Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Referee

He wasn't to bad. Very petty but overall he was decent.

Penalty was stonewall aswell.

Missed chances (again) cost us, not the referee

The foul for the penalty was outside the penalty area. Definitely a foul, definitely not a penalty.

Regardless of the Penalty decision, I thought he was below average all night. some of his decisions were baffling. And to those saying he didn't cost us the game...yes he did. He awarded a penalty that wasn't. If he gave a freekick and they scored from that there would be no argument from anybody.

Ref was terrible. Inconsistent to say the least, unfit. Miles away from play a lot of the time too.

Gave a free kick to them when Wood used his shoulder but Nugent got scythed down 20 yards out and didn't give anything?

Swear he had a Birmingham shirt on.

He definitely didn't have a Birmingham shirt on, you couldn't miss anyone wearing one of those hideous creations.

Was just outside the box, but to blame the referee for our shortcomings would be silly. The referee didn't cost us the game. It was not putting chances away when we should have and a bit of naivety from one player in particular. I thought the ref had an alright game. Just because he got the key decision wrong shouldn't deflect away from the fact we couldn't bury some opportunities in front of goal.

This.

Can I just ask Matt? Did you think it was a penalty?

I think it was on the edge/the line of the box, now I don't know the in's and out's of the rule, I know the whole ball needs to cross the line for a goal, e.t.c, but with a foul on the line don't know who you give the benefit of doubt too, it defintely a foul, however people are blaming the referee outright for us drawing, when let be honest we should have done more to dominate and be sure of the win.

I personally never felt comfortable in our ability at 2-1 to see the game out, I have no problems with people saying the referee made a mistake, however its when people blame them outright for us failing to win rather than looking at the bigger picture, seeing our own frailites, rather than looking for an excuse, I'm not the best with words and sometimes think I am misunderstood in what I say, perhaps using to many words to explain a simple thing, basically StanSP sums it up perfectly, which is why i've quoted his post above.

Yawn!!

I concur.

Regardless of the Penalty decision, I thought he was below average all night. some of his decisions were baffling. And to those saying he didn't cost us the game...yes he did. He awarded a penalty that wasn't. If he gave a freekick and they scored from that there would be no argument from anybody.

I'm sure they'd have found something.

At the game, but from the kop so not a great view, it looked a stone wall penalty. Came home and watched the recorded game from sky and with 10 replays I still think it was a 60/40 penalty.

It's not like a sliding challenge tripping him over at a specific point either, you couldn't point to the blade of grass where it happened .... as he bundled him from behind it's where the foul actually happened - when he first touched him or when that touch became heavy enough to be a foul?? It happened over the space of at least one stride of a sprinting striker and that stride was either side of the line.

Either side would be moaning the day after, penalty or foul you could debate all day, it was a very difficult decision.

Was fairly good first half but was shocking second. Every time a Birmigham player fell over he gave a free kick yet when Nuge got pushed to the floor or Wes got tripped he gave nothing.

One of the worst refereeing performances in a while. Not sure about the pen, was the other end and it was a clear foul but seems it might've been outside the box. Gotta say I didn't see any players complaining though.

He was awful throughout though. For both sides. A mass of fouls just for one man being stronger than the other. A few handballs missed. A few goal kicks/corners wrongly given. Things you'd expect from a PE teacher covering an u8s school game.

The linesman on the West Stand side was terrible. Missed two blatant balls out of play, gave throw-ins the wrong way on both sides (including a mystifying one where Birmingham received a throw when their player cleared it out with no-one near him), the foul on Morgan when he nutmegged Davies near the corner flag.

Possiblt the worst consistently bad performance from an official I've seen.

Was just outside the box, but to blame the referee for our shortcomings would be silly. The referee didn't cost us the game. It was not putting chances away when we should have and a bit of naivety from one player in particular. I thought the ref had an alright game. Just because he got the key decision wrong shouldn't deflect away from the fact we couldn't bury some opportunities in front of goal.

Come on mate, this is stupid. He literally cost us the game by making a wrong decision in the last minute of the game. We did enough to win, we'd scored more goals than them and they scored from a penalty which shouldn't have been given.

Come on mate, this is stupid. He literally cost us the game by making a wrong decision in the last minute of the game. We did enough to win, we'd scored more goals than them and they scored from a penalty which shouldn't have been given.

Suppose there's various ways of looking at it:

1 - we didn't take our chances to kill the game off. If we were 4-0 up and conceded that penalty no one would have so much as raised an eyelid at it. Apart from Kasper! But I see people blame the ref for our lack of ruthlessness in front of goal. That's unfair on the ref.

2 - I would say the referee and Nugent cost us the game. The phrase in question being 'you shouldn't give a referee an opportunity to make that mistake'.

Maybe the referee can be blamed for that 1 decision, but Nugent has to shoulder the blame for giving the ref a decision to make in the first place. No Nugent mistake, no referee mistake. And plus, it's not as if it's miles outside the box; if I remember correctly, his foot is only maybe mere centimetres or inches away from the line, With the referee behind the incident and Nugent obstructing his view, it was a hard call to make.

Ultimately, given replays, he did get it wrong. But my sole point is that he shouldn't have had to make that game-changing decision in the first place, regardless of what the score was. I'm not pinning the blame wholly on Nugent, and I'm not taking the blame totally away from the referee. I'm as sick as any Leicester fan, but there has to be some perspective.

There wouldn't have been a penalty at 4-0 up, Nugent would not have had the amount of pressure on the ball with all their players up in our box. The speed of the game, and our mentality, would be totally different.

Suppose there's various ways of looking at it:

1 - we didn't take our chances to kill the game off. If we were 4-0 up and conceded that penalty no one would have so much as raised an eyelid at it. Apart from Kasper! But I see people blame the ref for our lack of ruthlessness in front of goal. That's unfair on the ref.

2 - I would say the referee and Nugent cost us the game. The phrase in question being 'you shouldn't give a referee an opportunity to make that mistake'.

Maybe the referee can be blamed for that 1 decision, but Nugent has to shoulder the blame for giving the ref a decision to make in the first place. No Nugent mistake, no referee mistake. And plus, it's not as if it's miles outside the box; if I remember correctly, his foot is only maybe mere centimetres or inches away from the line, With the referee behind the incident and Nugent obstructing his view, it was a hard call to make.

Ultimately, given replays, he did get it wrong. But my sole point is that he shouldn't have had to make that game-changing decision in the first place, regardless of what the score was. I'm not pinning the blame wholly on Nugent, and I'm not taking the blame totally away from the referee. I'm as sick as any Leicester fan, but there has to be some perspective.

Perfectly written.

If only I could get my point across as well.

Archived