Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Lloyd Dyer

He's the one player I'd have chosen to score a goal like that last night. I've always said he's great until it gets cold, then awful until the weather warms up! Last night was back to how he was playing earlier in the season.

Blinkers on what? He's been a fantastic servant to this club. Deserves some respect imo. Has the pace to scare anyone in this league

He's been good for us but we could do with a replacement, he wouldn't get in any teams above us!

I've always said if he could pass or shoot he would be playing in the Champions League. His pace and strength is something that is required in the Championship and we severely lack when hes not involved. The cold weather theory is interesting too

I think Dyer's useful for fairly blatant reasons; very fast and very direct. Always willing to knock the ball past someone to take them on, then it's just a 50/50 (or less) as to whether the cross or shot is on target. Also remember last night that they played Butterfield at right back who got taken off for being woeful. But don't get me wrong, he's definitely got his uses.

When we play well we have players getting forward quickly and making runs to show for the ball, De Laet, Schlupp, Nugent, Dyer, even Konchesky on occasions are all instrumental in doing that and it makes it very easy for our defensive players to bring the ball out of defence.

When we do that we are a very decent side, but when we sit back, try to contain the opposition we are just horrible, with no runners breaking from the back, the gap between our back 8 and our frontmen is huge, it has been our main problem since November.

When we play well we have players getting forward quickly and making runs to show for the ball, De Laet, Schlupp, Nugent, Dyer, even Konchesky on occasions are all instrumental in doing that and it makes it very easy for our defensive players to bring the ball out of defence.

When we do that we are a very decent side, but when we sit back, try to contain the opposition we are just horrible, with no runners breaking from the back, the gap between our back 8 and our frontmen is huge, it has been our main problem since November.

So would you say that's what happened last night?

He's been good for us but we could do with a replacement, he wouldn't get in any teams above us!

We already have a replacement but Dyer is a good option off the bench to exploit a slow defence and basically just frighten the opposition with his pace. I agree that he is inconsistent with his final delivery, shooting but when it all clicks he looks superb.

Another point is the space he creates for others by his quick burst of pace. He also adds a bit more width to our ame than our other wingers.

I'm not for one minute suggesting Dyer is our saviour or any more that a decent championship player but it's nice in the current climate to see a player that loves to play for our club

Class last night. Always liked him - plenty of pace, very direct and can produce the odd bit of quality, like the goal last night. He's equally bloody frustrating, like his amazing run from inside our own half and he seemed to freeze outside their penalty area. But we won, he played great and hopefully he, aswell as Schlupp can continue this form into arguably the biggest 3 games in a number of years.

Archived