Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aidyfox

Don't sell Knockaert....

Anthony Knockaert's form has had a big influence on our run of results recently. He was ripping defences open earlier in the season, but now seems to be lucky to not trip over his boot laces. Don't get me wrong I'm not pointing fingers at the lad and to me his main problem ATM is he's trying too hard! He needs to relax a bit.

Questions are:

Is it fair of me to say that Futacts leaving was around the same time as our/his form nose plummeted, and therefore Pearson didnt consider/wasnt aware of the impact Marko may have had on Knocky? Or am I reading too much into this? That young players will always have such highs and lows?...

Watched a video of his highlight from around 2 months ago. Not the same Knocky atm, but he cant do it all on his own, a lot of the other players are hugely under-performing. Other players doing well around you can lift you and make you play even better. Lets hope they all start firing on all cylinders on Saturday.

What impact did Futacs have on Knocky then?

The impact I was speaking about would have come off the field. They had become close friends and Futacts was helping him settle eg learn English etc. apparently they had become great buds.

I don't think Futacs is the reason he's gone downhill so much, it's everyone else. It's difficult to play well as a creative player when others don't move into space, make good runs and generally help you out.

One of the things I've noticed throughout this run is the lack of options the man on the ball has, players aren't confident enough to make themselves available so we're constantly giving the ball away.

I don't think Futacs is the reason he's gone downhill so much, it's everyone else. It's difficult to play well as a creative player when others don't move into space, make good runs and generally help you out.

One of the things I've noticed throughout this run is the lack of options the man on the ball has, players aren't confident enough to make themselves available so we're constantly giving the ball away.

The impact I was speaking about would have come off the field. They had become close friends and Futacts was helping him settle eg learn English etc. apparently they had become great buds.

Ahh well that could possibly play a part but its more down to the fact that Knocky is probably the only guy in our team that has a bit of flair and isn't afraid to keep hold of the ball and try taking on players ect.

Anthony Knockaert's form has had a big influence on our run of results recently. He was ripping defences open earlier in the season, but now seems to be lucky to not trip over his boot laces. Don't get me wrong I'm not pointing fingers at the lad and to me his main problem ATM is he's trying too hard! He needs to relax a bit.

Questions are:

Is it fair of me to say that Futacts leaving was around the same time as our/his form nose plummeted, and therefore Pearson didnt consider/wasnt aware of the impact Marko may have had on Knocky? Or am I reading too much into this? That young players will always have such highs and lows?...

No it's not fair to say that.

Yeah tbh I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I think it's easy to look for this and that to blame or use for reasoning but the plain fact is if you watch our games it's evident what you have stated above is fact. The intensity and speed of our counterattacks are a shadow of what they were earlier in the season ie derby at home Cardiff home (even if we didn't win) etc. Hard to see how we can shake that off with an away game at Brighton though. When you consider they'll more than likely have the greater possession and charge of the game. Shore it up and play for draw? It's a must not lose anyway. Brighton's run in looks as hard as ours....we also must be mindful of our shoulder.....

The problem is he's over doing it because he has no support, the whole team are playing terribly so he looks up with the ball at feet and see's zero options so he tries a stopover where he normally wouldn't and next thing he knows, the ball is gone. If we're to sort it out then the entire team needs to step it up as a unit, not just one or two at a time.

You make a good point with Futacs gone, to be fair.

I'd like to see Knockaert behind though, not out wide. He has the technique and ability to run at defences, score and create chances.

i would personally say he has been shit since he returned home to france after his grandmother died. personal grievence may be having an affect on him depending on his relationship with his grandmother. also remember he was arrested and bailed a few months back which may be something he has on his mind. i am not sure what is happening with regards to that though?

Ok so you dismiss it as a rubbish point and for the most point I agree with you. As you can see it was initially written as a question not a point. Ok so look at it in another light. Knockaert and Futacts are great friends. Knockaert is new to the English culture etc so I'm sure they were hanging out quite a lot blah blah blah. Now I know people (I included) will say he's a grown man and doesn't need Futacts to " **** him up the ass" ^^.

But a lot of people on here have said Pearson has lost the dressing room. Has Futacts going out on loan contributed to that (when it comes to Knocky's view)? I would think very much so. Especially considering Futacts is getting just as many opportunities there as he got here. Knocky as a friend of Futacts will see this and I think resent NP a little for it. We know he already gets frustrated when being constantly subbed so all I'm saying is Futacts loan situation cannot help matters. I see it as mismanagement on NP's behalf. I am not saying Knockaert is not trying as much or anything like that but his morale isn't as high as it was earlier in the season. Is that not a fair point to make or at least a question of Relevance or is it still a load of bullshit I'm thinking up?

Archived