Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Stuart Attwell

I'm sure you can find plenty of negative comments on any ref in the spotlight.

Are you Attwell or something? He wasn't 'fair' (as you said in the previous page) at all.

I'm pretty sure every referee has negative comments, but negative comments by so many managers (including both Coyle and Redknapp in the same game!) highlights something.

The ghost goal sums him up.

Just googled it well I never Sky has done us over yet again this time by brainwashing us with fake rules

Shouldn't believe anything you hear on Sky, or read in the papers, or on the internet.

He should've sent Trotter off, otherwise he had a decent game.

No, he did not. He was inconsistent in the way that he applied the rules. Strict on Morgan, lax on Trotter and lax on other issues such as the deliberate foul play used by Millwall to break up play when we were getting on top second half, kicking the ball away, time wasting etc.

If you are going to be strict in your interpretation of one incident than you have to be strict throughout, he wasn't and therefor was neither fair nor competent.

Worst ref in the FL. Absolutely incompetent every single time without fail, the absolute dick.

This. If you get demoted from the PL. Why the **** are you reffing our game?

Thought he and the lino had a complete shocker.

The decision that cost us was the sending off, and he got that spot on. It was a daft challenge to make, clumsy and mistimed.

After that, he got more or less everything wrong and lost control of the game as Knockaert and Schlupp began to react to Millwall's thuggery that was going unpunished by the referee.

How Trotter stayed on after that frankly dangerous challenge on Schlupp is beyond me.

The decision that cost us was the sending off, and he got that spot on. It was a daft challenge to make, clumsy and mistimed.

After that, he got more or less everything wrong and lost control of the game as Knockaert and Schlupp began to react to Millwall's thuggery that was going unpunished by the referee.

How Trotter stayed on after that frankly dangerous challenge on Schlupp is beyond me.

He has his hand in his pocket straight away. No thinking time, nothing. How can you be 100% sure that Konch wouldn't have got to him?

I agree with the rest.

This may well have been true but had he, Attwell, applied the same strict standards to Millwall's thuggery in the second half the result could have been very different.

But he didn't, that is why he was crap tonight.

It is clear you paid very little attention to the game.

Morgan was last man, clear red, and the foul was on Keogh not hulse.

The yellow card which trotter received could have been a red, it was a fifty-fifty decision.

The handball you refer to actually came from one of our players, the ball hit the arm of De Laet not the milwall player.

The ref had a decent game. Like all refs he will get decisions wrong, but all the major ones were correct.

To everyone saying that Attwell had a decent game, he didn't......

Apply the letter of the law in Morgans case then fail to do the same to the opposition, specifically when Millwall employed deliberate foul play to break up our dominance in the second half.

A series of deliberate foul tackles, culminating in the disgraceful assault on Schlupp's shins, were seen by the referee who failed to deal with them in the same decisive manner he used to deal with Morgans foul.

That is crap refereeing.

This. If you get demoted from the PL. Why the **** are you reffing our game?

Thought he and the lino had a complete shocker.

How the fvck the utter incompetent bellend got into the Premier League defies belief, an absolute insult to the division.

I've literally only ever seen him have a shit game, he was absolutely diabolical, inconsistent (unsurprisingly in their favour) and this is despite getting Morgan's red spot on.

He shouldn't be in this profession, I'd say he should be dropped a league or two but that's seriously unfair on those leagues, the bloke just isn't a ref, he's fvcking appalling.

It is clear you paid very little attention to the game.

Morgan was last man, clear red, and the foul was on Keogh not hulse.

The yellow card which trotter received could have been a red, it was a fifty-fifty decision.

The handball you refer to actually came from one of our players, the ball hit the arm of De Laet not the milwall player.

The ref had a decent game. Like all refs he will get decisions wrong, but all the major ones were correct.

Did you watch the game at home on TV? Most people will have one view at the key decisions whilst yourself would have seen 4 maybe 5 replays before you heard Peter Beagrie's opinion. But cheers for the analysis.

Its only after a replay id have red carded trotter, but ill hold my hands up it was a very bad challenge.

Morgans one was undoubtedly a red card. no argument.

Id have to say other than that, his refereeing i thought was pretty good. It wasnt an easy game to referee, having to make a big call after 3 minutes wasnt easy but i dont think he refereed the game badly

We would have been livid if their 'last man' had stayed on the pitch after fouling say, Nugent. Wes had to go as he and Koncheski were well and truly oupaced having been caught out of position. Since the Huddersfield FA Cup tie (away) we have looked no better than the side that were relegated 5 years ago. No excuses.

Archived