Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dillonlcfc

'We Love You Chant'

Is it just me or is this chant over used? Even our away atmosphere has been pretty bad on some occasions although I think that's because not everyone stands up (Kids and elderly people) which I understand, but why not let them have a section. To the point Palace used it the best in my opinion, with the hands in the air, going woah... for a few seconds then loudly into the chant and they only sung it after a goal (They were all standing). I'll be going to Blackpool and hope we can sing this well then.

Glad it's not used so much, makes us looks pretty tinpot. We have so many songs which are ours and ours alone that we should sing more.

Like what? Leicester,Leicester,Leicester every 5 mins.

Anything different, (im not saying original) Is never a bad thing and anything to improve atmosphere is always welcomed.

It was overused last season, but that's because nobody was singing anything else and we were desperate.

We needed to use it as a springboard for the many other songs we sang at a decent volume once upon a time, it didn't work out though.

There's nothing wrong with singing it but once or twice a game should suffice, there's plenty of other songs that should also be aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JeiOfNMzM

Once upon a time there was a Spion Kop

Where we used to throw a can or two

Where we used to while away the hours

Watching the boys in royal blue

Those were the days my friend

We took the Stretford End

We took the Shed

And North Bank Highbury

We live the life we choose

We'll fight and never lose

Those were the days

Oh yes, those were the days

Give me a H?

lol - Don't think that ever really had lyrics did it?

Anyway, I can't say I'm that bothered it's going, crack out the more club specific chants like "never known a team like you" rather than copying the chants you can find for 10 a penny around the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8JeiOfNMzM

Once upon a time there was a Spion Kop

Where we used to throw a can or two

Where we used to while away the hours

Watching the boys in royal blue

We took the Stretford End

We took the Shed

And North Bank Highbury

We'll fight and never lose

Those were the days

Oh yes, those were the days

The second verse I thought it was like this

We thought they never end

We took the Shed

Stretford end, North Bank Highbury

And the Third Verse

We'll fight and never loose

For we are young and sure to have our way.

Is it just me or is this chant over used? Even our away atmosphere has been pretty bad on some occasions although I think that's because not everyone stands up (Kids and elderly people) which I understand, but why not let them have a section. To the point Palace used it the best in my opinion, with the hands in the air, going woah... for a few seconds then loudly into the chant and they only sung it after a goal (They were all standing). I'll be going to Blackpool and hope we can sing this well then.

and this chant does get the atmosphere going..... if you have any other suggestions?? :thumbup:

All I know is, Cardiff at home last year, it was sung every few minutes and the atmosphere in the stadium was actually excellent. People started slating it, people stopped singing it, now there's hardly any singing again.

For a certain period it did improve the atmosphere a lot. But after a while, people got fed up with it because we were singing it far too much, and with very few other songs to fall back on, it made the atmosphere worse. Towards the back end of last season even I started to forget what songs we used to sing.

I'm not too disappointed to see it toned down if I'm honest, it seemed to get the whole ground going for a few games but the novelty died off and every time its sung now, it's completely half-hearted and quite frankly shit.

Yeh, it was classic overkill. At first it was passionate and enjoyable, but we did it so much that it stopped being sung with the same gusto.

Variety is the spice of life.

Archived