Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Stuart Attwell

Why is this moron allowed to ref? He makes mistake after mistake, costing teams valuable points.

Gave a soft sending off after Hulse slipped in the 2nd minute, missed a potential leg breaking two footed tackle by Trotter on Schlupp and missed a blatant Henry-esq handball in the build up to their goal. Hope the c*nt from "Warwickshire" aka Coventry gets what's coming to him one day, especially if this has cost us a play off place. :@ :@ :@

I genuinely didn't think he had a bad game seen many worse referee performances than that, and as for the red card if you foul a player as the last man denying a goal scoring chance its a red card in any rule book

Didn't think the handball was deliberate at all. Sending off for me was harsh as Hulse just dropped, but every ref would've done the same. He is terrible though and he got plenty wrong tonight, most annoyingly the 2 yellows and straight red Trotter should've had within 60 seconds.

Why is this moron allowed to ref? He makes mistake after mistake, costing teams valuable points.

Gave a soft sending off after Hulse slipped in the 2nd minute, missed a potential leg breaking two footed tackle by Trotter on Schlupp and missed a blatant Henry-esq handball in the build up to their goal. Hope the c*nt from "Warwickshire" aka Coventry gets what's coming to him one day, especially if this has cost us a play off place. :@ :@ :@

So you wouldn't be shouting for a red if an opposition player did what Wes did?

Potential leg breaking two footed tackle by Trotter on Schlupp, can't argue with that I agree.

Miss a Henry-esque handball in the build up to their goal, I do believe it was one of our players who was the culprit, not 100% but fairly sure.

You worry that this game, his mistakes (Not that I seen that many) have cost you a play off place? :nono: Have a word with yourself, Tonights game, His performance hasn't cost us a play off place, our players, our performances, our monumental fuck of being comfortable in 2nd place turning to freefall dropping out the playoffs will be why we won't get a play off place.

This is exactly my problem when people blame referees, I hate referees as much as the next person but to blame them for costing us a play off place? Have a word, open your eyes and be honest with yourselves.

What so Hulse didn't just dive to the ground to get Wes sent off? He knew what he was doing and Attwell fell for it. Trotter's tackle was a red all day long, same as Karl Henry's earlier in the season when everyone was crying about that but seems like people are saying it's only a yellow because people are scared of being able to use these excuses. Handball was handball end of, should have been our free kick = no goal - 0-0.

What so Hulse didn't just dive to the ground to get Wes sent off? He knew what he was doing and Attwell fell for it. Trotter's tackle was a red all day long, same as Karl Henry's earlier in the season when everyone was crying about that but seems like people are saying it's only a yellow because people are scared of being able to use these excuses. Handball was handball end of, should have been our free kick = no goal - 0-0.

It was a red card. Stop.

I'm pretty sure Trotter's tackle wasn't 2-footed? It was 1-footed but should have been booked for kicking the ball away and then consequently 2nd-yellow for the dirty tackle on Schlupp - it was 1-footed but not near the ball and studs straight in to Schlupp's ankle/shin.

I hate referees and hate Stuart Attwell, but the Trotter incident is all he got wrong.

He had no choice at all but to send Morgan off. Hulse didn't slip. Morgan barged in to him and was always destined to go off. You can tell a lot from Morgan's reaction that he knew what was coming.

Let's not be too biased and as much as we like to blame referees for losses, there's only so much we can blame Attwell for.

I genuinely didn't think he had a bad game seen many worse referee performances than that, and as for the red card if you foul a player as the last man denying a goal scoring chance its a red card in any rule book

Thought he had a fair game tonight.

The rules say nothing about being the 'last man', that is a media construct. The rule is that 'denying a clear goal scoring opportunity' is a red card, and in tonights situation the decision to sent Morgan off was a very strict interpretation of that rule.

No real argument with him giving it but his failure to apply the strict standard that he had already set with later decisions was the key, he simply never did that and, that is unforgivable.

Some valuable quotations on Mr Attwell:

"Despite some portions of the media considering some decisions during that match to be "bizarre"

"The incident, dubbed in the media as a "ghost goal", led to both Attwell and Bannister being dropped from their duties the following weekend."

"The match finished 1–1 but Attwell disallowed two Derby goals in the final few minutes. He also booked eight players and showed a straight red card to Forest midfielder Lewis McGugan.[11] Derby manager Paul Jewell was especially vocal in his dismay at Attwell's performance, accusing the official of "losing control" of the game and "robbing" the Rams of a victory.[12] The press furore around his display[13][14] saw Attwell called in for a meeting with the referees' chief Keith Hackett[15] and he was demoted from the following week's fixture list.[16] Days later, Jewell claimed that a member of the Football Association had contacted him and told him that a disallowed goal by Miles Addison should have stood."

" Roberto Martínez accused Attwell of "lying" after he issued Wigan defender Gary Caldwell a debatable straight red card in a match against Manchester City"

"After the game Attwell received heavy criticism from Sunderland manager Steve Bruce, who branded the decision 'a joke'"

"In December 2011 Attwell came under fire for showing Bolton Wanderers defender Gary Cahill a straight red card for a professional foul in a match against Tottenham Hotspur. Cahill fouled Spurs midfielder Scott Parker ten yards from the halfway line and the official's decision to send-off the defender for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity left Bolton's manager Owen Coyle "totally bemused" while Spurs boss Harry Redknapp admitted he was "surprised" the card was red considering Parker was "so far away from goal". Bolton club chairman Phil Gartside added that he felt Attwell's decision was an "absolute disgrace" and said the club would appeal Cahill's automatic one-match ban.[22] The Football Association subsequently rescinded the ban after hearing Bolton's appeal."

Personal opinion (obviously) but I didn't think it was a red card. Haven't seen it again but from where I sit Morgan didn't really touch Easter (?) who fell to ground easily and then didn't moan about the 'challenge'... Not only that, but he gaves 90% of decisions to Millwall and Shittu seemed to dominate him all game.

Don't like blaming referees, usually don't, but didn't think he was 'fair' at all today. Knew he would be rubbish prior to the game, always is.

I'm pretty sure Trotter's tackle wasn't 2-footed? It was 1-footed but should have been booked for kicking the ball away and then consequently 2nd-yellow for the dirty tackle on Schlupp - it was 1-footed but not near the ball and studs straight in to Schlupp's ankle/shin.

I hate referees and hate Stuart Attwell, but the Trotter incident is all he got wrong.

He had no choice at all but to send Morgan off. Hulse didn't slip. Morgan barged in to him and was always destined to go off. You can tell a lot from Morgan's reaction that he knew what was coming.

Let's not be too biased and as much as we like to blame referees for losses, there's only so much we can blame Attwell for.

Spot on

Some valuable quotations on Mr Attwell:

"Despite some portions of the media considering some decisions during that match to be "bizarre"

"The incident, dubbed in the media as a "ghost goal", led to both Attwell and Bannister being dropped from their duties the following weekend."

"The match finished 1–1 but Attwell disallowed two Derby goals in the final few minutes. He also booked eight players and showed a straight red card to Forest midfielder Lewis McGugan.[11] Derby manager Paul Jewell was especially vocal in his dismay at Attwell's performance, accusing the official of "losing control" of the game and "robbing" the Rams of a victory.[12] The press furore around his display[13][14] saw Attwell called in for a meeting with the referees' chief Keith Hackett[15] and he was demoted from the following week's fixture list.[16] Days later, Jewell claimed that a member of the Football Association had contacted him and told him that a disallowed goal by Miles Addison should have stood."

"Roberto Martínez accused Attwell of "lying" after he issued Wigan defender Gary Caldwell a debatable straight red card in a match against Manchester City"

"After the game Attwell received heavy criticism from Sunderland manager Steve Bruce, who branded the decision 'a joke'"

"In December 2011 Attwell came under fire for showing Bolton Wanderers defender Gary Cahill a straight red card for a professional foul in a match against Tottenham Hotspur. Cahill fouled Spurs midfielder Scott Parker ten yards from the halfway line and the official's decision to send-off the defender for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity left Bolton's manager Owen Coyle "totally bemused" while Spurs boss Harry Redknapp admitted he was "surprised" the card was red considering Parker was "so far away from goal". Bolton club chairman Phil Gartside added that he felt Attwell's decision was an "absolute disgrace" and said the club would appeal Cahill's automatic one-match ban.[22] The Football Association subsequently rescinded the ban after hearing Bolton's appeal."

I'm sure you can find plenty of negative comments on any ref in the spotlight.

Was keogh mate, not hulse......

The rules say nothing about being the 'last man', that is a media construct. The rule is that 'denying a clear goal scoring opportunity' is a red card, and in tonights situation the decision to sent Morgan off was a very strict interpretation of that rule.

No real argument with him giving it but his failure to apply the strict standard that he had already set with later decisions was the key, he simply never did that and, that is unforgivable.

Just googled it well I never Sky has done us over yet again this time by brainwashing us with fake rules

Archived