Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Barnsley Pre Match Talk

Most people looking at the league table, seeing where us and Barnsley are, and expecting us to walk all over them.

I think that people should remember that Barnsley will be giving it 110% to help in their relegation battle.

They won't by any means be a push-over..

Have had some very good recent results too lets not forget. They looked dead and buried in the league till this Flitcroft guy came in, now they have a fighting chance of survival.

Konchesky and Schlupp down the left side was awful! Konchesky seems to he getting worse each game, really like him as well. He was the most consistent player we had, now he's just consistently bad.

I also really like Schlupp but he was terrible the other night, it was as if he'd forgotten how to play football, constantly giving the ball away.

Bench Konchesky and start Schlupp left back

Kasper

RDL Moore Keane Schlupp

Clifford King James

Knockaert Wood Dyer

kasper (27)

RDL (24) liam moore (20) michael keane (20) schlupp (20)

clifford (21) king (24) james (21)

knockaert (21) wood (21) dyer (30)

you seriously want our oldest player to be dyer ? :o

kasper (27)

RDL (24) liam moore (20) michael keane (20) schlupp (20)

clifford (21) king (24) james (21)

knockaert (21) wood (21) dyer (30)

you seriously want our oldest player to be dyer ? :o

Why does that matter? It's not like we have good older players

Why do people constantly want Schlupp at left back? He was poor the other day and is wasted at LB as he can't fully commit to going forward. I'd stick him up front with Wood. Konch is doing fine this season bar a few games, and people seem to be forgetting he was playing at CB on Friday.

Why do people constantly want Schlupp at left back? He was poor the other day and is wasted at LB as he can't fully commit to going forward. I'd stick him up front with Wood. Konch is doing fine this season bar a few games, and people seem to be forgetting he was playing at CB on Friday.

Should still perform better than that. Loses possession in really dangerous areas and puts us in all kinds of trouble.

As for Schlupp, he needs to nail down exactly what position he wants to play and work to improve himself in that role. It's good to be a utility man but he looked like a headless chicken the other night. I know it's not really up to him where he plays though

They've won five of their last six at home. We've won one of our last six aways. With a tough game at Brighton at the weekend we need the three points. Anything less won't cut it. We may be seven points adrift of the play offs by the end of Saturday and then it really will be season over. We're fighting for our lives now and we need to see that reflected on the pitch.

The players must know that, as well as anything else, they are playing for their manager's position. Especially with the emergence of a king over the water. I would wager that O'Neill's availabilty, realistic or not, will hasten us towards the point at which the majority turn on Pearson should our bad run continue.

They've won five of their last six at home. We've won one of our last six aways. With a tough game at Brighton at the weekend we need the three points. Anything less won't cut it. We may be seven points adrift of the play offs by the end of Saturday and then it really will be season over. We're fighting for our lives now and we need to see that reflected on the pitch.

The players must know that, as well as anything else, they are playing for their manager's position. Especially with the emergence of a king over the water. I would wager that O'Neill's availabilty, realistic or not, will hasten us towards the point at which the majority turn on Pearson should our bad run continue.

Their home form and our away form... Surely a home win is a banker :(

Need to win this to get some confidence back ahead of all the 6 pointers. C'MONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Can't see O'Neill coming back to management at all, he's lost his mojo - surely his wife's illness is taking its toll & he's earnt enough money and can easily pick up pocket money by punditing on the BBC.

Whatever, he will not talk to a club whilst a manager is in charge, so you'd have to sack the manager.... and probably not have him join anyway - he's already turned us down & nothing has changed in our situation from that.

People need to get O'Neill out of their heads and be very forward with their backing of our current plight, afterwards there'll be plenty of time to pull in different directions in the near future.

Their home form and our away form... Surely a home win is a banker :(

Need to win this to get some confidence back ahead of all the 6 pointers. C'MONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Can't see O'Neill coming back to management at all, he's lost his mojo - surely his wife's illness is taking its toll & he's earnt enough money and can easily pick up pocket money by punditing on the BBC.

Whatever, he will not talk to a club whilst a manager is in charge, so you'd have to sack the manager.... and probably not have him join anyway - he's already turned us down & nothing has changed in our situation from that.

People need to get O'Neill out of their heads and be very forward with their backing of our current plight, afterwards there'll be plenty of time to pull in different directions in the near future.

Wouldn't he? I'd love to know where this idea that O'Neill is a man of high principle comes from. He looks after himself. Always has.

Archived