Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Lloyd Dyer

So next game De Laet right wing, Dyer left, Vardy and Schlupp up front :D

Still not quite 'getting it' eh Babs...........

TBH not the end of the world with that set up.De Laet to help his full back(Zaha)Pace is everything(said sven)Have to have Wood in though for Vardy but 60 mins from Wood and Vardy for the last 30 would be fine for me.

Schlupp seems fit enough for 90(trained at Man u)and is leading others with his movement not to mention the goals.I can see Knocky not being started but Id bring him on under orders for 30 mins.

Actually it most probably is, doubling up on the Palace wide men and playing a containing game is what cost us the game at the KP and started our slide back at the end of October.

Set up cautiously and Palace will be all over us, giving our flakey defence ample opportunity to screw up. we need to keep Palace at arms length, that means taking the game to them.

Still not quite 'getting it' eh Babs...........

Actually it most probably is, doubling up on the Palace wide men and playing a containing game is what cost us the game at the KP and started our slide back at the end of October.

Set up cautiously and Palace will be all over us, giving our flakey defence ample opportunity to screw up. we need to keep Palace at arms length, that means taking the game to them.

The same flakey defence that's the best in the league?

The same flakey defence that's the best in the league?

A bite, excellent!

Our defensive strength is as a team, our back 4 can't defend corners and other set pieces, no one takes command in the box and Morgan still does not cover De Laet.

But apart from that it is great......

I'm not a Lloyd Dyer fan though I do appreciate his desire on occasions. Yes he is fast, yes he can't cross, yes he takes the wrong option too many times. I have read the comments on his form being seasonal, but I see him a little differently.

I was not at all surprised that he had a great game yesterday, even though I am no big fan. What I have noticed over the years is that his best games are always when being put into the start line-up after being 'rested' for a few games, this is also true with his impact from the subs bench. I said as much to chums yesterday, I've been saying it for some years.

The best way for Pearson to have used him over the years would have been to start with him in two games, drop him to the bench for four games with the odd sub appearance, then pick him to start for two games and so on and so on.

A bite, excellent!

Our defensive strength is as a team, our back 4 can't defend corners and other set pieces, no one takes command in the box and Morgan still does not cover De Laet.

But apart from that it is great......

So our defence is useless then unless helped out by the rest of the team?... Morgan’s only been our best player this season and possibly the best in the league….

He's the one player I'd have chosen to score a goal like that last night. I've always said he's great until it gets cold, then awful until the weather warms up! Last night was back to how he was playing earlier in the season.

I am in total agreement , I have been saying the same thing for years

I'm not at all surprised that last night worked.

James as the midfielder providing defensive cover. Getting his foot in, thwarting their attacks.

Dyer as the outlet, the pacey man to give the ball to to run at the defence.

It's a shame that Dyer's final product isn't always as good as it was last night. He would have definitely been a Premiership player because he is literally the only player we have in our team who can do what he does.

I'm surprised (again) that Lloyd was ever dropped from the team. Without him, we have looked so pedestrian going forward.

I do concede however that his decisions are not always the best, and unfortunately both for us and for Lloyd, that's his weakness.

I'm not at all surprised that last night worked.

James as the midfielder providing defensive cover. Getting his foot in, thwarting their attacks.

Dyer as the outlet, the pacey man to give the ball to to run at the defence.

It's a shame that Dyer's final product isn't always as good as it was last night. He would have definitely been a Premiership player because he is literally the only player we have in our team who can do what he does.

I'm surprised (again) that Lloyd was ever dropped from the team. Without him, we have looked so pedestrian going forward.

I do concede however that his decisions are not always the best, and unfortunately both for us and for Lloyd, that's his weakness.

Agree with this

I love his apparent desire to play for Leicester City, something that I think is missing from certain other members of the squad

When we play well we have players getting forward quickly and making runs to show for the ball, De Laet, Schlupp, Nugent, Dyer, even Konchesky on occasions are all instrumental in doing that and it makes it very easy for our defensive players to bring the ball out of defence.

When we do that we are a very decent side, but when we sit back, try to contain the opposition we are just horrible, with no runners breaking from the back, the gap between our back 8 and our frontmen is huge, it has been our main problem since November.

:thumbup:

So our defence is useless then unless helped out by the rest of the team?... Morgan’s only been our best player this season and possibly the best in the league….

Our back four is severely limited, we consistently fail to dominate our own penalty area, we are poor at defending crosses or set pieces, and Morgan, for all his strengths, USB slow on the turn and consistently fails to cover De Laet. All this is obvious week on week.

Our defensive record is good, mainly because of the way we defend from the front and in midfield. When we play at our best, our pressing game keeps the opposition at arms length.

Just off the topic of Tuesday's match, I wish we had a whole team of Lloyd Dyer's - his attitude is absolutely exemplary - I still remember the article about him in The Mockery a while back when he was linked with a move away:

http://www.thisislei...l#axzz2QnVxygtM

"I am aware I have been linked with other clubs but, as far as I am concerned, I am a Leicester player and I love it here," said Dyer.

"I don't want to go anywhere. This is my club. I can't see why I would go anywhere else, especially when there are exciting times ahead.

"I have had no contact from Sheffield Wednesday and I wouldn't entertain that either. No-one has approached me.

"I love this club and everyone in my family loves this club. My young son loves this club.

"Everyone at the club is good to me and the fans are great to me. I don't want to go anywhere."

He added: "There is more competition for places now but I see that as a greater chance that we can go up. There are some exciting times ahead.

"This will probably sound a bit weird but last season was probably the first time I have played for a club and felt really proud to play for a club. I love to play for this club, I love it. I am proper proud to play for Leicester.

"I didn't like the speculation. I don't want to go. No-one has approached me or my agent."

Dyer, who signed a new four-year contract last season to commit himself to the club, said he feels City are on the verge of achieving something historic.

"I 100 per-cent believe we are heading towards something special," he said.

What an absolute hero, great attitude to have and it's nice - and rare - to see such fierce loyalty from a footballer in this day and age. Lloyd Dyer - you might not be Leicester born and bred, but you're one of our own.

A long, long time ago (in another universe actually) Lloyd scored one of my all time favorite LCFC goals at Hereford. The sun was shining, we went 2-1 up and I knew then we were going to win the League. Lloyd Dyer, my Lord, Lloyd Dyer.

Our back four is severely limited, we consistently fail to dominate our own penalty area, we are poor at defending crosses or set pieces, and Morgan, for all his strengths, USB slow on the turn and consistently fails to cover De Laet. All this is obvious week on week.

Our defensive record is good, mainly because of the way we defend from the front and in midfield. When we play at our best, our pressing game keeps the opposition at arms length.

When we were at our best earlier in the season, the midfielders weren’t as you say restricted. This sometimes left the defence ‘exposed’ with little protection in front of the full backs and even the centre backs, with the lack of an anchor man. Yes we did press higher up the pitch, but there were times when the opposition played the direct ball or threaded balls through, leaving the defence to their own devices. The defence, particular the centre backs, were very solid.

Individually, Morgan has been our best player this season and there’s no question that without him we would have shipped a lot more goals this season, regardless of whether we defended from the front.

Archived