Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

One for the Happy Clappers... What's wrong?

To the staunch Pearsonites...

Rather than coming on here and simply giving us the stock 'Pearson will turn it around' type comments, lets have an adult debate on what is wrong with the team at the moment. Because something is. And please don't start off with 'we are still 5th'... Yes I know that, but if we don't start improving we won't be for much longer.

Ill start... I think there's not enough pace in the side. When coming forward we don't attack quickly enough and give the opposition time to get back behind the ball and to regroup.

Personally I think we miss Lloyd Dyer's pace.

Comments please if you can be bothered.. lol

as a radio listener today (work commitments ok!?)

we sounded pretty naff

in the last 3 matches, and also the blackpool penalty incident, we've had those clear cut opportunities in front of goal at 0-0 wasted.

score these 'easy' chances and we win games, because our defence does its job.

you cant blame nige for these misses

you can blame pearson all you like, but wasted chances are whats cost us recently...

Dyer wouldn't elp as he hasn't got much of a brain but yes he can run.

Bring some reserve players in to give his regulars that kick up the back side they need. We need players who are hungry for success. We have the best defense in the league so we have a fantastic platform to start with (baring injuries at the mo)

I love thinly veiled insults. Can we call you lot 'Moaners', 'Whiners' or something similar?

Nothing is particularly wrong, we're just a fairly average Championship side who are low on morale. This isn't rocket science, most teams go through these patches. Clearly we have got the ability (as demonstrated earlier in the season), it just seems that we're not quite clicking at the moment.

Fatigue maybe, Pearson has always played his first team bar injuries, very little scope for other players as such, or those other players were just not showing the ability of the others. So what with it being the end push of the season maybe we are just running out of gas for the legs.

How dare people say anything but good things about our club.

You people make me sick.

We pay our money, we should sit there, smile, clap and never had a bad opinion on our club.

I'm not sure you're fully getting the 'adult debate' thing Matt?

lol

I really feel that we have run out of steam. The players look so tired! And that isn't an excuse because I know all the other teams have played the same amount of games. Just something I've observed.

Still don't see any point getting rid of NP this season. He still has a chance of taking us up, albeit not a great chance currently. If we don't go up by all means look at other possibilities (I'd still like him to stay) but give him the rest of this season.

He was close to getting the sack earlier on in the season and we went on a fantastic run afterwards, hope he can do the same again!

LTID!!

Balanced post? lol

It doesn't seem to matter what team he picks or what formation he chooses at the moment......our confidence is shot & we are unable of playing decent football. The whole atmosphere around the club is in tatters.....the players, the fans, the management.

I don't know how it happened, but the fielding of a reserve team against Huddersfield seems to be a good place to start. It was debatable whether this was a good move or not before the game kicked off, but it has clearly back-fired.

I don't know how to fix the problem & I wouldn't even attempt to know what I am talking about. I can honestly say that right now I couldn't give a shit whether they sack him or not. I'm neither a Pearson lover or hater & I'm probably a bit pissed off after today's result.

I do find him arrogant & that is not always a bad thing. However, if you are going to be arrogant you've got to be able to back that up with results......& that simply is not happening. The post-match interview after Leeds was a disgrace & so is his general attitude towards Stringer. Sure, Stringer's a dick but we all deal with twats at work & we are expected to remain professional & respectful. Why can't he??

It doesn't seem to matter what team he picks or what formation he chooses at the moment......our confidence is shot & we are unable of playing decent football. The whole atmosphere around the club is in tatters.....the players, the fans, the management.

I don't know how it happened, but the fielding of a reserve team against Huddersfield seems to be a good place to start. It was debatable whether this was a good move or not before the game kicked off, but it has clearly back-fired.

I don't know how to fix the problem & I wouldn't even attempt to know what I am talking about. I can honestly say that right now I couldn't give a shit whether they sack him or not. I'm neither a Pearson lover or hater & I'm probably a bit pissed off after today's result.

I do find him arrogant & that is not always a bad thing. However, if you are going to be arrogant you've got to be able to back that up with results......& that simply is not happening. The post-match interview after Leeds was a disgrace & so is his general attitude towards Stringer. Sure, Stringer's a dick but we all deal with twats at work & we are expected to remain professional & respectful. Why can't he??

I always thought "don't change a winning team" was a bit of a cliche, but I think that Hudds game has come back to haunt us.

I always thought "don't change a winning team" was a bit of a cliche, but I think that Hudds game has come back to haunt us.

A lot of people have said this about the Udders game.

It may be coincidence but changing that winning team at that point seems to have had an impact.

Ridiculous to not play our best side.

A lot of people have said this about the Udders game.

It may be coincidence but changing that winning team at that point seems to have had an impact.

Ridiculous to not play our best side.

But (and we'll never know either way) playing devils advocate, If we had played our best team against Huddersfield and still have gone on this bad run, would people be questioning why we played our best team? Why we didn't 'throw' that game and focus on a promotion push? Questioning if why we played our best team in that game and pointing towards that as a notable factor towards why our team look knackered and unfit at the moment?

Calling Pearson tactically inept is a compliment. It's far too generous a statement to make.

We had a certain Hollowhead who insisted on playing Fryatt on the wing and now we see it with clueless Pearson. Tuesday night any old "clown" could see that the lineup was totally ineffective and yet Pearson sticks with the same for today's game. Pearson, who is the clown now eh?

We look so restricted in the way we are playing and with the players we have at our disposal the blame firmly lies at the feet of Pearson imo, we are far far far better than the level of football Pearson's tactical decisions have made us.

He's running out of time, the team is running out of games and I'm running out of patience.

Sort it out.

Archived