Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mythyaar

Abusive Chants

Racist abuse is plain wrong. Personal violence and vandalism is also unacceptable. Give teenagers a few beers/weed and they will always think they are invincible - thinking poking fun at people/smashing trains is really funny. This kind of stuff needs to be stopped but it takes people with real courage to stop it.

Been living abroad now for nearly 10 years, you get the same banter at football games, how PSG are camel "sh@ggers" and how people from Metz have a predilection for their sisters.

What you don't see is vandalism and personal physical or verbal abuse. People seem to handle the alcohol better but they still have their piss heads as we do.

Banter is good - the line is difficult but in the end if its funny without being Racist or personal its cool (in my view).

Well compared to many, atleast i acknowledge it as an issue, which is a start. If you think there is a solution, please do bring to the fore!! :thumbup:

I totally agree about not having a solution! But just because i dont have a solution doesnt mean we should do nothing, and just say "Nah it's ok. It's just what happens in football init"

I totally agree about not having a solution! But just because i dont have a solution doesnt mean we should do nothing, and just say "Nah it's ok. It's just what happens in football init"

I'm not saying it's ok, but what should we do, I have control over my own actions, the authorities on the game have no appetite, so what can the little man do????????

Nah,

If people are racist/homophobic then they are racist/homophobic, football or no.

Most people are neither but very few have the balls to stand up to those who are.

Apathy is the real enemy.

Agreed, but football has given them a mouth piece to propogate there disgusting views!!!

I'm not saying it's ok, but what should we do, I have control over my own actions, the authorities on the game have no appetite, so what can the little man do????????

I agree with you man, It has to come from the powers that be. Maybe it's just all the Chavy, Hooligan type knobheads who do it!

I think this is an interesting topic. Just telling the OP to 'get used to it' isn't really the point. I think he's saying we're better than that, or can be better than that. Sure you know there's going to be plenty of swearing at football, that's fine, it's when it's expressed as hatred that it just becomes, frankly, a bit embarrassing and pathetic. And for the record, I love a bit of 'you're shit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah'. Very much liked the 'team of Barry Hayles' and the 'Daddy's boy' stuff directed at Ince. Especially the 'he's not your real Dad' line. In my head I'd have liked the next line to be 'Giggs is your real Dad' etc.

In all fairness I have heard racist chants this season but not from leicester fans, but aimed at our Asian population, which is unacceptable, but never saw any arrests or fans being evicted from the away end. But going back to the original post, it's put across like its a leicester problem, if you were there did you not take offence when the blackpool fans sang " your only here for the gay bars" , very homophobic but nobody has mentioned it. You will proberly find the ' abusive' chants were in reply to chants from their fans or because the blackpool football club is a disgrace, that we will sell you tickets but if you dare enjoy yourself and jump up and down in a stand that is not safe enough to take it, we will act like a bunch of bullies and throw out anybody who is not a statue.

We'll shit on your Mums...??..really?..ffs,has GOT to be the worst attempt at making "some noise".

Typical bs from supposed grown men threatening to abuse women..I've heard better banter at my kids playground..total embarrassment.

There's a new chants thread with hundreds of efforts in there which might as well be deleted if that's the best effort...morons..simply morons.

I think you should stick to watching ladies water polo, my friend, this is part of football and I don't think it will be stopping anytime soon!

Just like cheating, diving, match fixing etc. Get used to it..... :rolleyes:

Exactly, where do you draw the line at abusive? Calling the Ref a willy puller? Calling the oppositions Keeper shit every time he takes a goal kick?

Chants like that are part and parcel of Football. Get used to it.

There is pantomime bander (as above) and there is deliberate foul mouthed abuse. You should be able to tell the difference..... :thumbup:

Love singing, as does my lad to the "right side over here" "follow follow" etc, great stuff and love to get involved in that!! And appreciate it's all panto stuff particularly, "you're sh*t aahh" "the referee's a w*nker" etc, and part and parcel of the game: I can see the humorous element to that and I really don't think anyone takes offence by them. Just don't think the other comments I didn't appreciate show the fans in a particularly good light, you could call it unoriginal, humourless, mindless, moronic. Others may call it banter. Maybe it even agitated some of the overly aggressive security on the day that led to quite a few people getting chucked out...maybe not.

This...... :thumbup:

It has been my experience that the most abusive fans are the ones that cause trouble, often with stewards or more importantly other City fans. There are now so many, particularly away from home, that they poison whatever atmosphere there might be so I have given up the 'away end' for decent seats in the stand.

Sad...... :(

I remember being at vicarage road in the eighties and Elton John was on the pitch, a chant got going and you could tell that he heard it, It was .....

ELTON JOHN'S AN HOMOSEXUAL

ELTON JOHN'S AN HOMOSEXUAL

It was hilarious at the time and still makes me chuckle.....but I'm not homophobic it's just banter & I'm sure he saw the funny side!

There is pantomime bander (as above) and there is deliberate foul mouthed abuse. You should be able to tell the difference..... :thumbup:

I don't see how calling a Ref a willy puller because he has done something you don't like is pantomime banter, especially in the tone it has been said. To me that is hypocrisy.

Football grounds are always filled with this kind of chant, Leicester fans sing about people from Coventry fingering their own Nan, thats just whats sung, it will continue to happen. Liverpool fans sing about John Terry's Mum loving Scouse cock. Man United fans sing about Scousers getting a job..

That's Football.

I had to laugh at the thought of people chanting that, it is kinda funny, the idea of shitting on someone's mum is quite funny, but I don't think it should be sung instead of WYS, but unless you take yourself too seriously nobody is going to be offended.

We'll smash up your town is a bit worse as it harks back to the bad old days of hooliganism, but as long as we don't actually smash up their town, then it's not really offensive, a shame we couldn't be a bit more witty, such as "We're going to get pissed and vomit on The Big One!"

These chants are just part of football and as long as they aren't racially abusing anyone there isn't much of a problem

Well, is it just racist abuse that crosses the line?

Sexist? Homophobic? Direct threats (you're going home in an ambulance etc.)?

All of these things are illegal.

What about taking the piss out of tragedies? Munich? Hillsborough? Clough?

It really isn't as black and white as racist bad anything else good.

Well, is it just racist abuse that crosses the line?

Sexist? Homophobic? Direct threats (you're going home in an ambulance etc.)?

All of these things are illegal.

What about taking the piss out of tragedies? Munich? Hillsborough? Clough?

It really isn't as black and white as racist bad anything else good.

:appl:

Guest Foxin_mad

Its endemic of the state of this country in general. It is generally sang by the same people (idiots) who think it is funny (acceptable) to kick the crap out of a bus shelter/phone box, the same ones who will let their kid terrorise an entire estate, beat up old folk for £1, destroy war memorials after remembrance Sunday. Its a sad state of affairs due to years of no discipline and little respect or pride instilled into people, thanks in the main to many years do-gooding. Its not just football its all over. Also it seems that calling fat people is acceptable while racism or homophobia is not?

Archived