Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Stuart Attwell

Why is this moron allowed to ref? He makes mistake after mistake, costing teams valuable points.

Gave a soft sending off after Hulse slipped in the 2nd minute, missed a potential leg breaking two footed tackle by Trotter on Schlupp and missed a blatant Henry-esq handball in the build up to their goal. Hope the c*nt from "Warwickshire" aka Coventry gets what's coming to him one day, especially if this has cost us a play off place. :@ :@ :@

It was a red end of. Plus it was Keogh not Hulse that was brought down.

Did you watch the game at home on TV? Most people will have one view at the key decisions whilst yourself would have seen 4 maybe 5 replays before you heard Peter Beagrie's opinion. But cheers for the analysis.

I watched on the telly, and straight away I said red. And surely anyone with the benefit of four or five replays is better placed to analyse?

For all the people who watched on the telly,please dont tell me it was a clear red.Whilst watching from the comfort of your armchair or in the pub,I was going mental and screamimg at the ref.I am right.So please dont post on here anymore and go do some online shopping,go speak to your facebook freinds and fook off.

For all the people who watched on the telly,please dont tell me it was a clear red.Whilst watching from the comfort of your armchair or in the pub,I was going mental and screamimg at the ref.I am right.So please dont post on here anymore and go do some online shopping,go speak to your facebook freinds and fook off.

Are you serious?

I think Millwall could very easily have ended the game with less players than us had Attwell applied the same strictness he did with Morgan. They were thuggish and out to spoil.

Are you serious?

Yes im totaly serious.A long day at work,walk to the game really looking forward to it.Game ruined by a stupid decision.Got tickets for Barnsley and Brighton games.Then telly addicts saying it was a red card,regardless of if it was or wasnt,im pissed off,the type of pissed off that you carnt get watching on the telly,im sorry but i dont get football on the telly,id rather watch live dog walking than any game on the telly,and dont give a damn what any armchair fan has to say.Im making a twat of myself but im not bothered.

Yes im totaly serious.A long day at work,walk to the game really looking forward to it.Game ruined by a stupid decision.Got tickets for Barnsley and Brighton games.Then telly addicts saying it was a red card,regardless of if it was or wasnt,im pissed off,the type of pissed off that you carnt get watching on the telly,im sorry but i dont get football on the telly,id rather watch live dog walking than any game on the telly,and dont give a damn what any armchair fan has to say.Im making a twat of myself but im not bothered.

Telly addicts. There's perfectly reasonable reasons why people like myself can't get to the came, you complete cvnt. It was a red, for absolute sure. Just because I watched this on the telly, doesn't mean I've ever gone online shopping... and I deactivated my Facebook years ago. You are wrong.

It is clear you paid very little attention to the game.

Morgan was last man, clear red, and the foul was on Keogh not hulse.

The yellow card which trotter received could have been a red, it was a fifty-fifty decision.

The handball you refer to actually came from one of our players, the ball hit the arm of De Laet not the milwall player.

The ref had a decent game. Like all refs he will get decisions wrong, but all the major ones were correct.

Trotter should have had a yellow minutes before that challenge for kicking the ball away. So actually he should have been sent off. Chaplow committed more fouls than I can count on both hands and since when was a deliberate handball not a yellow? (edit: referring to their right back who literally stuck is arm out to control the ball. He wasn't going anywhere but little things like that annoyed me)

I was at the other end of the ground so don't know if it was Keogh or Hulse that went down, but if it was Keogh, that dirty little **** has previous at the KP.

It was Keogh. I ran down to the bit behind the tunnel (I sit in the West Stand) just to shout abuse at Keogh lol I was fuming

Telly addicts. There's perfectly reasonable reasons why people like myself can't get to the came, you complete cvnt. It was a red, for absolute sure. Just because I watched this on the telly, doesn't mean I've ever gone online shopping... and I deactivated my Facebook years ago. You are wrong.

Im a leicester fan,thats why it wasnt a red.No mater how many times i see it,i wont change my mind.I wasnt personly having a go at you,im in a bad mood.But football on telly is crap.

I genuinely didn't think he had a bad game seen many worse referee performances than that, and as for the red card if you foul a player as the last man denying a goal scoring chance its a red card in any rule book

Listen the ref had a very good game, don't let anyone tell you different. Alan Young is just an embarrassment, to the Radio Leicester commentaries see's stuff that is not even there (Last nights sending off for example) He Blamed the ref!!!

Continually moaning about every fvcking thing in the game. Totally spoils the commentary..Tosser!!!

Im a leicester fan,thats why it wasnt a red.No mater how many times i see it,i wont change my mind.I wasnt personly having a go at you,im in a bad mood.But football on telly is crap.

I'm a Leicester fan, who can apply realism to the situation. Tell me, that challenge in an Aston Villa vs Wigan game, would you say it was a red?

I think Millwall could very easily have ended the game with less players than us had Attwell applied the same strictness he did with Morgan. They were thuggish and out to spoil.

Trotter should have got a yellow a minute previous to when he did get the yellow. So he should have gone regardless of whether it was a straight red. Thought Attwell was weak.

Quite right on both counts..... :thumbup:

Listen the ref had a very good game, don't let anyone tell you different. Alan Young is just an embarrassment, to the Radio Leicester commentaries see's stuff that is not even there (Last nights sending off for example) He Blamed the ref!!!

Continually moaning about every fvcking thing in the game. Totally spoils the commentary..Tosser!!!

Wrong, as usual.

Just for once read the arguments. Morgan's red card was perfectly justified by a strict interpretation of the rules, fair enough.

But where was the same strict interpretation of the rules when Millwall were fouling and spoiling when we were getting on top second half?

Attwell may well have got most of the decisions right, but the punishments handed out as a consequence of those decisions were not consistent.

Ie. Strict for Morgan and City, lax for Trotter and Millwall. The only thing that was consistent..... :(

Guest Foxin_mad

The ref was shockingly bad, the ONLY decison he got right was the red card. He let Millwall commit fouls all over the midfield, Trotter should have gone, he let too many shirt pulls and headlocks go, stopped the game for stupid things that were not even fouls like 50/50 balls where someone fell over, One of their players also led with an elbow against Schmichel which I also though was a red card and not a booking. In the first half every Millwall attack had players offside, yet the lino was 10 foot behind play. These blokes aint fit to ref Sunday league, class A twats.

Unfortunately Wes should have been sent off. That is however, about the only thing Atwell got right last night.

Trotter should have had a yellow for kicking the ball away, then probably a straight red as it was just about 2 footed with studs showing. Also Nugent was easily onside when through on goal and he just failed to pick up on their general cheating and dirty play

Think a few people have mentioned that Attwell is renowned for fvcking up badly...that phantom goal probably the worst. But I don't think anyone's mentioned that this is the same **** who was bullied by Roy Keane into continuing to play in about 8ft of snow!

Not just based on the 2 times I've seen him ref us, but this guy is terrible. I think the only reason they still let him ref is because they made such a big deal when he appeared on the scene. Some sort of refereeing prodigy they had him labelled as!

He's a terrible referee.

Trotter should've been off, the foul on Schlupp was bad enough but considering he deliberately and blatantly handballed several minutes earlier made his yellow card extremely fortunate.

And the linesman near the Kop, who decided to start using his flag in the second half and missed the most obvious corner, was just as bad,

I'm still undecided whether it was a red or not.

I know it's a mandatory red if you make a foul and you're last man but was it foul? Didn't look like went in with any force at all, just held his arm out and the guy went down at the slightest touch. Bit naive by the big man but very harsh imo

I guess the argument is whether you interpret it as a goal scoring opportunity or not. He clearly had the legs to get ahead of Konch and Wes, but he hadn't touched the ball so could argue it wasn't in his control. It was a very strict interpretation.

It was a clear red card. Can't believe anybody is arguing otherwise.

Can see an argument for Trotter getting a straight red (although for me he's got one leg on the ground and is in control of the challenge) and he ought to have got another yellow seconds earlier.

Either way I thought Atwell had a good game overall.

I guess the argument is whether you interpret it as a goal scoring opportunity or not. He clearly had the legs to get ahead of Konch and Wes, but he hadn't touched the ball so could argue it wasn't in his control. It was a very strict interpretation.

It was a clear red card. Can't believe anybody is arguing otherwise.

Can see an argument for Trotter getting a straight red (although for me he's got one leg on the ground and is in control of the challenge) and he ought to have got another yellow seconds earlier.

Either way I thought Atwell had a good game overall.

Number 6 is right, there are several criteria that the referee has to take into account and being in control of the ball is one of them, being the 'last man' is not in itself a reason for a red card, it is a judgement call from the referee who has to decide 'that it was a clear goalscoring opportunity', which he did.

Personally I have no argument with this call, though it was a pretty strict interpretation of the rules.

What I have an argument with is that the same strict interpretation of the rules was not used when Millwall resorted to spoiling and fouling when we are getting on top second half, that was a woeful lack of consistency and that is why Attwell was crap......

TTFN.... If you are suggesting that the Trotter tackle was deliberate, ie 'in control of the tackle' as you put it, then it was not just a tackle but attempted GBH.

If this was Rugby he would be cited and banned for a month, dreadful, cynical foul that could have caused serious injury.

Puts your judgement in doubt about anything football related..... :o

Puts your judgement in doubt about anything football related..... :o

Haha!

He didn't jump into it and it wasn't that high. It was mis-timed - that doesn't mean he wasn't in control of his actions, he just got the timing wrong.

I can't argue with Atwell on any of the big calls. The one potential match-changer he did get wrong was not booking Trotter for kicking the ball away moments before the yellow card, but in isolation it wasn't a big incident.

You fook off!

Archived