Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Pearson out. Realistic?

He should of shipped Waghorn out on loan or sold him along with Gally and Wellens. Frazer Campbell went to Cardiff for 650K and hes class we got Vardy at 750k whos well off the pace. I think the defence if fine we have good cover but we've just loaned out Moore and Schulpps at utd. Two more midfielders or bring Danns back and buy one, not enough competition for places upfront or the midfield the bench will cost us automatic.

Fair points. Although I dont agree about Frazer Campbell. Injury prone and not a particularly impressive record.

But in the championship he's got a decent record, did well with hull and now cardiff.

Which is probably why we werent interested. It appears the strategy is buying players who can potentially play at a higher level. He's proved that he cant at Sunderland. 6 goals in 58 appearances is pretty poor. I know that people draw comparisons with Vardy, but thats with the benefit of hindsight. We took a chance on Vardy as it was worth the gamble at the time. Remember, it wasnt just us interested in him. With Campbell you know what you're getting which in my opinion, will be a wage on a treatment table.

Did Cardiff get an itch trigger finger when Malky didn't manage to get them up last year despite a fairly large outlay? Now they look like they will go up fairly comfortably this year.

Most teams that get out of this division are teams that have developed gradually over time (ie Reading) or teams with momnetum from coming League 1 (ie Norwich, Southampton.)

Patience is essential boys, stay calm.

He should of shipped Waghorn out on loan or sold him along with Gally and Wellens. Frazer Campbell went to Cardiff for 650K and hes class we got Vardy at 750k whos well off the pace. I think the defence if fine we have good cover but we've just loaned out Moore and Schulpps at utd. Two more midfielders or bring Danns back and buy one, not enough competition for places upfront or the midfield the bench will cost us automatic.

There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

I think it's gotta be about making comparisons surely? I see this as another way of looking at it.

Zola at Watford has been in the job no longer than Pearson.

Ollie at Palace has been in the job a relatively short time.

McKay at Cardiff took over about the same time as Pearson I think?

Bruce at Hull took over at the start of the season.

Now financially, Leicester have equally as much muscle as any of these other clubs, if not moreso?

Has Pearson, vis a vis these other guys, therefore really done such a fantastic job as people are suggesting?

He inherited a squad assembled at far more expense than any of the others. Yes, Sven was a huge Fook-up but did leave us with the likes of Kasper and Nuge.

Comparatively, it could be argued that Pearson actually HASN'T done fantastically well?

The thing that bothers me is that all the aforementioned managers at the aforementioned clubs seem to be getting better, whereas we don't.

Just another way of looking at it..

:thumbup:

Im very calm its the owners we have to consider,remember millwall last year didnt take a great deal to push them to them to a decision,

Two more losses on the trot and P 45

Are you mental, the two situations are so far apart it's unreal.

I think it's gotta be about making comparisons surely? I see this as another way of looking at it.

Now financially, Leicester have equally as much muscle as any of these other clubs, if not moreso?

Has Pearson, vis a vis these other guys, therefore really done such a fantastic job as people are suggesting?

He inherited a squad assembled at far more expense than any of the others. Yes, Sven was a huge Fook-up but did leave us with the likes of Kasper and Nuge.

Comparatively, it could be argued that Pearson actually HASN'T done fantastically well?

The thing that bothers me is that all the aforementioned managers at the aforementioned clubs seem to be getting better, whereas we don't.

Its a fair comparison that you make. When you say that we arent getting better, is that based on the season, Pearsons tenure this time around or just the last few games?

Don't think it should be Pearson out....Yes we've been poor for the last few games and it's disappointing, but to blame one person for this poor run is wrong imo .....

* wellens is off the pace now so should be sold on or loaned out to get back on the pace..

*Vardy also off the pace .... Just needs to be loaned out ... would help his confidence to be playing rather than just keeping the bench warm till there's an injury, it's no help to him or the rest of the team

The moment we stop progressing under him is the moment you think about sacking someone. At this moment in time we have clearly progressed massively from last year, a completely undeniable fact. If we fail to go up this year then so be it, he should then get the chance to improve us again in the summer and iron out our weaker areas of the team.

Many people seem to understate how difficult it can be to move players on and get new ones in that will improve the team. These things can take time. I don't expect to win every game or take the league by storm, I just want improvement year on year, keep doing that and eventually you'll get where you want to go.

I think that's a very measured take. I'm still furious about last night, the last six games, the undeniable mistakes made, the ominous rumblings I hear from staff and players alike... but it would be terrible to do away with Pearson now, or any time soon.

Where I'd differ with you is with the notion of progress season on season. I also look for progress within a season - and this is where I'm concerned right now.

My concern is that one thing has altered with the manager: He was very hard on his players last season and the conclusion was reached, quite correctly, that progress couldn't be achieved with them. As a result I suspect that, now he has got a set of players he knows he can work with, his inclination is not to be hard on them at all, even though there have been times when a tougher line - setting expectations higher and asking for more (or, perhaps, for something different) - could have been beneficial.

I hope he doesn't come to regret this. His words last night, and shortage of initiative over recent weeks, leads me to fear that he will.

Don't think it should be Pearson out....Yes we've been poor for the last few games and it's disappointing, but to blame one person for this poor run is wrong imo .....

* wellens is off the pace now so should be sold on or loaned out to get back on the pace..

*Vardy also off the pace .... Just needs to be loaned out ... would help his confidence to be playing rather than just keeping the bench warm till there's an injury, it's no help to him or the rest of the team

How is offloading two players who didn't play last night going to help us to avoid performances like the one last night?

So would Wellens and Vardy leaving improve our performances? What would in your opinion?

I think that's a very balanced take. I'm still furious about last night, the last six games, the undeniable mistakes made, the ominous rumblings I hear from staff and players alike... but it would be terrible to do away with Pearson now, or any time soon.

Where I'd differ with you is with the notion of progress season on season. I also look for progress within a season - and this is where I'm concerned right now.

My concern is that one thing has altered with the manager: He was very hard on his players last season and the conclusion was reached, quite correctly, that progress couldn't be achieved with them. As a result I suspect that, now he has got a set of players he knows he can work with, his inclination is not to be hard on them at all, even though there have been times when a tougher line - setting expectations higher and asking for more (or, perhaps, for something different) - could have been beneficial.

I hope he doesn't come to regret this. His words last night, and shortage of initiative over recent weeks, leads me to fear that he will.

Having won 5/7 league games, what about the wins in the last six games made you furious? Also, you mention the tougher line, what dies that entail?

Its a fair comparison that you make. When you say that we arent getting better, is that based on the season, Pearsons tenure this time around or just the last few games?

Compared to Sven's tenure... Much better!

But I'd like for the fans just to sit back a little and actually think whether they believe Pearson has done well ENOUGH? Compared with the other fellas I mentioned?

It's easy to jump on one bandwagon or the other.. Pearson is great or Pearson isn't.

Personally, I think he's done ok. So far just ok.

We aren't getting better? Is this based soley on whatever our last result might have been. Because I'm pretty sure two games ago sat second we were rather better off than we have been for years and you weren't saying this, even having lost to Pterborough we had gained more points than the rest over 6 games.

Cardiff have spent about £11m this year alone, let alone wages on the likes of Bellemy. Bruce has spent about as much as Pearson if not more so when sales are taken into account. Yes we were expensively assembled, but the majority were clearly duds.

The other managers have done well as has Pearson. I'm not sure where you get this "fantastically" you keep repeating. How many have actually said that?

Compared to Sven's tenure... Much better!

But I'd like for the fans just to sit back a little and actually think whether they believe Pearson has done well ENOUGH? Compared with the other fellas I mentioned?

It's easy to jump on one bandwagon or the other.. Pearson is great or Pearson isn't.

Personally, I think he's done ok. So far just ok.

Thanks for that. Have we so far this season matched or fell short of your pre-season expectation?

We aren't getting better? Is this based soley on whatever our last result might have been. Because I'm pretty sure two games ago sat second we were rather better off than we have been for years and you weren't saying this, even having lost to Pterborough we had gained more points than the rest over 6 games.

Cardiff have spent about £11m this year alone, let alone wages on the likes of Bellemy. Bruce has spent about as much as Pearson if not more so when sales are taken into account. Yes we were expensively assembled, but the majority were clearly duds.

The other managers have done well as has Pearson. I'm not sure where you get this "fantastically" you keep repeating. How many have actually said that?

Compared to Pearson, yes, I suggest the other managers are doing better...

Don't you get bored with not even analysing both the pros and cons?

No, he hasn't done fantastically well this time around. I've stuck with Pearson, but you'd have to be a fairly hard-line backer to feel there was anything exceptional about our progress under him.

In truth, many of us would have been a little deflated had we known - when he arrived - that fifteen months on we would be fifth, nine points off second, fourteen off first and on a poor run. Most neutral pundits would feel, at best, that we are a strong side, assembled at great cost, that has failed to capitalise on its opportunities to cement a promotion place.

On top of that, the insights we're given into his attempts to avoid blips like this aren't particularly promising. There is nothing in his tactical nous or interactions with the media to suggest he is even aware that we need to do better if we want to win promotion.

Archived