Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mythyaar

Abusive Chants

It's not banter, it isn't funny. It's abusive and it discredits Leicester City.

Are you new to Football by any chance? Every single club up and down the country sings the same songs if not worse. Thank god you don't support Millwall.

No, I've supported the Foxes for 45 years and been to plenty of games. Where do you draw the line? Personally, "we'll sh*t on your mum" or "we'll smash up your town" goes beyond the pale, there's no humour there...just mindless threats. It isn't humorous, or am missing the point here?! Just my opinion, but I felt uncomfortable hearing that, and embarrassed.

Don't tell me we are getting to politically correct chants?!

Some of the abusive ones are the best! its part of the culture - no one takes them seriously or personally ( well i don't think so anyway).

I can remember some real classics from the 80s...

Don't tell me we are getting to politically correct chants?!

Some of the abusive ones are the best! its part of the culture - no one takes them seriously or personally ( well i don't think so anyway).

I can remember some real classics from the 80s...

Some of the abusive ones certainly are the best (tiptoe is a favourite)-but almost exclusively those with a bit of wit to them. I don't the OP is concerned that offence might be caused, just that it isn't funny, clever or interesting, and makes us sound like morons. Sing it by all means, but why would you?

I'm sure "Blackpools a shithole, I want to go home" was sung - but thats offensive also isn't it?

We only get Shit refs...offensive...

Oooooooooh TWAT, you're shit ahhhhhhh...offensive....

You Fat bastard...

Wheres your caravan...

Shall we all sit down in silence instead? Would that make you happier?

WTF is this we'll shit on your mum thing all about.

Have to say maybe it's funny to someone, but unless I've missed the joke, then I just don't see the point.

Some of the idiots I had to put up with on the train on the way back from posh the other week, really made me ashamed to support Leicester City.

Smoking, Smoking Weed, Smashing up the train, one lad who had taken a ball home as a keep sake, even chucked it in some old guys face, a fellow city fan as well, then started gobbing off at him, I mean really, I wish I was a hard nut travelling in a group of 40 or 50 I would have loved to give him a taste of his own vile medicine.

Soap box put away.

No, I've supported the Foxes for 45 years and been to plenty of games. Where do you draw the line? Personally, "we'll sh*t on your mum" or "we'll smash up your town" goes beyond the pale, there's no humour there...just mindless threats. It isn't humorous, or am missing the point here?! Just my opinion, but I felt uncomfortable hearing that, and embarrassed.

Think you need to get over it mate, i'd rather us sing stupid, bizarre (whatever you want to call them) songs and make noise than sing nothing at all

Love singing, as does my lad to the "right side over here" "follow follow" etc, great stuff and love to get involved in that!! And appreciate it's all panto stuff particularly, "you're sh*t aahh" "the referee's a w*nker" etc, and part and parcel of the game: I can see the humorous element to that and I really don't think anyone takes offence by them. Just don't think the other comments I didn't appreciate show the fans in a particularly good light, you could call it unoriginal, humourless, mindless, moronic. Others may call it banter. Maybe it even agitated some of the overly aggressive security on the day that led to quite a few people getting chucked out...maybe not.

This is the problem with football now adays, it's become nice, this used to be a working mans game, that yes people swearing and the fans were territorial, but I don't see a problem. If some sectors of supporters don't like it, don't go, if they just want to go and clap and sing nice songs, following rugby teams are always a safe bet.

Love singing, as does my lad to the "right side over here" "follow follow" etc, great stuff and love to get involved in that!! And appreciate it's all panto stuff particularly, "you're sh*t aahh" "the referee's a w*nker" etc, and part and parcel of the game: I can see the humorous element to that and I really don't think anyone takes offence by them. Just don't think the other comments I didn't appreciate show the fans in a particularly good light, you could call it unoriginal, humourless, mindless, moronic. Others may call it banter. Maybe it even agitated some of the overly aggressive security on the day that led to quite a few people getting chucked out...maybe not.

To be honest, I think the overzealous stewarding that was part of the problem actually. It without a doubt got most of the right side irate, who were pretty lairy to start with. I didn't start any of the 'abusive' chants, but when a steward tried throwing me out for absolutely nothing, I was aiming most of them at Blackpool's stewards. Christ only knows what they'd do if 2,000 Millwall fans ever show up there for a game...

Archived