Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Ok, so I'm not TPH'S, but I loved that man and if I can be even a tenth of the man he was (and I'm sure still is) then I can hold my head high.

Masters on. Two Hoots Golden Ale is the first beer

Anyone tried it?

Tag line is 'with great beer come great wisdom but we only care about the great beer'

Nice but uncomplicated. Easy drinking but not very exciting or interesting. Would be great with a barbecue.

4.2 % Joseph Holt Brewery, Manchester.

I understand this fine beverage called Two Hoots is brewed in Manchester and even though I have no idea where that is, they brew a fine beer.

I imagine this so-called Manchester being a magical place where the waterfalls flow with this fantastic beverage and topless blonde ladies dance in wooden shoes to some sort of flute music.

If I have one more sip of Two Hoots, I may have to go have sex with a soft melon immediately or I won't ever be able to get to sleep tonight.

It's on the list to try...

On a visit to Leicester last weekend, I was in the Wetherspoons in Wigston and tried the Ionian Coffee Porter.

Sweet (in all senses) with a nice spicy edge and I would highly recommend.

It's 4.5%.

:)

The reason for no update is because the current bottle is Sharps - Doom Bar, which I assume you're all familiar with.

Not quite as good as at my local but a top beer.

4.3 % and my usual choice for a session. For me it's the all round beer that has it all. Interesting enough to savour but drinkable enough to quaff.

In about an hour I'll be supping Tetleys smooth. So it's not a real ale, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

It’s not real ale?

Flippin heck , I know times are tough Webbo , but there’s no need to drink imaginary ale.

Depends. Did you remove my LCFC posting rights? Got some genuine info and can't share it. Haha

And no. The tetleys is punishment enough.

I'm not a proper mod, I just do the tidying up.

It’s not real ale?

Flippin heck , I know times are tough Webbo , but there’s no need to drink imaginary ale.

That's what happens when it's Marcel Marceau's round. :(

Well the real Manchester is certainly not a patch on Zingari's imagining but I always find you can't go wrong with the Marble brewery up here. Having supped a couple of fine pints of Ginger earlier myself.

All hail the Ale!

If you're ever around the Tower Bridge area in London there's a good pub called the Draft House. A wide range of beers and it does foot long pork scratchings.

Anyway, I was down there last weekend and had a Blue Top India Pale Ale by the Old Dairy Brewery. Absolutely delicious.

One of my favourite ever bottled beers. Much beTter than the stuff on tap in my experience.

http://cellarandkitchen.adnams.co.uk/catalog/product/bottles/adnams-broadside-12-x-500ml-63-abv

Strong tasting hoppy, rich ruby beer. Couldn't drink too many. Too rich and at over 6%, packs a punch too

Most Adnams beers are worth a look and one of them raises a lot of money for man cancer, but broadside would be my pick and one which if you like ale, you really should try.

I'm treating myself tonight.

Am I allowed to extol the virtues of St Peter's Brewery Grapefruit Beer, or are you all snooty and purist in here?

20120930-211227.jpg

Not tried that. But do they do a beer just called ruby or ruby beer or something? That's nice.

Not tried that. But do they do a beer just called ruby or ruby beer or something? That's nice.

They do, and what's more I've just discovered they do it in 'beer kit' form too - very 'The Good Life'. :cool:

st_peters_ruby_red_ale.jpg

It's on the list to try...

On a visit to Leicester last weekend, I was in the Wetherspoons in Wigston and tried the Ionian Coffee Porter.

Sweet (in all senses) with a nice spicy edge and I would highly recommend.

It's 4.5%.

:)

The Willy wig? What night, if it was Friday I was the giant long-haired ginger knocking around.

I wasn't impressed with that one, rather bland. Caledonian Brewers Passion is gods own blood though.

One of my favourite ever bottled beers. Much beTter than the stuff on tap in my experience.

http://cellarandkitchen.adnams.co.uk/catalog/product/bottles/adnams-broadside-12-x-500ml-63-abv

Strong tasting hoppy, rich ruby beer. Couldn't drink too many. Too rich and at over 6%, packs a punch too

Most Adnams beers are worth a look and one of them raises a lot of money for man cancer, but broadside would be my pick and one which if you like ale, you really should try.

I'm treating myself tonight.

its more than nice,was going to list this as one of my best.Good shout.

Bitter and twisted for a summer session beer.

Oh good shout to AOOWW also.

They do, and what's more I've just discovered they do it in 'beer kit' form too - very 'The Good Life'. :cool:

st_peters_ruby_red_ale.jpg

oh you little beauty you!

Never knew that.

What about Woodfordes Wherry and Nelsons Revenge.Norfolk beer that I was drinking in Holt at the weekend.

jennings-sneck-lifter-english-ale-8x500ml-nrb-bottle-case.jpg

Finished on a couple of these that had been knocking about in my conservatory for ages.

I only had 6 bottles of ale. I feel appalling this morning. Actually ill. Might just be a coincedence - the wife and boy haven't been well so perhaps I've finally succombed.

Not sure the ales helped.

Looking back at it now, I'd revise my recommendation of the first as a summer/bbq type beer and up it to a 'give it a try anytime - it is quite pleasant'.

I've got the stronger version of hobgoblin x 10 for tonight's match.

Question: Are we allowed to whip out favoured brews of any kind, or does it have to be specifically ale?

I'ma go ahead and post it anyway, feel free to chastise me:

lachouffe_maina.jpg

Along with Belgian beers in general, this beer's seen a spike in popularity, so what was once a special one off on a night where you happened to find yourself somewhere that served it has become freely available in supermarkets. Triffic!

Question: Are we allowed to whip out favoured brews of any kind, or does it have to be specifically ale?

I'ma go ahead and post it anyway, feel free to chastise me:

lachouffe_maina.jpg

Along with Belgian beers in general, this beer's seen a spike in popularity, so what was once a special one off on a night where you happened to find yourself somewhere that served it has become freely available in supermarkets. Triffic!

No, it can be any beer. I'm not expecting to see Fosters or Boddingtons or Tetleys in here - but this sort of thing should be encouraged. What do you like about it? What is it like? Will I find it in Tesco? Might pick some up tonight mate.

Archived