Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Pearson out. Realistic?

hilarious. genuinely hilarious. completely rebuild a team with generally quality signings, reducing the wage bill, get in to the top two, play good football. sure, have a few flaws but not anything worrying. there's more clowns following this team than at a Ronald McDonald convention.

I started the thread for balanced and rational debate. I tried to make it clear in the OP that if you want to throw insults at people who dont agree with you, please do it in another thread.

I'm genuinly interested in what people who want NP gone have to say about it in a rational way, rather than the usual, 'fvckin always piks Vardeh' nonsense.

I don't think he is refusing to sign loan players at all, and I can't find any concrete evidence to prove that anyway. There obviously aren't players available who he thinks would fit in/make us better. Wholeheartedly disagree with "Pearson out" though. He's taken us from Sven's mess and serious potential problems for FFP to a team who is challenging for promotion under a smaller wage bill and with what I think is a much better team. To dismantle that now, or even at the end of the season, would be detrimental to the club. Even if we don't get promoted, imagine the position we are in for next year. If we could keep the team together and not lose key players e.g Nuge, Knockeart etc and have Nigel who has moulded this team and bought these players, then with 2 or 3 additions we could be a formidable force next year. He has taken us from doom and gloom to hope and expectation twice and I respect the man for it! Still, like all of us he still has areas to improve on (tactically etc) but I think he can do that while being with us

Thanks for the post.

In your opinion, how long should he get?

Thanks for the post.

In your opinion, how long should he get?

Well that's always a good question. I suppose ultimately it is down to the owners, but should we not get promoted this year I hope they don't get rid. Then see how the next season goes of course but I can't see it not being better than this season if we keep the same squad and add 2 or 3 players of quality. This would also add flexibility and strength in depth that people have been asking for and the "bad eggs" e.g Beckford can hopefully be sold for some money which can be reinvested.

Personally, still think we will get promoted and that we are just in a rut. We've got out of it before and made up a similar gap without any games in hand so why not now? All I'm glad about is we aren't dipping in form too near to the end of the season. Say if this were to happen in April, it would certainly have much more of an impact on the overall season!

Also, enjoyed reading a thread aimed at finding balanced opinions and people who weren't just looking to shoot down anyone else's opinion. Good work! :thumbup:

The moment we stop progressing under him is the moment you think about sacking someone. At this moment in time we have clearly progressed massively from last year, a completely undeniable fact. If we fail to go up this year then so be it, he should then get the chance to improve us again in the summer and iron out our weaker areas of the team.

Many people seem to understate how difficult it can be to move players on and get new ones in that will improve the team. These things can take time. I don't expect to win every game or take the league by storm, I just want improvement year on year, keep doing that and eventually you'll get where you want to go.

The moment we stop progressing under him is the moment you think about sacking someone. At this moment in time we have clearly progressed massively from last year, a completely undeniable fact. If we fail to go up this year then so be it, he should then get the chance to improve us again in the summer and iron out our weaker areas of the team.

Many people seem to understate how difficult it can be to move players on and get new ones in that will improve the team. These things can take time. I don't expect to win every game or take the league by storm, I just want improvement year on year, keep doing that and eventually you'll get where you want to go.

This.

I think Sven's legacy has stayed on with a few people thinking we can get whoever we want when we want. It is certainly overestimated how easy it is to bring new players in etc etc... I bet there's a lot of deals the management have tried to do or have been negotiating which have just fallen through. Of course these don't really make the media headlines so apparently Nigel isn't trying to get anyone in...

Listen, even if Pearson does come across as clueless in recent interviews, raising the question about his managerial abilities:

We've been as far up as 2nd spot this season, which is also mainly thanks to those very same managerial skills a few fans have been heavily criticizing over the past few days and after the second Charlton defeat, especially.

Besides, chopping and changing the manager on a regular basis has hardly ever turned out well, has it?

This "Axe the manager first, because he's an easy scapegoat and easier to replace than a starting eleven" business does really grind my gears and I salute our owners that they've stuck with Pearson so far.

Let's see where we are at the end of the season, shall we? Then we can come back to all those both irritating and intriguing Pearson Out threads.

It's his team, he has to find a way around the recent dip in form.

Well that's always a good question. I suppose ultimately it is down to the owners, but should we not get promoted this year I hope they don't get rid. Then see how the next season goes of course but I can't see it not being better than this season if we keep the same squad and add 2 or 3 players of quality. This would also add flexibility and strength in depth that people have been asking for and the "bad eggs" e.g Beckford can hopefully be sold for some money which can be reinvested.

Personally, still think we will get promoted and that we are just in a rut. We've got out of it before and made up a similar gap without any games in hand so why not now? All I'm glad about is we aren't dipping in form too near to the end of the season. Say if this were to happen in April, it would certainly have much more of an impact on the overall season!

Also, enjoyed reading a thread aimed at finding balanced opinions and people who weren't just looking to shoot down anyone else's opinion. Good work! :thumbup:

Appreciate the comments.

Agree with most of what you say. Only point of difference i'd say is his transfer policy. I understand how he wants to run things but do think that there is a point where you have to get a player in that might cost a bit more and maybe get paid a bit more to really add the quality needed.

Did he come across as clueless last night?

He was just saying we had a lot of work to do but it wasn't impossible. Hardly clueless.

Maybe clueless is the wrong word here. I was referring to his ways of evading Stringer's questions for most part, insisting on sweet-talking the situation.

Indeed :thumbup: Stability is vital, The Sven sweety shop era was catastrophic on so many levels and what NP has achieved in a relatively short period of time is exceptional imo!

Appreciate the comments.

Agree with most of what you say. Only point of difference i'd say is his transfer policy. I understand how he wants to run things but do think that there is a point where you have to get a player in that might cost a bit more and maybe get paid a bit more to really add the quality needed.

I wouldn't say that his transfer policy in general does avoid the high wages, quality players etc... just that he has had to cut a wage bill so hasn't had the chance to make these so called bigger signings. I think had he been given the treasure chest Sven was that he would have brought in some real quality players with the right attitude...

Although his tendency to look for younger players may be why sometimes why we are unable to break these teams down and lack the know how to tackle certain situations aka Peterborough away. But he doesn't just buy young players. The Steve Howards and Nobby Solanos of this world have also been key parts of his squads.

Maybe clueless is the wrong word here. I was referring to his ways of evading Stringer's questions for most part, insisting on sweet-talking the situation.

How far and how deep would you want him to go in a post match interview with Stringer?

Personally, I dont think he should do a post match interview. The questions are about subjects he hasnt had time to gain perspective over. I'd prefer a longer interview on the Monday after.

I wouldn't say that his transfer policy in general does avoid the high wages, quality players etc... just that he has had to cut a wage bill so hasn't had the chance to make these so called bigger signings. I think had he been given the treasure chest Sven was that he would have brought in some real quality players with the right attitude...

Although his tendency to look for younger players may be why sometimes why we are unable to break these teams down and lack the know how to tackle certain situations aka Peterborough away. But he doesn't just buy young players. The Steve Howards and Nobby Solanos of this world have also been key parts of his squads.

I agree with that (apart from Howard being a Holloway signing but the type of player yes). It has suprised me that he hasnt brought someone in with experience to the midfield. At the minute, we really need a composed head in there if anything to guide Drinkwater, James and King and stop them losing their heads.

Saying that we'll probably sign someone like this tomorrow.

Only at City could a manager turn a club around twice, once from the lowest point in our entire history & second from midtable joke club who'd spent like a premiership club.

Whilst everyone has different opinions, I'm happy with an upward curve. We're enormously better off with a squad of mainly young players. Who will get better as individuals and guess what.... The team will get better with them.

On balance with great run & poor run balancing each other out we look short of being good enough for automatic but certainly good enough for playoffs... Which if we didn't make it would leave us with a fantastic base to build from.

Whilst I'd love promotion I don't know where this expectation has come from. We're outperforming the entire past decade with a generally young team - still not good enough for some, then you'll never be happy.

It's not all roses though I'm eternally disappointed to see us sticking to 442 (although it has got us to this best position for a long time) we have players who'd fit a modern 4411 & 4231 style where we'd find points easier to come by on the road.

I'm unclear why we're not playing Schlupp & Dyer on the left, Dyer is generally good at covering the full back & no team could live with that pace on the break. Konch gets torn a new one in almost every game.

Other than that taking everything into account like managing the club sustainably, signing of young players who'll get better & with them the team will get better, the best season so for a decade since we were relegated with many Premiership players balanced out against shortcomings of formation... I'd say we're well on the right track & over the duration of Pearson's contract we'll be much better off than not.

Everyone just needs to hold their nerve, stop pointing fingers & pull together for the next win.

Cracking post.

I feel if we get rid of Pearson at the end of the season, we will be mid table again.

All that will happen is someone else will come in, bring in thier own players no doubt unsettle a buch of players,

then we'll finish 10th then he'll get sacked and will happen all over again.

we really only need some decent depth in our squad and maybe a couple of experience players and we're good to go.

I think we need to keep Pearson the only real success we've had since we got relegated from the prem is when Pearson is with us.

if we don't get promoted this season, we can learn from this season on what went wrong.

Pearson has my backing even if we don't get promoted. In Nige we Trust :pearson::scarf:

I agree with that (apart from Howard being a Holloway signing but the type of player yes). It has suprised me that he hasnt brought someone in with experience to the midfield. At the minute, we really need a composed head in there if anything to guide Drinkwater, James and King and stop them losing their heads.

Saying that we'll probably sign someone like this tomorrow.

lol my bad. Forgot Holloway bought him. Still the point remains valid.

But yes our midfield is surprisingly inexperienced. Not one quality player we can call on with that know-how and experience, in such a crucial part of the pitch as well! Maybe that's why he is persisting with Wellens? (even though Wellens is past it and well off the pace)

Thing is, who could we get in with that experience? At times I feel we need to have that midfielder who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and take it to the opposition, but it's hard to think who we could get at this time?

"Doesn't know what he's doing" we're in top 6, have been for ages. Brought in some quality players such as knockaert and wood..

Did he get tactics wrong when we were unbeaten?

Wait...he's not media friendly? Yes because he should tell the media everything, he doesn't need to and chooses not to.

So what's needed then? You clearly must know..

I know, lets sack him now with only 3 months left of the season and knock the teams confidence even more. fvcking clueless cvnt.

I'm sure if Sven was in this position you wouldn't care! He's basically slowly built a whole new side since being here with the mess that he was left to deal with, he's done such a tough task and we're doing good. We've lost 3 in a row, so? Boro lost what 6 out of 7?

Get behind him and stop moaning, if you think he should be sacked now you clearly need to get more logical.

Thanks for the post. What changes do you think he should have made?

He should of shipped Waghorn out on loan or sold him along with Gally and Wellens. Frazer Campbell went to Cardiff for 650K and hes class we got Vardy at 750k whos well off the pace. I think the defence if fine we have good cover but we've just loaned out Moore and Schulpps at utd. Two more midfielders or bring Danns back and buy one, not enough competition for places upfront or the midfield the bench will cost us automatic.

lol my bad. Forgot Holloway bought him. Still the point remains valid.

But yes our midfield is surprisingly inexperienced. Not one quality player we can call on with that know-how and experience, in such a crucial part of the pitch as well! Maybe that's why he is persisting with Wellens? (even though Wellens is past it and well off the pace)

Thing is, who could we get in with that experience? At times I feel we need to have that midfielder who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and take it to the opposition, but it's hard to think who we could get at this time?

The only name that I can think of that would be suitable is Steve Sidwell.

That seems barmy I cannot for the life of me think why the owners wouldn't sanction loan signings we need some players to reenergise our automatic promotion hopes if they don't sanction any deals then a) they don't trust NP b) they are tight bastards.

Or c) we're already over the agreed wage budget and players may have to go out first

"Doesn't know what he's doing" we're in top 6, have been for ages. Brought in some quality players such as knockaert and wood..

Wait...he's not media friendly? Yes because he should tell the media everything, he doesn't need to and chooses not to.

I know, lets sack him now with only 3 months left of the season and knock the teams confidence even more. fvcking clueless cvnt.

I'm sure if Sven was in this position you wouldn't care! He's basically slowly built a whole new side since being here with the mess that he was left to deal with, he's done such a tough task and we're doing good. We've lost 3 in a row, so? Boro lost what 6 out of 7?

Get behind him and stop moaning, if you think he should be sacked now you clearly need to get more logical.

Good post, who has called for him to be sacked though? Just out of interest

Again, this isnt the sort of post i'm looking for. I must say if you're directing the insults at me, read the OP again as I think you've misconstrued the intent.

Archived