Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Pearson out. Realistic?

Yes, he has done a fantastic job. There's no other way of looking at it. We've not had as good a season as this for ten years. That's a fact. Pearson took a team full of mercenaries and underperformers, moved players on, cut the wage bill and brought in better players for less money - that's also a fact. Pearson has us playing good, attacking football while having the meanest defence in the league. Another fact.

These other managers at other clubs 'look to be getting better' - yeah, they've all climbed above us in the table, must be because they're getting better and we're getting worse. Or maybe it's due to the fact that they've all played two more games than us. You can't judge us or Pearson for not being above these teams in the table when we've not had the same opportunities to get points on the board as they have. It's nonsense. And how you can say we're getting worse when we've had a couple of dodgy results off the back of a 5 game winning run is ridiculous. Having a blip every now and then is frustrating, but it happens. It's natural to be a bit frustrated, but to suggest that its because the team is 'getting worse' is just daft, the league table shows we're where we are because we have a good team - they're not just going to turn shit. I don't think it's any surprise that our form has turned since two players who were key to our recent winning run (Wood & James) got injured and had to sit out for a while, now they're back and once they've had a game or two I would expect things to get back to normal.

I usually agree with a lot of the stuff you post, but you're wrong on this one I'm afraid.

The point I was making, quite simply was that, compared to the aforementioned managers, Pearson has not done as well.

He's done well, sure, but not yet as well.

They are above us in the table.

Points in the bag is crucial. They have them, we don't.

Now should the situation change and we go ahead of these sides, particularly in the final analysis, ill accept your'e correct.

But for now, Nige has done a good job, but that's all.

These other teams have momentum, they are scoring for fun. WE appear to have gone off the boil, like Middlesborough. This trend must be reversed quickly or all hope of automatic promotion (the indicator of a REALLY good manager IMO) will evaporate.

Yes, every team has it's blips in this league of course - probably more so than in all the other three leagues put together! C.Palace hit a rocky patch this side of the New Year and looked to be fading away from the promotion race altogther but with three wins strung together they've now climbed above us again. We're just in what we can hope is only a mini slump and it's not the first time this season - and probably won't be the last either! Middlesbrough are the other team in that dip too but they have been for some time.

Cardiff aside, I think the top six will all be in musical chairs mode between now and May - and even the Taffs have had their lead cut to 5 points now after a couple of recent dodgy results! More depressing for us perhaps is the fact that we were building up a nice little gap between us and 7th place when we were sitting nicely in second spot just after beating Wolves when going into this month but two poor results to lowly opposition (shades of last season there for sure!) has ledft us looking over our shoulder again now. One can only hope we can start to turn it around at Blackpool on Saturday now.....and if we don't we could do the unthinkable and even start to drop from the play off picture down to our more accustomed (in recent seasons) 9th or 10th again - which would be disastrous for us now, all things considered!

The point I was making, quite simply was that, compared to the aforementioned managers, Pearson has not done as well.

He's done well, sure, but not yet as well.

They are above us in the table.

Points in the bag is crucial. They have them, we don't.

Now should the situation change and we go ahead of these sides, particularly in the final analysis, ill accept your'e correct.

But for now, Nige has done a good job, but that's all.

These other teams have momentum, they are scoring for fun. WE appear to have gone off the boil, like Middlesborough. This trend must be reversed quickly or all hope of automatic promotion (the indicator of a REALLY good manager IMO) will evaporate.

The point people have made more simply (by dint of being factually correct) is that you have it round your neck. Your interpretation of the facts doesn't make sense. Crucial bit: THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE PLAYED MORE GAMES. They haven't done better, they have played more games. They haven't won games in hand, they have played more games. They haven't invented a clever way to win more points, they (wait for it) have played more games.

If we lose the next two, then they'll have done better, not the other way round. Importantly, even if we go on to lose the games in hand, you're still wrong at this point in time. How can this be so complicated?

We have lost a bit of ground on Hull, but that's it-and since you thought top 10 at the start of the season, play offs a bonus, NP has done better than you expected. He certainly has not been outperformed by the people you suggest. You don't have to apologise, just stop repeating your error. Please.

The point people have made more simply (by dint of being factually correct) is that you have it round your neck. Your interpretation of the facts doesn't make sense. Crucial bit: THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE PLAYED MORE GAMES. They haven't done better, they have played more games. They haven't won games in hand, they have played more games. They haven't invented a clever way to win more points, they (wait for it) have played more games.

If we lose the next two, then they'll have done better, not the other way round. Importantly, even if we go on to lose the games in hand, you're still wrong at this point in time. How can this be so complicated?

We have lost a bit of ground on Hull, but that's it-and since you thought top 10 at the start of the season, play offs a bonus, NP has done better than you expected. He certainly has not been outperformed by the people you suggest. You don't have to apologise, just stop repeating your error. Please.

You're spot on. I predicted 7th with the squad Pearson had assembled. So he's doing better than I personally expected. Things changed IMO with the signing of Wood.

We could argue till the cows come home about games in hand. We have to win them to get back up there. We'll see if we do.

However, a couple of weeks ago, the forum was crammed with Pearson is fantastic, top two is nailed on and all that gubbins.

I say to you one last time, Pearson has done ok. For now, that's it..

And given the resources and time that the managers of the clubs around us have had, I think they've done better than we have. Especially Steve Bruce at Dull who has turned the club around and Zola who has Watford playing some lovely football.

At this present juncture anyway...

This could all change and the opinion of Indie Rich could be spot on, or I could be.. Time will be the teller.

Especially Steve Bruce at Dull

Now I like Bruce, I was one of the few who said he was a good manager when he went there. In fact I believe I said I would have had him here over Pearson... but he was hardly taking over a crisis club. He was taking over a club with a good squad core built up by a certain other manager. He's also spent more this season than NP has since his return when you take into account sales Pearson has made.

Similarly Cardiff have lavished over £11m this season alone on top of £2.5m last season under MM.

Steve Bruce at Dull

I am shocked and appalled, sir.

Now I like Bruce, I was one of the few who said he was a good manager when he went there. In fact I believe I said I would have had him here over Pearson... but he was hardly taking over a crisis club. He was taking over a club with a good squad core built up by a certain other manager. He's also spent more this season than NP has since his return when you take into account sales Pearson has made.

Similarly Cardiff have lavished over £11m this season alone on top of £2.5m last season under MM.

Thank you for taking Nigel off our hands. He almost killed my passion for football.

I don't get the financial argument, I really don't. I'd have thought there is NO championship side who have spent more money over the past couple of seasons on signings than we have.

It's a blip. It's a tinpot league where teams can lose 3 and plummet, win three and look like champions. Don't get to excited when we win, don't get too down when we lose and you'll be fine.

The fact is Pearson has pulled together an under-performing bunch and added quality for a FRACTION of what Eriksson paid out. £5M for Mills was more than he paid for Morgan, Knockaert, Drinkwater, James, De Laet and Wood put together.

We've got one of the best GDs in the league and the best defences and two games in hand but suddenly we lose to Posh and Charlton and it's disaster. I'd prefer to look at the style of football we're playing, the goals we're scoring, the relatively low amount of money we've spent and the spirit amongst the players over two crap results against two of the lower table dregs when judging our manager.

Get a grip.

Oxfordfox83

You sure? If we win our 2 games in hand the gap will still be smaller than it was prior to the 2 defeats and perhaps more importantly Watfords goal difference is now almost as good as ours.

We won't win our two games in hand. The psychology's wrong. Pearson's been riding his luck with his have what we hold tactics against rated opposition and even if we get the lead in our games in hand I doubt we'll be stable enough to defend it. I've mentioned so many times that it's attention to detail that will make the difference in the end and we've not used our time at the top to improve on the details Quite the contrary. We've become slipshod even with our strengths. All the momentum is with our opponents.

We won't win our two games in hand. The psychology's wrong. Pearson's been riding his luck with his have what we hold tactics against rated opposition and even if we get the lead in our games in hand I doubt we'll be stable enough to defend it. I've mentioned so many times that it's attention to detail that will make the difference in the end and we've not used our time at the top to improve on the details Quite the contrary. We've become slipshod even with our strengths. All the momentum is with our opponents at the moment.

I don't get the financial argument, I really don't. I'd have thought there is NO championship side who have spent more money over the past couple of seasons on signings than we have.

You don't get the argument? Most of the money spent was spunked up the wall by Sven, why does someone else's shite signings count?

We won't win our two games in hand. The psychology's wrong. Pearson's been riding his luck with his have what we hold tactics against rated opposition and even if we get the lead in our games in hand I doubt we'll be stable enough to defend it. I've mentioned so many times that it's attention to detail that will make the difference in the end and we've not used our time at the top to improve on the details Quite the contrary. We've become slipshod even with our strengths. All the momentum is with our opponents.

I don't expect us to win both games either but you have to appear to be positive or your entire argument gets ignored on here.

The fact is Pearson has pulled together an under-performing bunch and added quality for a FRACTION of what Eriksson paid out. £5M for Mills was more than he paid for Morgan, Knockaert, Drinkwater, James, De Laet and Wood put together.

You sure about that?

Nobody seems too sure what we paid for Knockaert.

You don't get the argument? Most of the money spent was spunked up the wall by Sven, why does someone else's shite signings count?

You said 'a club in crisis'... Do you really consider we were a 'club in crisis'?

I'd suggest we were a club that Sven made a Fook up of, but a 'club in crisis'?

That's a big statement to be fair.

Thanks for giving us him back, been horrible bashing teams by 6 goals and you by three.

I believe you mean 'team' in the singular, and you also didn't 'bash' us by three.

But hey, if you're happy being 5th on the basis that you beat the team in 2nd six months ago, that's your prerogative

I'm not gloating, I've already made it clear that I think Leicester will get second spot. I'm just asking if beating us is really worth having to endure Pearson?

What, enduring being in the top 6 for most of the season? Pretty hard life that.

I don't get Hull's problem with Nige. He did a fantastic job for you and turned you right around, just like he has with us.

So no, we don't have to ENDURE anything.

Archived