Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
desertfox86

Will it ever be easy being a leicester fan?

As soon as it looks like all is good we go on a losing streak... Leicester and England, stuck with both for life is it too much to ask to focking win something or for city to get prem again.

Better than this time last year though, we can still do it just running out of time...

What's wrong? We don't concede many and have nuge and wood up top. Got to be width surely? Middle of the park?

Well wolves probably have the best squad in the league and where are they? The best player aswell in sako. Just because we have wood and nugent up front doesn't mean anything. City have better players than united but there second.

Behave. Bellamy? Vydra? Zaha?

It's incredibly easy right now. Top six, the owners haven't felt the need to do anything that is too drastic (à la Cardiff), no relegation fears like previous seasons, a very good manager and scouting team, a squad full of very young players who are either going to be doing a superb job for us in the near future or are going to be sold for a decent profit and will fund more signings. Anyone who thinks it's tough to be a Leicester fan right now is insane.

It's incredibly easy right now. Top six, the owners haven't felt the need to do anything that is too drastic (à la Cardiff), no relegation fears like previous seasons, a very good manager and scouting team, a squad full of very young players who are either going to be doing a superb job for us in the near future or are going to be sold for a decent profit and will fund more signings. Anyone who thinks it's tough to be a Leicester fan right now is insane.

What have Cardiff done that's drastic?

Phone is making it difficult to quote so apologies for the double postings. Building a team/bringing in young players etc I get your point on that but what happens if we did get promoted? If the young players we have can't beat charlton, Huddersfield etc then they are not going to be able to do anything against the likes of Man u, Man city, Chelsea etc next season if do go up. It pains me to say it and I hope I'm wrong but I think we have been found out.

Phone is making it difficult to quote so apologies for the double postings. Building a team/bringing in young players etc I get your point on that but what happens if we did get promoted? If the young players we have can't beat charlton, Huddersfield etc then they are not going to be able to do anything against the likes of Man u, Man city, Chelsea etc next season if do go up. It pains me to say it and I hope I'm wrong but I think we have been found out.

I don't know, plenty of clubs have surprised people following promotion to the Premier League and there's no reason we can't do the same. But even if we come back down then we'll have still benefited financially and I'm sure one or two will have done well enough to get the attention of decent sized clubs. If we're worrying about whether or not our players are good enough to compete in the Premier League then things can't be that bad, I'm sure there are a lot of fans of clubs who would find the suggestion that it's tough to be a Leicester fan frankly insulting.

If something is easy, its probably not worth doing.

I might encourage my boy to be a Maidstone fan though - so that he sees regular football. Truth be told I can barely afford to go myself, or at least barely justify the time and money with the travel, so to take him would be worse.

I don't know, plenty of clubs have surprised people following promotion to the Premier League and there's no reason we can't do the same. But even if we come back down then we'll have still benefited financially and I'm sure one or two will have done well enough to get the attention of decent sized clubs. If we're worrying about whether or not our players are good enough to compete in the Premier League then things can't be that bad, I'm sure there are a lot of fans of clubs who would find the suggestion that it's tough to be a Leicester fan frankly insulting.

True. Frustration probably part of my comments.

Well we're Leicester not Man U. We're going to have some shit times for the rest of our existence. I know we've had more than our fair share in recent years but the bottom line is if winning and losing is the be-all and end-all then yes, supporting Leicester will be difficult forever.

It'd probably be a lot easier if our fans were passionate and reasonable instead of whinging ******. And also if we played in a quality stadium. I actually wouldn't mind us being shit if I could say I'm one of the Leicester fans with a bit of pride and go down every other week to an inspiring theatre of sport where I felt part of something, like I did at times when I first started going.

Getting promotion soon will be far more likely.

People need to wake up. Corky said it earlier, 10 years ago we may not even have existed. Now we have amazing owners, good young manager, good set of players. This set up is for the future, not just for now.

Those expecting immediate promotion and dominance over teams need to take a reality check. I'd rather it take us another 4 years to get promoted and be stable, than get promoted, take a scatter gun approach to signing overrated expensive players and yo to between leagues.

We need to be patient, we need to earn it. Not buy it.

People need to wake up. Corky said it earlier, 10 years ago we may not even have existed. Now we have amazing owners, good young manager, good set of players. This set up is for the future, not just for now.

Those expecting immediate promotion and dominance over teams need to take a reality check. I'd rather it take us another 4 years to get promoted and be stable, than get promoted, take a scatter gun approach to signing overrated expensive players and yo to between leagues.

We need to be patient, we need to earn it. Not buy it.

We've not been in the Prem for years. We have money and have spent a fortune. We are a big club with a big fan base.

How many more years will you give it? Or are you happy to accept life in the Championship for the next 10 years?

oh my god, the premiership is the promised land, we must be there as soon as possible aaaaagggghhhh. football has no point any more other than getting into the amazing premiership to play against west brom and Norwich and get 30 seconds on match of the day. relax, this right here and now is what football is all about, battling it out with a bit of hope and excitement!

Archived