Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Pearson out. Realistic?

Like i said wellens is off the pace...and when he does play I'm reading the groans on here does that help?????

as for Vardy he needs to be playing an scoring to help his confidence

So is it your opinion that having these two players in the squad is affecting our performance?

Thanks for that. Have we so far this season matched or fell short of your pre-season expectation?

So far, we've exceeded it, but that's not the point.

The point is to ask again... Has Nige really done as well as many are saying? We've crashed out both cups with embarrassing performances, we've loaned out possibly our best young left sided player in years and we have a poor away record. And we now LOOK to be not improving, whilst those sides around us are.

Just asking the question really.

So would Wellens and Vardy leaving improve our performances? What would in your opinion?

I never said i thought it would improve our performances i'm saying Vardy in particular needs to be playing regularly and scoring, it's a been a bit of a jump for him this season from Non League to Championship, and i have also seen him being criticized in other threads for missing sitters no help to him is it??

Having won 5/7 league games, what about the wins in the last six games made you furious? Also, you mention the tougher line, what dies that entail?

We don't need to lose for me to be upset with a performance! We lost to Blackburn earlier in the season, drew at Birmingham and lost to Cardiff and I came away quietly pleased with the team. We beat Boro and Wolves and, on the latter occasion especially, we didn't look like a side capable of securing an automatic promotion slot.

The tougher line means occasionally acknowledging that a performance is substandard. Pearson is fairly unique in that, this season at least, he hardly ever does that. Last night he sounded borderline unprofessional in some of his comments ('these things happen' / 'you can't win every game' / 'there's nothing we can do about it').

Okay, so that could be a purely PR thing - but the comments by James (saying a loss against Huddersfield was a 'blessing' and that we were 'unlucky') and Konchesky (turning on the fans via Twitter) do suggest a general reluctance to own up and admit that we need to do more.

And worst of all, we have played like a complacent team in some recent games.

Pearson did, by the way, take a harder line after Burton and Millwall. Look what happened after those games.

Compared to Pearson, yes, I suggest the other managers are doing better...

Don't you get bored with not even analysing both the pros and cons?

Pros and cons of what? You suggesting because Zola is doing a good job with Udinese B it means we need to swap managers? We were top two sodding games ago and the form team until one game ago FFS.

So is it your opinion that having these two players in the squad is affecting our performance?

No i don't think having them in the squad is affecting our performances, I just think Vardy needs to be scoring on a regular basis whether it be with us or on loan at a League 1 or 2 club to boost his confidence...

Barnsley are top of the form table lets appoint David Flitcroft :thumbup:lol

I care not about form tables yes they are nice on the eye when we are doing well but the main thing is whether we will get promotion come the end of the season or not if we don't NP will rightly get sacked.

The point is to ask again... Has Nige really done as well as many are saying? We've crashed out both cups with embarrassing performances, we've loaned out possibly our best young left sided player in years and we have a poor away record. And we now LOOK to be not improving, whilst those sides around us are.

Appreciate what you're saying.

What I think is, I like you have had my expectations exceeded this season. I would imagine that goes for a very high percetage of the fans. So with that in mind, surely the answer is yes. Nige has done well. If the answer was no, surely our expectations have not been met?

Regarding us not improving, I try and take a season view rather than a few games. You compared a few other teams and their form earlier being better than ours which currently it is. However, taking a short term view is a little distorting. Go back to 5 games previous to that and those teams you mentioned (with the exception of Cardiff) were in poor form whilst we were not.

Regarding Schlupp, I completely agree with you. I wouldnt have dropped him from left back for Konch, but I can understand the reasoning. We dont really have much experience on the pitch so perhaps this influenced the decision. Him being at Utd I do find baffling.

The cups are the cups. We aren't the first to go out like that and we definitely wont be the last.

We don't need to lose for me to be upset with a performance! We lost to Blackburn earlier in the season, drew at Birmingham and lost to Cardiff and I came away quietly pleased with the team. We beat Boro and Wolves and, on the latter occasion especially, we didn't look like a side capable of securing an automatic promotion slot.

The tougher line means occasionally acknowledging that a performance is substandard. Pearson is fairly unique in that, this season at least, he hardly ever does that. Last night he sounded borderline unprofessional in some of his comments ('these things happen' / 'you can't win every game' / 'there's nothing we can do about it').

Okay, so that could be a purely PR thing - but the comments by James (saying a loss against Huddersfield was a 'blessing' and that we were 'unlucky') and Konchesky (turning on the fans via Twitter) do suggest a general reluctance to own up and admit that we need to do more.

And worst of all, we have played like a complacent team in some recent games.

Pearson did, by the way, take a harder line after Burton and Millwall. Look what happened after those games.

Thanks for that. Excellent.

Really? We've just signed one of the best strikers in the division, we won five league games in a row prior to these last two losses. We're in a much stronger position than we have been in years. You can't judge our progress on two games.

Barnsley are top of the form table lets appoint David Flitcroft :thumbup:lol

I care not about form tables yes they are nice on the eye when we are doing well but the main thing is whether we will get promotion come the end of the season or not if we don't NP will rightly get sacked.

If we missed out on auto promotion by 2 points then lost in the play off final on penalties, would it still be right to sack NP?

If we missed out on auto promotion by 2 points then lost in the play off final on penalties, would it still be right to sack NP?

Yes because he would of failed with his target to get City promoted it may be harsh but that is how the owners would perceive it that he hasn't delivered.

I'm posting an alternative view mate. A comparative view.. And you brand me a reactionary for doing so. As somebody above said, that's your prerogative.

A comparative view? That everyone is improving whilst we aren't. Seemingly based on the last two games only. Yes that makes you a reactionary, that's not very "comparative" view point as its only looking at two games. As this league has shown time and again with us and every team but Cardiff form swings wildly and things can change quickly.

Really? We've just signed one of the best strikers in the division, we won five league games in a row prior to these last two losses. We're in a much stronger position than we have been in years. You can't judge our progress on two games.

It's hard to take you seriously Mark..

Yes we have signed a good striker.

You'd have stuck with Waghorn...

lol

A comparative view? That everyone is improving whilst we aren't. Seemingly based on the last two games only. Yes that makes you a reactionary, that's not very "comparative" view point as its only looking at two games. As this league has shown time and again with us and every team but Cardiff form swings wildly and things can change quickly.

You don't even read the post.

I'm 'comparing' Pearsons achievements thus far with those of the other managers around us in the league. And they are doing better, given the same timescale (if not a shorter timescale) AND no more resources.

Aren't they? At present?

So no, comparatively, Pearson is not doing as well as many are making out.

Our form in the second half of this season is not likely to be as good for one simple reason - teams have once again found us out. NPs tactical ineptitude in dealing with teams "that do a job on us", his words not mine, is slowly seeing us drift away from those teams who have risen above the mediocrity that is rife in this league.

Last night was not good enough. Coming out with "they did a job on us" was not good enough. We should be doing a job on them quite frankly and when you consider the main threat was an ex player who NP knows all about and does nothing to negate the constant flick ons, headers and the like for 90 minutes, one has to wonder who on the management staff has the tactical nouse to sort out the most trivial and obvious problems out on the pitch.

With the players we have, we shouldn't be persisting with a rigid 442, it's ludicrous.

Sort it out.

You don't even read the post.

I'm 'comparing' Pearsons achievements thus far with those of the other managers around us in the league. And they are doing better, given the same timescale (if not a shorter timescale) AND no more resources.

Aren't they? At present?

So no, comparatively, Pearson is not doing as well as many are making out.

What achievements have the other managers around us in the league managed then Col?

Archived