Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Pearson out. Realistic?

Yes because he would of failed with his target to get City promoted it may be harsh but that is how the owners would perceive it that he hasn't delivered.

In that scenario I think it would be criminal to sack him. If we lost 10 out of the last 12 and didnt make the play offs then I would understand it.

Barnsley are top of the form table lets appoint David Flitcroft :thumbup:lol

I care not about form tables yes they are nice on the eye when we are doing well but the main thing is whether we will get promotion come the end of the season or not if we don't NP will rightly get sacked.

You were doing so well.

If in the cold sober light of day you genuinely think that if we lose in the play offs the answer is to sack the manager who has cut wages, rebuilt the team, signed some diamonds, got us playing some great football, placed us higher than we've been in millions of pounds and a decade, was manager of the month 2 weeks ago FFS, then there's nothing more to be done.

You're just wrong. There's no other way to put it. Mistaken/ill-advised/victim of Sky hyperbole/delusional/WUM perhaps, but at the end of it, wrong.

Cheers.

Pearson has the potential to be awesome. Hes proved it already. Hes also proved he can be a stubborn fool. Changing tactics when we are losing is something he struggles with. Doesnt make him a bad manager though but its something he needs to address and improve on. I cant pretend it doesnt worry me that we have hit yet another bad patch while the teams around us keep winning. Hes needs to stop the rot and bring in some players on loan before we lose touch with the top spots. Keep the faith.

Our form in the second half of this season is not likely to be as good for one simple reason - teams have once again found us out. NPs tactical ineptitude in dealing with teams "that do a job on us", his words not mine, is slowly seeing us drift away from those teams who have risen above the mediocrity that is rife in this league.

Last night was not good enough. Coming out with "they did a job on us" was not good enough. We should be doing a job on them quite frankly and when you consider the main threat was an ex player who NP knows all about and does nothing to negate the constant flick ons, headers and the like for 90 minutes, one has to wonder who on the management staff has the tactical nouse to sort out the most trivial and obvious problems out on the pitch.

With the players we have, we shouldn't be persisting with a rigid 442, it's ludicrous.

Sort it out.

Appreciate your opinion. Not really heard a formation described as ludicrous before. Given the form of some of the current players I dont really see an alternative.

What would your suggestion be regarding personell and formation?

You don't even read the post.

I'm 'comparing' Pearsons achievements thus far with those of the other managers around us in the league. And they are doing better, given the same timescale (if not a shorter timescale) AND no more resources.

Aren't they? At present?

So no, comparatively, Pearson is not doing as well as many are making out.

I didn't read the post? So if I go back you didn't say they are currently improving and we are not?

We were second two games ago in Feb, yes he is doing a good job. Just because other managers are doing well also doesn't mean he can't be doing a good job here.

Cardiff have spent way more than Pearson, and Bruce has when you look at our sales. And Watford have loaned expensive talent from Usinese. Freedman was the one who did an amazing job as he had no money or expensive loans.

You were doing so well.

If in the cold sober light of day you genuinely think that if we lose in the play offs the answer is to sack the manager who has cut wages, rebuilt the team, signed some diamonds, got us playing some great football, placed us higher than we've been in millions of pounds and a decade, was manager of the month 2 weeks ago FFS, then there's nothing more to be done.

You're just wrong. There's no other way to put it. Mistaken/ill-advised/victim of Sky hyperbole/delusional/WUM perhaps, but at the end of it, wrong.

Cheers.

Your passion for the team is admirable and your points valid, an opinion however cannot be wrong. Thats why its opinion and not fact.

He will go at the end of the season if we don't go up, he knows that.

If some amazing manager is available then he might go before then,

I'm not sure it's that cut and dried, I could see them being tempted in another Nigel if he's out of a job though.

Pearson has the potential to be awesome. Hes proved it already. Hes also proved he can be a stubborn fool. Changing tactics when we are losing is something he struggles with. Doesnt make him a bad manager though but its something he needs to address and improve on. I cant pretend it doesnt worry me that we have hit yet another bad patch while the teams around us keep winning. Hes needs to stop the rot and bring in some players on loan before we lose touch with the top spots. Keep the faith.

Any players in particular you think would be suitable?

We never should have appointed him. This board is much more interesting when the form dips though, so there is a silver lining I guess.

Still think he can get us up though but might have to re evaluate if we lose a couple more in the next three or four.

If he fails this season that will be four misses in row, then he will probably have to drop a division to get work like Grayson has.

FAO Col.

If you want to appear non-reactionary, try to post like this.

This is balanced, long term and critical (in the true sense). I'm still not sold on the idea that we need loaners and we need them now, it smacks of Eriksson, but that's opinion. We bought Wood, and we did it Nigel's way, quietly and in good time. Sven would have loaned Michael Owen in for 50k a week.

If loaners aren't coming in, isn't it possible that the right people aren't available? We do not just need MORE players, we don't even just need GOOD players, we need players who will improve our side. Compared with pretty much anyone else across the leagues, NP's hit ratio is astonishing. Why are you so blind to this lately?

We never should have appointed him. This board is much more interesting when the form dips though, so there is a silver lining I guess.

Still think he can get us up though but might have to re evaluate if we lose a couple more in the next three or four.

If he fails this season that will be four misses in row, then he will probably have to drop a division to get work like Grayson has.

Would you replace him now? If so, who with?

FAO Col.

This is balanced, long term and critical (in the true sense). I'm still not sold on the idea that we need loaners and we need them now, it smacks of Eriksson, but that's opinion. We bought Wood, and we did it Nigel's way, quietly and in good time. Sven would have loaned Michael Owen in for 50k a week.

If loaners aren't coming in, isn't it possible that the right people aren't available? We do not just need MORE players, we don't even just need GOOD players, we need players who will improve our side. Compared with pretty much anyone else across the leagues, NP's hit ratio is astonishing. Why are you so blind to this lately?

You're right about his hit rate. Do you think his cautious approach maybe restricts us in any way though?

In that scenario I think it would be criminal to sack him. If we lost 10 out of the last 12 and didnt make the play offs then I would understand it.

Why would it be criminal to sack him yes it would be if we appointed some clueless f**ker like Sven post NP first time around who didn't know this league I would hope the Thais have learnt from their mistakes and would appoint someone on the basis that the manager knows this league NP did/does he fulfills that criteria but a manager that has success of promotion and can manage in the prem would be the next step to take perhaps? just a thought. Think about it would the owners have much faith in NP getting us promotion the following season if we failed in the playoffs? Yes NP could use the failure of not succeeding in the playoffs to galvanize the players to do a Reading and Cardiff (presently) but he would need to convince the owners that he would get us promotion the following season.

Would you replace him now? If so, who with?

Can't see the point but it did used to seem that if managers lost four or five in a row they would be under threat. You might hope that a replacement coming in with 10 games to go could pull off the unthinkable. Adkins would be the answer to your second question though.

Your passion for the team is admirable and your points valid, an opinion however cannot be wrong. Thats why its opinion and not fact.

Thanks, and I appreciate the way you're conducin the thread, but an opinion can be wrong. My opinion is that given a chance, my five a side team would thrash Barcelona. Until it happens, factually it has no standing, but it's still wrong.

Likewise, if I opine that Mark Morrison is more culturally relevant than Elvis, that is wrong. it's still an opinion that someone can hold, and we should try to refrain from mocking them for it, but if they raise it in a public forum it's only fair to point out the flaw in their argument and persuade them to a better opinion.

Why would it be criminal to sack him yes it would be if we appointed some clueless f**ker like Sven post NP first time around who didn't know this league I would hope the Thais have learnt from their mistakes and would appoint someone on the basis that the manager knows this league NP did/does he fulfills that criteria but a manager that has success of promotion and can manage in the prem would be the next step to take perhaps? just a thought. Think about it would the owners have much faith in NP getting us promotion the following season if we failed in the playoffs? Yes NP could use the failure of not succeeding in the playoffs to galvanize the players to do a Reading and Cardiff (presently) but he would need to convince the owners that he would get us promotion the following season.

I think it would be criminal because if the margin was that close, would a change really bring us that much closer to promotion or would the disruption just set us back again? If we were that close I think another season would be justified.

FAO Col.

I'm not blind to anything buddy.

As far as I can see, Zola, Ollie, McKay and Bruce are sitting above us in the table. This may not be the case in the final shake-up, but now it's fact.

Again... Having had no more time nor money than Nige has had.

Should this situation turn round, ill stand down..

:thumbup:

For me midfield is our main problem. Marshall isnt cutting it this season, Knocky is proving hit and miss, as are Dyer and King. All we have to replace them with is Wellens and Gally. Doesnt fill me with confidence. For me NP needs to bring in a Morgan equivalent for midfield - i.e. someone that is no only consistant, but can command the midfield! Bringing on the likes of Wellens wont get us anywhere fast.

Can't see the point but it did used to seem that if managers lost four or five in a row they would be under threat. You might hope that a replacement coming in with 10 games to go could pull off the unthinkable. Adkins would be the answer to your second question though.

Thats interesting. I really thought you would definitely say to get rid now.

Adkins I think would be everyones choice if it came to it.

For me midfield is our main problem. Marshall isnt cutting it this season, Knocky is proving hit and miss, as are Dyer and King. All we have to replace them with is Wellens and Gally. Doesnt fill me with confidence. For me NP needs to bring in a Morgan equivalent for midfield - i.e. someone that is no only consistant, but can command the midfield! Bringing on the likes of Wellens wont get us anywhere fast.

Agree. Sidwell was my suggestion. Yours?

Archived