Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Long Ball

We're playing long ball because we have 2 long ball merchants in the back line (Keane and Konchesky), who know nothing better. Drop both.

How is Keane a long ball merchant? And has Konchesky shagged your wife or something? Christ.

Wood has a good touch but his willingness to chest anything in sight is slightly annoying, sometimes he should just head it.

Nugent is useless at heading and feeding off the drop downs, infact, Nugent is just plain useless. Ooops, am I allowed to say that on here?

Wood has a good touch but his willingness to chest anything in sight is slightly annoying, sometimes he should just head it.

Nugent is useless at heading and feeding off the drop downs, infact, Nugent is just plain useless. Ooops, am I allowed to say that on here?

Ooh you rebel, yeah that's it - stick it to our top scorer, the useless ****.

Nugent won more in the air on Tuesday than Wood did lol A couple of bad games and the lads useless, brilliant :rolleyes:

Our short passing was so poor yesterday

Our players always seem too far away from each other, when we are playing it short (well shorter than a hoof) 9 times out of 10 the ball has to be perfect as we're trying to thread it through several of their players and to a player already marked.

When we are playing well we seem to have several people around the ball giving easy options. Whether this is the end product of playing against 5 in the middle as everyone has to stick in their positions a bit more so their players don't have acres of free space and an extra man should they win the ball.

Don't know if its Pearson or our players are a bunch of ****** .. But surely they know hoofing it up to Wood who has the touch of a rapist isn't going to help?

We're playing long ball because we have 2 long ball merchants in the back line (Keane and Konchesky), who know nothing better. Drop both.

Nugent is useless at heading and feeding off the drop downs, infact, Nugent is just plain useless.

So in 12 posts we have criticised our top scorer, our new signing with a record of 8 goals in 7 games, 2 defenders for not being able to pass, and called either the manager or the players ******. Add to that various posts criticising Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs, King, Dyer, Marshall, Kasper and probably more, but I lose the will to read this forum, in recent weeks.

Is it the case that all of our players and our manager are crap, or are our fans clueless about football and have their expectations impossibly high after watching too much top quality football, and playing too many video games?

Unfortunately when teams decide to fill the midfield the passing option becomes pretty difficult, teams know how to stop us playing! The long ball option is our plan B, it's not effective but when you're faced with such negative opposition there's not a lot you can do unless you're like Barca and can string passes in small spaces. Long ball has only ever worked for us when we had the likes of the Fryatt and Howard partnership, as good as Wood and Nugent have been together, they don't really combine when the balls hoofed up to them.

So in 12 posts we have criticised our top scorer, our new signing with a record of 8 goals in 7 games, 2 defenders for not being able to pass, and called either the manager or the players ******. Add to that various posts criticising Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs, King, Dyer, Marshall, Kasper and probably more, but I lose the will to read this forum, in recent weeks.

Is it the case that all of our players and our manager are crap, or are our fans clueless about football and have their expectations impossibly high after watching too much top quality football, and playing too many video games?

It's getting annoying isn't it? Too many people sold on the big money dream, haven't yet got their feet back on their ground. I understand some fans criticisms as of late, but the majority have been banging on since Sven left. Sometimes you have to forget what you want and remember what you deserve, and we deserve nothing.

It becomes a blood bath when we lose. Can you imagine the outrage if we lose to Blackpool?

If they were perfect they would not be playing for Leicester City. They have negatives in their game. Some people pick up on them.

With regards to Nugent 'having a few bad games', he is a very average player who yes, does score a few, but his all round game is average.

He turns like a bus, he delays a pass too often and when something goes wrong he stands still.

Support the club, not the players. Some of you get too involved with the individuals.

How is Keane a long ball merchant? And has Konchesky shagged your wife or something? Christ.

Contradiction much...

Don't know if its Pearson or our players are a bunch of ****** .. But surely they know hoofing it up to Wood who has the touch of a rapist isn't going to help?

If they're not playing long ball then who is lumping it up out of defence?

Support the club, not the players. Some of you get too involved with the individuals.

Bit ironic coming from somebody who had a pop at Gallagher on Twitter and then came on here crying when he told you to pipe down.

No he hasn't.

Every time we played a long ball to him in the Charlton game, he immediately had two or three defenders round him - yet he still managed to keep control of the ball on most occasions.

I disagree. But, regardless, we can't be surprised when he was completely crowded out everytime the ball went anywhere near him.

Surely they would have the footballing brain to realise it's not working? My point.

I disagree. But, regardless, we can't be surprised when he was completely crowded out everytime the ball went anywhere near him.

Which is why we should have stopped pumping it up to him. But do you not think his touch was poor against Charlton, be it on the ground, to his chest or in the air?

Archived