Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mythyaar

Abusive Chants

I think the only time that I've felt ashamed was down Bristol City last season and the abuse that some of the fans gave David James.

Some of that was horrible.

However, 99% of the chants we sing, IMO are acceptable. Most are hilarious.

"Your sister's your mother..." "Coventry Slums" "Sheep Shaggers" are all hilarious.

They're not! Trust me.

Take off your hat,

Take off your haaaaaat,

This isn't rugby,

Take off your hat.

Great chant that day. It's definitely the slightly bizarre and you're right, a bit silly in general, chants that always make me chuckle.

'Shoes off if you love Leicester' when we were 3-0 down within minutes at Sheff U years ago coupled with the sight of a majority of our away following waving their shoes and banging them together in crap weather still raises a smile. Some did it before and loads since but the randomness of it at the time was fantastic.

Guest Foxin_mad

So you can't tell the difference then. Fair enough....... :rolleyes:

Good post. I'll just add that banter is not meant to be taken seriously, abuse is something else, as so often it is the intent that makes the difference. Some people still can't tell the difference though....... :dunno:

Going well till the last couple of lines..... :(

As I said above, abuse is about intent. Calling someone fat with 'intent' is not acceptable, describing someone as fat in another context may simply be stating a fact........ :thumbup:

Quite often the chant is sung a long the lines of you fat *&%£ which I personally do not have a problem with BUT some might do. The same could be said that observing someone's sexuality or race is not actually offensive, Its really only when something derogatory is said that it become a problem. I am very much a believer in 'sticks and stones' to be honest, but mindless thuggery is just pure stupidity and unacceptable 'Im gonna smash summit coz its well fun', I just don't understand that mentality, it generally makes the area worse, costs money that would be better spent elsewhere and just shows how thick some people are. Much like people who drop litter on the floor and let their dog crap, if everyone did that we would live in filth and quite often we do.........who the hell do they think is going to tidy up after them??

Anyone unable to tell the difference between the witty (part of football but at the same time abusive) chants such as 'He's not your real dad!' and to a lesser extent 'Daddy's boy!' and the not particularly abusive but offensive to my ears and completely not part of football 'We'll shit on your mums' needs to sort themselves out.

'You'll get your fvcking heads kicked in as you walk down Filbert Street' - threatening, but traditional and football related = 'part of football'

'We'll smash up your town' - threatening, completely pathetic and almost certainly bullshit = not 'part of football'

On a more serious note, I heard racist abuse aimed at Thomas Ince and Wes Morgan from the Leicester end on Saturday. Not sure who it was, but there was a group of utter ****** about 5 rows behind me where one guy first called Ince the N-word after about 75 minutes.

I'm sure some retard from the same group then called Morgan an ape and remarked to his mate he'd be up there if there was a banana tree.

I spoke to a Copper, who wasn't in a particularly helpful mood, after the game but he said he couldn't do anything unless I could pinpoint who it was. By this point the group had left.

Completely ruined the game for me. Never thought I'd hear Leicester fans spouting racial diatribe at a game. Shameful.

Oh it's definitely around. I've had two instances myself. Forest in the cup away last season, person behind me asked why Beckford 'is so shit' to which the response was 'because he's a N-word, a lazy fckin n-word'

And against Peterborough a couple of weeks ago the lovely man who told their goalkeeper to 'go back to Poland and get gassed.'

There are some scumbags who go to the football, always will be. Scum breeds scum.

The problem is offence, given out or received is subjective, and what is offensive to one is not to another, there was an interesting thing on the news today about Rangers proposing a safe song book for their fans to avoid singing sectarian songs. Not sure if that would work, and if the fans would pay any attention to it, or if "We'll shit on your mum" would be allowed.

Quite often the chant is sung a long the lines of you fat *&%£ which I personally do not have a problem with BUT some might do. The same could be said that observing someone's sexuality or race is not actually offensive, Its really only when something derogatory is said that it become a problem. I am very much a believer in 'sticks and stones' to be honest, but mindless thuggery is just pure stupidity and unacceptable 'Im gonna smash summit coz its well fun', I just don't understand that mentality, it generally makes the area worse, costs money that would be better spent elsewhere and just shows how thick some people are. Much like people who drop litter on the floor and let their dog crap, if everyone did that we would live in filth and quite often we do.........who the hell do they think is going to tidy up after them??

I think we can sort out the first post quite simply, there is a principle in law that allows a judgement to be made on what a 'reasonable person' might think. Judges are usually quite sensible about this but on occasion they can be swayed by excessively 'PC' arguments, particularly in 'sensitive' cases such as racism.

Personally, if people are too stupid to understand the difference between banter and real abuse then quite frankly, I don't care what they think.

The second more general point is actually quite troubling if you think about it. It is a huge change in the demographic of the country, brought about by the bright, intelligent people who plan their families being massively outbred by the feckless and uneducated.

We already have a large group of people who can not and will not support themselves and their families whom ordinary working people have to pay for by their excessive taxes.

Sorry for the rant...... :blush:

Great chant that day. It's definitely the slightly bizarre and you're right, a bit silly in general, chants that always make me chuckle.

'Shoes off if you love Leicester' when we were 3-0 down within minutes at Sheff U years ago coupled with the sight of a majority of our away following waving their shoes and banging them together in crap weather still raises a smile. Some did it before and loads since but the randomness of it at the time was fantastic.

I remember that. Ollie came out with a pair of trainers and waved them in the air and we loved it. Shame he turned out to be a knob.

Exactly, where do you draw the line at abusive? Calling the Ref a willy puller? Calling the oppositions Keeper shit every time he takes a goal kick?

Chants like that are part and parcel of Football. Get used to it.

gotta say i feel stupid singing this chant, doesn't even make sense.

The lad has dedicated his life to football and has got tremendous talent and gets abusive like 'your shit' embarrassing tbh

swear we are the only club iv'e heard do it?

The lad has dedicated his life to football and has got tremendous talent and gets abusive like 'your shit' embarrassing tbh

Have you been to any away grounds? Everyone does it. We're one of the only ones who say "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo twat! you're shit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Wolves go "You fat bastard". All clubs do it. Just a variation of it.

Have you been to any away grounds? Everyone does it. We're one of the only ones who say "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo twat! you're shit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Wolves go "You fat bastard". All clubs do it. Just a variation of it.

just think its stupid

Sensitive soul arn't you. :blink:

haha. at work some colleagues were discussing ; is fingering still the done thing? does it take place any more? like when you're in a club is it what girls want from a night out? to be fingered behind the bins round the back? and then you'd go and shove two fingers in your mates face saying "have a smell of them bad boys"

i've gone too far

haha. at work some colleagues were discussing ; is fingering still the done thing? does it take place any more? like when you're in a club is it what girls want from a night out? to be fingered behind the bins round the back? and then you'd go and shove two fingers in your mates face saying "have a smell of them bad boys"

i've gone too far

Not far enough in my opinion. :thumbup:

Loved the jimmy saville chant today,

hes jimmy saville, he shagged all your kids!

No doubt some sensitive souls on here were offended though!

Leeds away was better...

"They're here, they're there, they're every ****ing where saville's kids."

Loved the jimmy saville chant today,

hes jimmy saville, he shagged all your kids!

No doubt some sensitive souls on here were offended though!

Thing is a few songs about certain Turkish fans carrying knives and they'd be crying..

To be fair, the chant the night has to go to Leeds. I was in a pretty shit mood at the time; tired, pissed off with the performance. But the we're Leeds united, we glow in the dark was one of the most genuinely funny spontaneous chants I've heard for a while. I was actually laughing out loud.

Other than that, they were generally c****. l

To be fair, the chant the night has to go to Leeds. I was in a pretty shit mood at the time; tired, pissed off with the performance. But the we're Leeds united, we glow in the dark was one of the most genuinely funny spontaneous chants I've heard for a while. I was actually laughing out loud.

They've been singing that for a while, because of their old third kit. Was very funny tonight though and at a point where some of our fans were really starting to piss me off. They were fantastic as they usually are tonight, I'm not exactly a big fan of Leeds supporters, but they're entertaining.

I agree with the glow in the dark but all they kept singing was MOT. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN... :|

Archived