Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Player (or maybe overpaid shite) Ratings?

Kasper - 7 Didn't have much to do, kicking was decent.

De Laet - 4 At fault for the goal, wasn't very good going foward.

Morgan - 8 As solid as always but frustration was obvious.

Keane - 8 Very composed

Schlupp - 7 Bit dodgy at the back, but was the only player who ran at people.

Marshall - 4 Every cross was god awful and Kirkland was comfortable dealing with them.

Drinkwater - 5 Didn't know what to do with the ball for the life of him.

King - 4 Gone back to looking very weak and kept losing possession.

Kane - 3 As much a winger as Dyer is a left back.

Nugent - 6 Made the runs but got no service.

Wood - 4 Steve Howard's looking good for his age.

All 6's. Kasper ok but could've saved goal. Full backs had good and bad moments. Centre backs solid enough. Midfield and strikers worked hard but no killer balls and very low on confidence respectfully.

All 6's. Kasper ok but could've saved goal. Full backs had good and bad moments. Centre backs solid enough. Midfield and strikers worked hard but no killer balls and very low on confidence respectfully.

Harry Kane given a 6?

What, out of 100?

lol

Kasper 5 - couple of good saves though one as a direct result of terrible distribution which seems to be a theme recently

De Laet 6 - probably the best attacking threat we had but from where I sat thought he was culpable for Wickham being in an acre of space

Keane 6 - solid enough

Morgan -6 decent but is he a real leader?

Schlupp 6 - couple of good forward runs, they targeted him and he did ok but did look a bit exposed at times

Marshall 3 - head dropped completely after a second terrible corner, shouldn't have come out for second half, needs time out of the squad but no chance given the paper thin nature of it

Drinkwater 3 - slowed us down time after time and decision makin terrible

King 4 - marginally better than DD

Kane 2 - completely ineffective and couldn't believe he missed a second half header. What the hell was he being played wide for ?

Nugent 4 - ran and ran, not his day, nothing worked, and he cut a very frustrated unhappy figure

Wood 2 - a shambles. Jump for **** sake. Wood and Nuge were strangers today.

Gallagher 6 - thought he did ok, not his fault our other forwards couldn't be arsed to break into the box when he might have expected somebody to bother

Knockaert 4 - taking a physical side on single handed is never going to work, at least he seems to care

SSL - good to see him back but unfortunate circumstances. How he will get on against Cardiff worries me though.

Tactics - one dimensional, we have been out thought by pretty much every team we've played since mid January. It's not just a dip, we don't have an answer to how other teams play against us any more. Damn the opposition for using tactics. Pesky rotters.

Schmeichel 6 - One good one on one save... following a kicking fvck up. Could maybe have done better for the goal, need to see it again but considering he got a considerable touch on to it, should have thought he could have pushed it away.

De Laet 7 - MOTM, the only player, OUR RIGHT BACK, who looked like SCORING, all game. Need I say more?

Keane 7 - Untroubled by Lita, the diving rat.

Morgan 7 - See Keane.

Schlupp 6.5 - Did little wrong and good attacking threat.

Marshall 5 - Offered little

King 4 - Did he play?

Drinkwater 4 - So slow.

Kane 2 - Terrible. Not a winger, what is Pearson playing at here?

Nugent 2 - Dog shit once again, extremely lucky to be in the team and we looked 4/5 times better when he didn't play against Blackburn.

Wood 1 - Atrocious, doesn't jump for headers, struggles to hold the ball up and has the pace of a donkey, hopefully just a blip but he looked like a Steve Howard of last season without the desire to do anything or ability to win headers.

Subs 4 - Ineffective, offered little.

Kasper 6.5 (Two vital saves, one from his own mistake and mixed distribution).

DeLaet 6 (Willing and able but left Wickham completely free for the goal).

Morgan 6 (Two ponderous on the ball and too many aimless or mishit passes).

Keane 7.5 (Quality at times).

Schlupp 7 (Made his share of mistakes but also made two vital interceptions and occasionally looked capable of hurting the Wednesday defence given both the opportunity and the support. Unfortuanately he didn't get much of either)..

Marshall 4:(Another disappointing contribution as usual in the physical encounters).

King 7 (The interception of a cross-field pass intended to put our right winger free resulted in a goal some distance down the line but otherwise he did so much to clear up messes, to win loose balls and to set our attack in motion. Hit the woodwork and hardly put a pass wrong.)

Drinkwater 4 (Poor and sometimes tried to make easy things complicated. He rarely threatens going forward and today was no exception.

Kane 2 (That's not being facetious. I can't remember a single thing to give him credit for. Missed an excellent chance but otherwise looked lost out wide and not much better anywhere else)..

Nugent 6:(The mark is mainly for his effort and for spending 90 minutes trying to make something happen even if he ended up failing)..

Wood 2 (I can't guess what's wrong with him but i sure wish he'd get it sorted).

Knockeart 5 (At least showed intent but nothing worked. Looked like a show-jumper trying to leap through an obstacle course but he either fell or hit what was in front of him and never saw the sense in changing his tactics and involving his team-mates. Cost us possession so many times and eventually got drained of belief.

Subs: Not worth commenting on.

Kasper 6: Wasn't bad, but kicking was poor and should have stopped Wickham's goal

De Laet 7: Was an attacking threat everytime he went forward, shame he got injured later on

Morgan 6: Solid defending, but was out of position when he came up front and lost the ball

Keane 7: Another steady performance, he is learning the game quickly as a youngster

Schlupp 6: Did alright considering he came back from his trial

Marshall 5: Set pieces were poor, didn't trouble the opposition much

Drinkwater 4: Too many misplaced passes, got bullied off the ball very easily

King 4: Didn't see much from him, apart from when he hit the post

Kane 2: Doesn't know how to play as a winger, did fvck all

Wood 3: One of his worst games for us (maybe the worst so far), couldn't control the aerial balls well enough

Nugent 4: Slightly better than Wood, ran around a lot but that was it. Gave away a stupid yellow card

Knockaert 4: Does he think he's playing street football?

Gallagher 4: Didn't do much when he came on

St Ledger N/A: Good to see him back

Kasper - 6.5 Not the worst on the pitch but went missing for Wickham goal

De Laet - 6 OK but at fault for the goal: over rated

Morgan - 7 Solid but has suffered some form of late.

Keane - 7.5 See Morgan +0.5 as no usual slip up

Schlupp - 6.5 Started poor but improved as match went on (not difficult with what else was on show).

Marshall - 4 Poor - did he have a bet on with Kirkland re:how many shots/corners to be saved?

Drinkwater - 5 Covered by previous posts - expect more from him

King - 6 Better than Drinkwater & at least hit the post with his trade mark header from corner.

Kane - 3 Was he on the pitch - wasted 60 mins.

Nugent - 5 best of the forwards but not saying much. Thought he would get sent off following early yellow card,

Wood - 3.5 Poor; didn't seem to do anything positive except one shot long distance

Knockaert - 5.5 Too many tricks with no end delivery but at least tried

Gallagher- 4: Wasted substitution - one run when I could have got their quicker in wheelchair

St Ledger N/A

He's kinda got a point mate.

If you think drinkwater deserved a 7, then you might aswell give gallagher and kane 10's

Yeah, he has a point. But he just sits waiting for me to post just so he can quickly reply with something "witty" followed by a thumbs up icon.

...and it gets boring and extremely tiring.

Kasper 6.5 (Two vital saves, one from his own mistake and mixed distribution).

DeLaet 6 (Willing and able but left Wickham completely free for the goal).

Morgan 6 (Two ponderous on the ball and too many aimless or mishit passes).

Keane 7.5 (Quality at times).

Schlupp 7 (Made his share of mistakes but also made two vital interceptions and occasionally looked capable of hurting the Wednesday defence given both the opportunity and the support. Unfortuanately he didn't get much of either)..

Marshall 4:(Another disappointing contribution as usual in the physical encounters).

King 7 (The interception of a cross-field pass intended to put our right winger free resulted in a goal some distance down the line but otherwise he did so much to clear up messes, to win loose balls and to set our attack in motion. Hit the woodwork and hardly put a pass wrong.)

Drinkwater 4 (Poor and sometimes tried to make easy things complicated. He rarely threatens going forward and today was no exception.

Kane 2 (That's not being facetious. I can't remember a single thing to give him credit for. Missed an excellent chance but otherwise looked lost out wide and not much better anywhere else)..

Nugent 6:(The mark is mainly for his effort and for spending 90 minutes trying to make something happen even if he ended up failing)..

Wood 2 (I can't guess what's wrong with him but i sure wish he'd get it sorted).

Knockeart 5 (At least showed intent but nothing worked. Looked like a show-jumper trying to leap through an obstacle course but he either fell or hit what was in front of him and never saw the sense in changing his tactics and involving his team-mates. Cost us possession so many times and eventually got drained of belief.

Subs: Not worth commenting on.

That sums it up really, I guess your giving Kane a 2 for putting his shirt on the right way around and Wood 2 for finding the tunnel at half time??

Schmeichel -6- Their goal seemed to go through him

DeLaet -7- Threat going forward, but not near Wickham when he scored

Morgan -6- OK

Keane -7- Best defender

Schlupp -6- Got caught out a few times but ran at their defenders and tried to make things happen.

Marshall -4- Didn't do much right

King -6- Our best midfielder, but needs to get stuck in more

Drinkwater -4- Useless playmaker, only short passes, often backwards. Weak defensively as well.

Kane -4- Completely ineffective at LM

Wood -4- Not same player since he got hurt

Nugent -4- Tried but looked amateurish

Knockaert -4- Doesn't know when to stop tricks and pass the ball. Should get his head up, this isn't street football.

Gallagher -4- Contributed little

St Ledger -?-

Yeah, he has a point. But he just sits waiting for me to post just so he can quickly reply with something "witty" followed by a thumbs up icon.

...and it gets boring and extremely tiring.

Bingo!

That's because your posts are boring and extremely tiring.

This evenings 7 for Drinky being a case in point.

:thumbup:

Kane was absolutely diabolical in every way. I don't think in my years of supporting City I've seen a much a worse performance from a player.

I honestly don't care if he's not a winger. That's no excuse to keep hoofing the ball aimlessly and fail at taking a man on.

Has to be dropped for me. Or at least be played in his actual position.

Kane was absolutely diabolical in every way. I don't think in my years of supporting City I've seen a much a worse performance from a player.

I honestly don't care if he's not a winger. That's no excuse to keep hoofing the ball aimlessly and fail at taking a man on.

Has to be dropped for me. Or at least be played in his actual position.

I wrote the same earlier. I don't think he did a single thing right?

WHY is this player keeping out Vardy/Waggy?

They aren't brilliant but better than Kane.

Kasper- 6. Great save from a one on one, reminded me of his Dad. At fault for goal maybe? Beaten at near post

De Laet- 7. Will be a big loss if he's out long term. Even with a knock in the first half he played well, such a threat going forward

Keane- 7. A real Rolls-Royce of a defender! Too good for us I'm afraid

Morgan- 6.5. Couple of minor errors. Looked desolate, inconsolable at the final whistle. Does he know something we don't?

Schlupp- 6. Has a real effortless burst of pace going forwar but a bit error prone defensively. Give him the benefit of the doubt though, lack of games, out of favoured position etc

Marshall- 5. Zero confidence. Young lad who relies on confidence and crowd backing to play well IMO. Pretty woeful in decision making, set pieces and awareness

King- 6. Tidied things up but just didn't have enough impact

Drinkwater- 6.5. Slightly better than King. Keep willing him to become our Neil Lennon. Is he up to it though?

Kane- 4. Not his fault, blame the Manager playing him out of position. Have to think though, is he really that bothered? Contract at Spurs until 2017- is he that bothered how well/poorly be plays for us or our results?

Wood- 5. Wish he would ****ing jump for a header. Looks unfit to me

Nuge- 6.5 Better than recent games. Tried hard, did well in wide positions.

Knockaert tried too hard, SSL shouldn't have been on- IMO we needed to bring a striker on to really go for it. Gally- did ok, nothing against him but he's not the answer.

Stick with Pearson- good players don't become bad overnight. Loss of confidence.

I wrote the same earlier. I don't think he did a single thing right?

WHY is this player keeping out Vardy/Waggy?

They aren't brilliant but better than Kane.

Absolutely correct. Can't believe people are taking sympathy with him playing as a winger. That's absolutely no excuse whatsoever to play that poorly. Absolute shambles, what ever he did he did wrong and I can't think of a single thing he could of been credited for.

Bemuses me why a perfectly capable winger in Knockaert is dropped to the bench and replaced by a 6ft 3 striker.

Schmeichel 7 - at least he cares

De laet 8 - MOM. Was the only player with any drive

Morgan 6 - Uncharacteristically nervy

Keane 6 - OK

Schlupp 6 - OK

Marshall 4 - poor - set piece delivery shocking

Drinkwater 4 - poor - seems to wander and never be in the game, when he is too slow.

King 6 - ok

Kane 4 - Must be wondering why NP signed a striker when he needed a winger

Wood 4 - Not great

Nugent 5 - His worse game in a long time. Looks very frustrated

Pearson - 2 - Stood on the sideline watching forlornly as the same system and same players keep getting the same result. The penny may soon drop that he has to play people in their own position and that he may have to use different formations or personnel when plan A still doesn't work.

Absolutely correct. Can't believe people are taking sympathy with him playing as a winger. That's absolutely no excuse whatsoever to play that poorly. Absolute shambles, what ever he did he did wrong and I can't think of a single thing he could of been credited for.

Bemuses me why a perfectly capable winger in Knockaert is dropped to the bench and replaced by a 6ft 3 striker.

Come off it.... Knockaert has been woefully out of form lately

Come off it.... Knockaert has been woefully out of form lately

So that's a perfectly good reason to place a 6ft 3 striker who has no record of playing as a winger at right mid is it? You'd rather have a striker playing at right mid than an actual right mid?

It's not just Knockaert, people will moan but even Gallagher could and probably should of started there.

It's silly by Pearson yes but it's more Kanes fault. Just because you're playing out of position it doesn't give you the right to hoof aimlessly and have an absolute stinker of a performance.

So that's a perfectly good reason to place a 6ft 3 striker who has no record of playing as a winger at right mid is it? You'd rather have a striker playing at right mid than an actual right mid?

It's not just Knockaert, people will moan but even Gallagher could and probably should of started there.

It's silly by Pearson yes but it's more Kanes fault. Just because you're playing out of position it doesn't give you the right to hoof aimlessly and have an absolute stinker of a performance.

I personally thought it wasn't till Knocky came on that we started to link the midfield with the attack.

He didn't play well, but Christ, was better than Kane.

IF Pearson has agreed that Kane must start this would be another ridiculous management decision.

Unless Im missing summat, Kane is a poor player.

No, I don't agree Kane should have played there but equally I think Knockaert needed a rest. Just because we leave Knockeart out and Dyer is unavailable doesn't mean we should play Kane there. Can't we just change the formation?

Archived