Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Lloyd Dyer

It happens every year with Lloyd, he does well in the summer and autumn and then is the absolute pits during winter and then comes good towards the end of the season. Every year, every fookin year. I think we know how to use him now, Pearson seems to readily drop him when his form slumps, unlike he does with some but he'll whack him in if needs be.

He's horrible to watch at times but you cannot fault his desire, effort and his pace. He's not got a footballing brain but he's dangerous at times and has sone us points. He is so valuable for the run-in, as is Matty James and Schlupp. The 3 players who are in form and confident right now.

No idea, couldn't go......... :(

Just talking generally about what has been our biggest problem this season, our reluctance to attack.

I wouldn't say we are reluctant to attack, the way we go about it looked wrong.

I was reading the stuff about Revie and Smith that had been posted earlier in the week. One of the things that Smith said to Revie really summed up where we started going wrong. He said "it is not the man on the ball but the one running into position to take the pass who constitutes the danger". When we were at out best our players were constantly offering themselves and getting close to the man with the ball, we found it easy to manipulate our way into attacking positions.

At our worst players were still making runs, we were still putting men forward but they were running away from the man with the ball, or they were just too far away spread all over the pitch. Leaving him needing to produce an inch perfect pass to keep the move going, which ultimately didn't happen.

The goal was better just because Lloyd scored it! Likebable for his passion etc, put possibly one of the most frustrating players we've ever had playing for us too, can look awesome or the thickest player in the world. Legend though

I wouldn't say we are reluctant to attack, the way we go about it looked wrong.

I was reading the stuff about Revie and Smith that had been posted earlier in the week. One of the things that Smith said to Revie really summed up where we started going wrong. He said "it is not the man on the ball but the one running into position to take the pass who constitutes the danger". When we were at out best our players were constantly offering themselves and getting close to the man with the ball, we found it easy to manipulate our way into attacking positions.

At our worst players were still making runs, we were still putting men forward but they were running away from the man with the ball, or they were just too far away spread all over the pitch. Leaving him needing to produce an inch perfect pass to keep the move going, which ultimately didn't happen.

First para is absolutely spot on, the second not quite so good.

At our worst there are virtually no runners from the back and our wide men remain wide and 'tucked in', that's the problem. We pretty much always have men in forward positions, NFP loves his 2 up front, makes him look 'attacking', but without runners from the back that is pretty much a waste of time.

The difference when our players are released early, compared to when they are held back to contain is the single biggest element in whether we are going to play well or play poorly. You can usually tell within 5 minutes or so of the kick off.

He was good and bad last night. Fvcked things up several times but he contributes so much amongst his cock ups that I can forgive him for it. I can see why some people don't think he's good enough but he can be extremely effective at times even if there isn't much finesse about him.

One of my favourite players at the club for his passion and effort. Just look at the pics on the OS.

Lloyd Dyer reminds me very much of a young Patsy Kensit.

One of her earliest acting roles was a part in Absolute Beginners.

The film got a rather scathing review from one critic, who concluded with the following line.......

"Patsy Kensit was of course quite brilliant, and if she could act, she would have been even better".

Barely needs editing to apply to Lloyd........ :)

The film got a rather scathing review from one critic, who concluded with the following line.......

"Patsy Kensit was of course quite brilliant, and if she could act, she would have been even better".

So you are saying you find our Lloyd so sexually attractive that he doesn't need to be good at football for you to think he's brilliant?

lol this forum is great ;)

So you are saying you find our Lloyd so sexually attractive that he doesn't need to be good at football for you to think he's brilliant?

I knew Patsy and her brother quite well back in the early days of Eighth Wonder, when she was still 'jailbait'.

Stunningly attractive in a somewhat unreal, not quite a real person kind of thing, bit like Kate Moss.

Blinkers on what? He's been a fantastic servant to this club. Deserves some respect imo. Has the pace to scare anyone in this league

Doesn't use that pace, always has to take on two men, slows down untill two men is on him then delivers something from a horror film.

I have rinsed Dyer all year - just frustrates me more than anything as his pace is electric but cant really say any of his other footballing attributes are even decent - well that's harsh he tracks back well. Even Youngy on the radio was ripping into one of his poor crosses last night after making a good run

However sounded on the radio like he had a stormer after that - and really does give it his all so hopefully has had a good run in now!

Doesn't use that pace, always has to take on two men, slows down untill two men is on him then delivers something from a horror film.

While there is some truth in your comments, dyer does make runs and gives our defensive players options. He is also a threat that the opposition has to deal with and on occasions, like last night, he really delivers.

I don't think it is a coincidence that our best play this season comes when we have players getting forward at pace during transition. De Laet on the right, Dyer on the left and either Schlupp or Vardy up front. OK, the players have to make the runs, which is not always the case but when they do we look very good..... :)

While there is some truth in your comments, dyer does make runs and gives our defensive players options. He is also a threat that the opposition has to deal with and on occasions, like last night, he really delivers.

I don't think it is a coincidence that our best play this season comes when we have players getting forward at pace during transition. De Laet on the right, Dyer on the left and either Schlupp or Vardy up front. OK, the players have to make the runs, which is not always the case but when they do we look very good..... :)

So next game De Laet right wing, Dyer left, Vardy and Schlupp up front :D

TBH not the end of the world with that set up.De Laet to help his full back(Zaha)Pace is everything(said sven)Have to have Wood in though for Vardy but 60 mins from Wood and Vardy for the last 30 would be fine for me.

Schlupp seems fit enough for 90(trained at Man u)and is leading others with his movement not to mention the goals.I can see Knocky not being started but Id bring him on under orders for 30 mins.

Archived