Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
desertfox86

Will it ever be easy being a leicester fan?

We've not been in the Prem for years. We have money and have spent a fortune. We are a big club with a big fan base.

How many more years will you give it? Or are you happy to accept life in the Championship for the next 10 years?

Naturally, I would like City to play in the highest league possible. But I don't want to see us get promoted whilst we aren't ready, then get relegated straight away. Stability is key. We also need to be patient with it. Or y'know. Get a manager like Sven and take a scatter gun approach to get into the Premiership immediately.

We've not been in the Prem for years. We have money and have spent a fortune. We are a big club with a big fan base.

How many more years will you give it? Or are you happy to accept life in the Championship for the next 10 years?

It's not a matter of being happy to accept life in the championship, it's a case of we (fans) have no choice.The owners have tried a big name manager and throwing money at players and we went backwards. We're in a good position now and have the best team we've had in years but we're not guaranteed promotion, nobody is, that's the nature of sport.

If we go up great, if we don't we'll still all be fans. The division we're in is immaterial.

It's not a matter of being happy to accept life in the championship, it's a case of we (fans) have no choice.The owners have tried a big name manager and throwing money at players and we went backwards. We're in a good position now and have the best team we've had in years but we're not guaranteed promotion, nobody is, that's the nature of sport.

If we go up great, if we don't we'll still all be fans. The division we're in is immaterial.

:thumbup:

Good post as usual Webbo

Best season for a decade, 6 points from automatics with 2 games in hand, we win all of our remaining games we go up. Fact!

We really do have a bunch of moaning minnies on this forum, 16 points from our last 8 games, and yet people still complain.

To be honest when we got relegated under Holloway that could've been the end of us but we've come a long way since then. Yes we're still fighting for the elusive PL place but even if we don't get promoted we could be in a lot worse position! Let's just enjoy us challenging at the right half of the table!

:thumbup:

Good post as usual Webbo

Absolutely and many of us appreciate the progress that's been made, the reasons for it and the potential for the future. That doesn't mean sitting back and accepting the things we're doing wrong. In sport it is all about improvement and paying attention to the little things that - along with the big things - may make the difference between genuine success and being "nearly" men.

We're so close to being good enough for promotion at Leicester and yet we've lost something lately. We've stopped being the exciting team that climbed to the top of the table and yet we surely have a stronger squad. This isn't about individuals either. What we seem to have lost is the vital ingredients for any success - confidence and absolute belief in what we're doing.

Yesterday we were invited to take three points with a penalty but committed the cardinal sin of not even hitting the target. We missed another sitter that offered us a second chance. A confident team doesn't do that. There's a clinical ruthlessness about confident teams and when they miss one chance they sure as the seasons take another. Whatever the situation they believe they'll have chance to win every game and are ready to pounce whenever the opportunities arise.

But we're unsure. It's as if we're scared to completely break free from our comfort zone. You can see that Pearson wants to attack but the more the pressure mounts - in indivdual games or in the situation generally - the less certain of that philosophy he, or the team, becomes.

We don't seem to completely trust in ourselves and try to hedge in various ways. In certain circumstances it means we don't commit ourselves wholeheartedly. We concede ground we don't have to and we don't get enough people forward fast enough when we get possession. It's so clear it makes you want to weep at times.

Pearson is a natural-born professional. He's not a risk taker. Yet sooner or later he'll have to instil the ruthlessness necessary to set us apart from our rivals and that, as so many things, lies with the right psychological input.

Best season for a decade, 6 points from automatics with 2 games in hand, we win all of our remaining games we go up. Fact!

We really do have a bunch of moaning minnies on this forum, 16 points from our last 8 games, and yet people still complain.

8 points from automatics

Yes the last few weeks have been tough and this season really has had some sparkling highs and some abject lows. Normally in little bunches of games.

But compared to relegation to L1, obviously a turning point in the clubs history in hindsight. The last couple of pearson seasons have been so much better in so many ways, than the 4 years or so treading water in this division that we had after relegation from the top flight.

I want us to go up and stay up and see if we can match or better what MON achieved but in a way i think that era has created the fan base and expectation we have now.

But if being in and around the top 6 is the alternative it sure beats the shit we had and the life being sucked out of the club before pearson turned up the 1st time.

Aw shit, you're right, we're dooooomed, all doooomed!!!!

Rather than this nonsense...

Isn't ANYONE actually pretty pissed off that we are now off the pace?

We've had a cracking chance here to push on and get top two.

Is everyone really so accepting of this blip.

I know we don't have any choice, and it's not over.. But seriously, everyone seems so accepting of this poor run of late...

Little bewildering.. It's almost as if 'being a true fan' means not being able to question, in the eyes of many.

Rather than this nonsense...

Isn't ANYONE actually pretty pissed off that we are now off the pace?

We've had a cracking chance here to push on and get top two.

Is everyone really so accepting of this blip.

I know we don't have any choice, and it's not over.. But seriously, everyone seems so accepting of this poor run of late...

Little bewildering.. It's almost as if 'being a true fan' means not being able to question, in the eyes of many.

I think everybody is entitled to question it if they want to Col. I personally am accepting of putting down as a blip but I share and can understand people's frustration that we have dropped off a bit.

Hopefully we learn from our mistakes and regain the good form we have shown for the majority of the season

No.

In a strange way, i've always enjoyed it aswell, it's made me feel a 'stronger' football fan, more loyal, more 'superior' to your average glory hunter, as others have said it makes successes feel even more sweeter.

However, I feel I am losing touch, I am questioning if i've had enough of it all, My loyalty is being tested, I'm not sure if it's because i'm simply getting older, growing up, or whether the frustration is getting too much and i've seen it all before so why bother.

I've had the latter feeling for most of this season (And lets be honest on a whole this season has been pretty good, despite the frustrating times.) but I certainly felt it very strongly last season, I doubt i'd have renewed my season ticket after last season if I was talked round into giving it one more season, I really don't know whether I am going to renew for next season, I probably will but at this current moment I wouldn't bother.

Whether I renew my season ticket or not I'd never turn my back on the club, but I could certainly take a step back not bother going every week, not having as much involvement and doubt i'd miss it too much.

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Many will disagree but I'd be bored out of my brain supporting a team like united

Just me then...... lol

To right would hate it to expect to win every week like the top 4 teams in prem, when we do win i go f**kin mad and if we lose feel sh*t for a couple of days.If you watch man poo their fans hardly celebrate when they score, would never channge how i feel. :scarf:

Archived