Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Pearson out. Realistic?

Only at City could a manager turn a club around twice, once from the lowest point in our entire history & second from midtable joke club who'd spent like a premiership club.

Whilst everyone has different opinions, I'm happy with an upward curve. We're enormously better off with a squad of mainly young players. Who will get better as individuals and guess what.... The team will get better with them.

On balance with great run & poor run balancing each other out we look short of being good enough for automatic but certainly good enough for playoffs... Which if we didn't make it would leave us with a fantastic base to build from.

Whilst I'd love promotion I don't know where this expectation has come from. We're outperforming the entire past decade with a generally young team - still not good enough for some, then you'll never be happy.

It's not all roses though I'm eternally disappointed to see us sticking to 442 (although it has got us to this best position for a long time) we have players who'd fit a modern 4411 & 4231 style where we'd find points easier to come by on the road.

I'm unclear why we're not playing Schlupp & Dyer on the left, Dyer is generally good at covering the full back & no team could live with that pace on the break. Konch gets torn a new one in almost every game.

Other than that taking everything into account like managing the club sustainably, signing of young players who'll get better & with them the team will get better, the best season so for a decade since we were relegated with many Premiership players balanced out against shortcomings of formation... I'd say we're well on the right track & over the duration of Pearson's contract we'll be much better off than not.

Everyone just needs to hold their nerve, stop pointing fingers & pull together for the next win.

Shakey told them they'll get players in if the owners allow them to. Make of that what you will

Anyone would think we don't have a budget of work to, especially after what happened before NP arrived with million pound loan fees & players attracted here away from premiership clubs.

Even without ffp the pressure is on on that front.

Only at City could a manager turn a club around twice, once from the lowest point in our entire history & second from midtable joke club who'd spent like a premiership club.

Whilst everyone has different opinions, I'm happy with an upward curve. We're enormously better off with a squad of mainly young players. Who will get better as individuals and guess what.... The team will get better with them.

On balance with great run & poor run balancing each other out we look short of being good enough for automatic but certainly good enough for playoffs... Which if we didn't make it would leave us with a fantastic base to build from.

Whilst I'd love promotion I don't know where this expectation has come from. We're outperforming the entire past decade with a generally young team - still not good enough for some, then you'll never be happy.

It's not all roses though I'm eternally disappointed to see us sticking to 442 (although it has got us to this best position for a long time) we have players who'd fit a modern 4411 & 4231 style where we'd find points easier to come by on the road.

I'm unclear why we're not playing Schlupp & Dyer on the left, Dyer is generally good at covering the full back & no team could live with that pace on the break. Konch gets torn a new one in almost every game.

Other than that taking everything into account like managing the club sustainably, signing of young players who'll get better & with them the team will get better, the best season so for a decade since we were relegated with many Premiership players balanced out against shortcomings of formation... I'd say we're well on the right track & over the duration of Pearson's contract we'll be much better off than not.

Everyone just needs to hold their nerve, stop pointing fingers & pull together for the next win.

Good post, where the hell has the +1 button gone? Was gonna be used on this post.

In all fairness he picked what looked like our strongest team on Tuesday and they still didn't perform. I think the players need to take a good long look at themselves. Obviously NP has made some questionable decisions this season (silly substitutions in a few games and sticking with the same formation all season) but these players are the same players who have scored 53 goals this season and outplayed the majority of teams in the division.

What a sensible post. You are not welcome here ;)

I am joking by the way as sarcasm doesn't always work online.

According to one fan on twitter, Shakey told them they'll get players in if the owners allow them to. Make of that what you will

That seems barmy I cannot for the life of me think why the owners wouldn't sanction loan signings we need some players to reenergise our automatic promotion hopes if they don't sanction any deals then a) they don't trust NP b) they are tight bastards.

Not pearson out , he just needs to change and stop being so stubborn. We need loan players in.

Thanks for the reply.

Interested in what you say here as its been said by others. When you say stop being stubborn. Are you saying you think he doesnt want to bring any players in or is it just in general?

If and that is a big If,that we can get a better manager in then yes I would get rid just like in any walk of life if someone is more equipped for the job you would want them as your manager would you not?

Thanks for the reply.

Your post is close to what I referred to in the OP. are you saying you want him gone or not? Or are you merely saying, 'only if someone better was available', but even then, can you clarify what you see as better and give some names as examples. Also, can you tell us if you think time is a factor. For instance, since his return to the club, NP hasnt been in charge for a full season. Do you care or is this an irrelevance in the modern game.

He's done a good job up to now but I feel if he wasnt so stubbon we could of had a few more points on the board with his team selection sometimes. What would be nice is for the thais to do a statement saying there here for the long run because they were always doing it when Sven was here since then they've said nothing really. If the funds are there I'm sure they'll be asking themselves why he didnt strenthen more in the window I just hope there patient people.

Thanks for the post. What changes do you think he should have made?

this. When teams around us have been on bad runs the managers have made changes ie brought in loan players. Pearson refuses to do this and will persist with them same thing and hope it goes right eventually.

Thanks for the post.

I dont recall him saying he refuses to sign any loan players. I only remember his usual rhetoric of, 'if someone is available that fits in, we'll bring them in'.

Do you think he's lying?

I am still pro-Pearson , but even now his lack of an adequate plan b, inability to work with certain players or a 'refusal' to sign in loan players to refresh us has started to annoy me tbf.

Thanks for the post.

Do you think we have the personnel for a Plan B? Or did Sven have the right idea in having numerous players for numerous formations and line ups.

You're the 2nd person to comment on his refusal to sign any loan players. Is there a quote from

NP somewhere saying this as I dont recall it.

Im not NP biggest fan, but sacking him would be a backward step. Look at teams this season on their third manager!!

Last night not only were some of the players off their game so was Nigel. He should have changed it early doors! He must have seen that his wingers were being doubled up against, with no space.

He should have just changed it for a bit, by getting Nugent out wide, allowing Knockheart to have a free role just behind Wood!

Lets draw a line on a poor night, and get to Blackpool and give the team our full backing on Saturday!!

hilarious. genuinely hilarious. completely rebuild a team with generally quality signings, reducing the wage bill, get in to the top two, play good football. sure, have a few flaws but not anything worrying. there's more clowns following this team than at a Ronald McDonald convention.

Why would we want to get rid of the man that has brought us stability, and built the team up? All personal opinion, of course, but regardless of whether we get promoted this season or not, I wouldn't want to see Pearson leave. Can't be bothered for all the manager changing again, we've been through that era once. Pearson has twice built us up to be a dominant force in the division.

Thanks for the post.

Many on here say his stubborn attitude is and will be his ultimate downfall. Do you disagree with this or are you happy with how he runs things?

Yes but not dominant enough to get us promoted. It was his naive tactics that cost us the playoffs against Cardiff and it's his tactics ( or lack of ) that is going to doom us to yet another year in the 2nd division ( sorry " championship " )

Completely agree that his tactics are naive at times. Is this a failing exclusive to NP?

Thanks for the post.

Truly excellent and balanced read.

I don't think he is refusing to sign loan players at all, and I can't find any concrete evidence to prove that anyway. There obviously aren't players available who he thinks would fit in/make us better. Wholeheartedly disagree with "Pearson out" though. He's taken us from Sven's mess and serious potential problems for FFP to a team who is challenging for promotion under a smaller wage bill and with what I think is a much better team. To dismantle that now, or even at the end of the season, would be detrimental to the club. Even if we don't get promoted, imagine the position we are in for next year. If we could keep the team together and not lose key players e.g Nuge, Knockeart etc and have Nigel who has moulded this team and bought these players, then with 2 or 3 additions we could be a formidable force next year. He has taken us from doom and gloom to hope and expectation twice and I respect the man for it! Still, like all of us he still has areas to improve on (tactically etc) but I think he can do that while being with us

Archived