Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

booing again

Why were people booing at the end again? We were playing a team that had only lost something like 3 out of their last 13 away from home. We were winning with a minute to go and playing ok football. We are an average championship side, not an outstanding one. We have no right to think we should win every game.

Ok everyone there was massively disapointed at the end, but booing! If you did this could you explain who/ what you were booing. Nugent for one mistake? The performance? Pearson, if so why? Or even schlupp for missing loads of chances. Please explain

i myself stayed and applauded my team for what i consider a pretty good performance

Because we have failed to win yet another game, and possibly just put to bed any play off hopes. What do you expect, a rasping applause for a 2-2 draw?

Get your head out of the players arses and realise they have ruined our season.

so you boo every time we draw or lose a game. Great supporter mate.

I can understand why people would have been frustrated last night. I myself spent 30 minutes after full time in pure disbelief at what I'd just seen. But if people are doing it with a straight head, I don't know what they think booing a team clearly bereft of confidence hopes to achieve.

Why were people booing at the end again? We were playing a team that had only lost something like 3 out of their last 13 away from home. We were winning with a minute to go and playing ok football. We are an average championship side, not an outstanding one. We have no right to think we should win every game.

Ok everyone there was massively disapointed at the end, but booing! If you did this could you explain who/ what you were booing. Nugent for one mistake? The performance? Pearson, if so why? Or even schlupp for missing loads of chances. Please explain

i myself stayed and applauded my team for what i consider a pretty good performance

I read this huge debate on here about when fans were entitled to boo and when they weren't. The consensus seemed to be to get behind players during a match (which we did admirably) and voice dissatisfaction only at the end, if you wish (which they also did). What can the problem possibly be? It was another poor result in an ongoing appalling run of form, if fans ever have a right to show their discontent, then surely it's then?

Yes the players tried, but the all-round performance was not strong. Much of this lack of confidence has come from footballers showing complacency and a lack of urgency in previous games. So I think they - and Pearson, who remains responsible for results - are perfectly viable targets. And while I understand the dispute over what fans should and shouldn't say during the game, I don't think there's any serious argument against boos at the end of the game.

lol

I agree partly with Dan, so I don't know why your laughing.

We had good spells ourself, but Birmingham saw a lot of the ball, they passed it better than us, hence their first goal, which was due to a link of easy passes then an easy finish.

Redmond and Morrison controlled the game, more than our midfield.

Booing is only really justifiable after a truly unacceptable display - either an appalling lack of quality or a big shortfall in effort e.g. at HT away to Barnsley, that first half was the only time this season where I think the fans were entitled to slate the team in the way they did.

Not that ridiculous, they did dominate us for long spells, but not the whole game.

I agree partly with Dan, so I don't know why your laughing.

We had good spells ourself, but Birmingham saw a lot of the ball, they passed it better than us, hence their first goal, which was due to a link of easy passes then an easy finish.

Redmond and Morrison controlled the game, more than our midfield.

They had spells where they had good possession but I always felt we were the dominant force. We created more chances and always looked more likely to score. I thought they gifted us possession a lot despite having some good individual players.

So no, in no way did they dominate us, we should have won easily.

Well other people obviously didn't think it was a good performance, or do you think they might, just might, be getting a tad pissed off with the worst run of form in 6 years. Think about it a while, I'm sure you will come to the right conclusion........Then again

They had spells where they had good possession but I always felt we were the dominant force. We created more chances and always looked more likely to score. I thought they gifted us possession a lot despite having some good individual players.

So no, in no way did they dominate us, we should have won easily.

Yes we probably created more, but both of our goals came from set pieces and not open play.

Which is quite worrying.

Birmingham just passed it better than us in my opinion, we could hardly get close to Morrison and Redmond, they were class, were so lively across the 18 yard box. Clark gave them the time to roam, basically both seemed to be playing as attacking midfielders most of the time, that's what I think Pearson should do with Marshall and Knockaert, he tried it with Marshall at the end of last season and it worked. I think both players would be capable of playing that kind of role, getting someone in the summer like George Boyd would be a positive move in my opinion, we need better in midfield. We need more urgency, better passers of the ball, midfielders capable of shooting, and more attacking minded midfielders.

James should be the general point, with help from King, then I think they need to be partnered by a midfielder, who is capable of creating things, a good passer of the ball who can also shoot, someone like Gleeson from MK Dons.

Nugent was awful the whole game (not just one mistake), for us to only be an average championship side having spent millions on players is an embarrassment in itself. I'm sorry but 9 points from a possible 39 is it now? is not even average anyway. We would be bottom if the league started in feb, I expect better and we shown we can do a lot better earlier in the season.

Yes we probably created more, but both of our goals came from set pieces and not open play.

Which is quite worrying.

Birmingham just passed it better than us in my opinion, we could hardly get close to Morrison and Redmond, they were class, were so lively across the 18 yard box. Clark gave them the time to roam, basically both seemed to be playing as attacking midfielders most of the time, that's what I think Pearson should do with Marshall and Knockaert, he tried it with Marshall at the end of last season and it worked. I think both players would be capable of playing that kind of role, getting someone in the summer like George Boyd would be a positive move in my opinion, we need better in midfield. We need more urgency, better passers of the ball, midfielders capable of shooting, and more attacking minded midfielders.

James should be the general point, with help from King, then I think they need to be partnered by a midfielder, who is capable of creating things, a good passer of the ball who can also shoot, someone like Gleeson from MK Dons.

I thought Morrison and Redmond were quality as well, other than that I don't think they offered much. They looked dangerous occassionally but I don't remember them peppering our box mcuh and dominating possession apart from the odd spell.

I don't think we played great, against better sides we'd have had more problems, but we looked better than them and more likely to score. Our finishing was appalling, no doubt, and that was the difference in the end, though we would have held on without the nugent mistake IMO.

I'm still not quite sure why Knockaert hasn't played an attacking midfield role for ages, baffling. Likewise I'm not sure why Pearson thinks Schlupp is a striker and Wood is a wide player. We should have added a midfielder in January but still, the amount of things we've done wrong with our current crop is so frustrating.

Booing is only really justifiable after a truly unacceptable display - either an appalling lack of quality or a big shortfall in effort e.g. at HT away to Barnsley, that first half was the only time this season where I think the fans were entitled to slate the team in the way they did.

a like minded supporter. Thank you

Well other people obviously didn't think it was a good performance, or do you think they might, just might, be getting a tad pissed off with the worst run of form in 6 years. Think about it a while, I'm sure you will come to the right conclusion........Then again

read harry lcfc post. In my opinion he has hit the nail on the head. But we all have opinions!

Archived