a season ticket is saving money. Plus we all much prefer saturday games. Sky are taking the PISS!

If you go through your old Season Ticket Books there's vouchers at the back (A, B, C, etc)

No ones caught on but if you make an Anagram out of these stubs, you get your money back.

Could you repeat in dumb people's talk please? :P

I didn't use two season tickets for the wolves game but didn't contact the club to say I wasn't going will I be able to have two extra tickets for Blackburn nx Tuesday????

Yes just contact the ticket office I swapped my seat from the boro game for another ticket for Leeds today

This

Its more the fact that people cant make it to the weekday games.

Last home game I went was cardiff at home which was the 22nd December.

We've got 2 home 3pm games this year and Watford will most likely be changed too, making it 1.

Its more the fact that people cant make it to the weekday games.

Last home game I went was cardiff at home which was the 22nd December.

We've got 2 home 3pm games this year and Watford will most likely be changed too, making it 1.

Yeh I guess so. Depending on where you live/work pattern. I am lucky that both work in my favour. I guess there is the call for the membership deal the club used to offer.

If we get promoted City need realistic prices to fill the ground as the sky money alone will keep the owners happy , so let's hope we get promoted and get behind the team this season.

Then its up to the owners to look after the fans next season.. so Susan keep you nose out as you messed pricing up this season with memberships ' student pricing and the slight increase.

If you go through your old Season Ticket Books there's vouchers at the back (A, B, C, etc)

No ones caught on but if you make an Anagram out of these stubs, you get your money back.

A painter at work went one step further, he had about 3 old season tickets with these lettered pages at the back, well a few months ago he got the job to redecorate Martin O'Neils flat so when he was in the flat he discretely placed these pages all over the place.

Under kitchen drawer units, in the back of the airing cupboard, under the hall carpet etc.

Archived