Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Lloyd Dyer

"I am aware I have been linked with other clubs but, as far as I am concerned, I am a Leicester player and I love it here," said Dyer.

"I don't want to go anywhere. This is my club. I can't see why I would go anywhere else, especially when there are exciting times ahead.

"I have had no contact from Sheffield Wednesday and I wouldn't entertain that either. No-one has approached me.

"I love this club and everyone in my family loves this club. My young son loves this club.

"Everyone at the club is good to me and the fans are great to me. I don't want to go anywhere."

He added: "There is more competition for places now but I see that as a greater chance that we can go up. There are some exciting times ahead.

"This will probably sound a bit weird but last season was probably the first time I have played for a club and felt really proud to play for a club. I love to play for this club, I love it. I am proper proud to play for Leicester.

"I didn't like the speculation. I don't want to go. No-one has approached me or my agent."

Dyer, who signed a new four-year contract last season to commit himself to the club, said he feels City are on the verge of achieving something historic.

"I 100 per-cent believe we are heading towards something special," he said.

Lloyd :wub:

A long, long time ago (in another universe actually) Lloyd scored one of my all time favorite LCFC goals at Hereford. The sun was shining, we went 2-1 up and I knew then we were going to win the League. Lloyd Dyer, my Lord, Lloyd Dyer.

Couldnt agree more with a lot of the positive sentiment about Lloyd. His decision making and final ball can at times be poor but he is still a strong asset for us and some of his performances and goals have been memorable to say the least. His desire for this club is something that a lot of players here lack, they'll come and go but Lloyd for me will stay long in the memory as a Leicester Stalwart that although frustrating gave me some superb memories.

Touch wood he can keep his performances consistent for the next three games to push us over the line....

When we were at our best earlier in the season, the midfielders weren’t as you say restricted. This sometimes left the defence ‘exposed’ with little protection in front of the full backs and even the centre backs, with the lack of an anchor man. Yes we did press higher up the pitch, but there were times when the opposition played the direct ball or threaded balls through, leaving the defence to their own devices. The defence, particular the centre backs, were very solid.

Individually, Morgan has been our best player this season and there’s no question that without him we would have shipped a lot more goals this season, regardless of whether we defended from the front.

Very fair points Ash, it is clear to see why you think the way you do.

I would make some points though, when holding the line, say 20 to 40 yards out, Morgan is quite magnificent, strong both in the air and on the ground and he reads the game well. Few teams at this level have players quick enough and clever enough to trouble him, so yes he is excellent.

When we are playing less well we can often sit too deep and this causes a lack of decisiveness in our area which is most clearly shown by our woeful defending from corners and other set pieces. I think this is primarily an organisation issue and Morgan as the senior pro really should take care of that.

He is a big man and not that quick, which is understandable but the thing that worries me more is his reluctance to come wide and cover De Laet, he rarely moves outside the width of the penalty area and that can be troublesome, the young Michael Keane is much better in that respect.

Even so, Morgan remains a good shout for player of the season and our defence is still, I think, 3rd in the league but we can be by turn indecisive and impetuous, look at the penalties we concede, the red cards and most of all the goals given away at corners.

Lloyd Dyer is the longest serving player we now have of course, the only survivor from our League One side if you don't include permanent bench warmer Conrad Logan in with that! ;) Let's hope he keeps up his performance on Saturday at Palace that he showed on Tuesday.....that's if he's selected again this time. You never know with Pearson!

Very fair points Ash, it is clear to see why you think the way you do.

I would make some points though, when holding the line, say 20 to 40 yards out, Morgan is quite magnificent, strong both in the air and on the ground and he reads the game well. Few teams at this level have players quick enough and clever enough to trouble him, so yes he is excellent.

When we are playing less well we can often sit too deep and this causes a lack of decisiveness in our area which is most clearly shown by our woeful defending from corners and other set pieces. I think this is primarily an organisation issue and Morgan as the senior pro really should take care of that.

He is a big man and not that quick, which is understandable but the thing that worries me more is his reluctance to come wide and cover De Laet, he rarely moves outside the width of the penalty area and that can be troublesome, the young Michael Keane is much better in that respect.

Even so, Morgan remains a good shout for player of the season and our defence is still, I think, 3rd in the league but we can be by turn indecisive and impetuous, look at the penalties we concede, the red cards and most of all the goals given away at corners.

I do think we could do with an experienced defender who's more mobile and intelligent to play alongside Morgan - I think Keane will be a very good player in the future, and to be fair he's already very good, but I think his inexperience lets him down sometimes. Mind you, if he was a bit more experienced, he'd be way to good for us.

Lloyd Dyer is the longest serving player we now have of course, the only survivor from our League One side if you don't include permanent bench warmer Conrad Logan in with that! ;) Let's hope he keeps up his performance on Saturday at Palace that he showed on Tuesday.....that's if he's selected again this time. You never know with Pearson!

King?

And a certain Mr Andy King.

I do think we could do with an experienced defender who's more mobile and intelligent to play alongside Morgan - I think Keane will be a very good player in the future, and to be fair he's already very good, but I think his inexperience lets him down sometimes. Mind you, if he was a bit more experienced, he'd be way to good for us.

SSL fits the bill nicely don't you think

SSL fits the bill nicely don't you think

Not for me, I don't think he's a particularly technical/intelligent defender - he actually seems quite similar to Morgan at times to me. He isn't particularly quick either. Add to that the fact that he's never really fit due to the injuries he keeps picking up then I wouldn't be that bothered if we offloaded him over the summer, especially with the astronomical wages he's probably on thanks to Sven.

I do.

His team selections are fairy predictable. I've correctly guessed them (or got one player wrong) in the last six games (including Brighton away where he made big changes).

Dyer will start next game. I imagine it'll mostly be the same team, he may drop Knockaert/King but I think that's unlikely. Same team I reckon.

I like him as a person, but I doubt his ability as a footballer at times. He is very inconsistent and will have one good game every 7 games. Probably why West Brom released him, and he has never played at a higher level.

He does frustrate me. On his day/when he turns up, he can be a handful for most defenders. Other days, he can lack interest, determination and looks rubbish.

There is no doubt that whole left side needs improving though - Konchesky and Dyer. Need better quality if we want to sustain a good position in this divion (or higher).

I do.

His team selections are fairy predictable. I've correctly guessed them (or got one player wrong) in the last six games (including Brighton away where he made big changes).

Dyer will start next game. I imagine it'll mostly be the same team, he may drop Knockaert/King but I think that's unlikely. Same team I reckon.

Some of Pearson's late introductions in the most recent games have been questionable of course - Harry Kane at Brighton for one! Hope he fields the same team against Palace as I think they're there for the taking on present form without wanting to jinx matters or sound too presumptuos - no goals in five games or whatever. Dyer further exposing their frailities down the left wing if selected and he can carry over his form from Tuesday night would provide a good service for the likes of Wood, King and Nugent to get on the end of some of the more telling crosses!

Archived